Terraria State of the Game - June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
the terraria wiki is quite off on its update history, cause i read them all and i can guarantee most of those changes or items were in different updates (yes, i know they have different names for the updates like how console still shows as 1.0, when its pc 1.3.1)

Attachments

• 704729D7-4FA6-40E7-9DC7-614AF34FF507.jpeg
    704729D7-4FA6-40E7-9DC7-614AF34FF507.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 176
the terraria wiki is quite off on its update history, cause i read them all and i can guarantee most of those changes or items were in different updates (yes, i know they have different names for the updates like how console still shows as 1.0, when its pc 1.3.1)
i think the 1.02 etc. is just a typo and it is 1.2 and 1.1.. because in 1.2 the recipe for the disc were changed.. and the item was introduced in 1.1..

Last edited:
It's not perfectly accurate because in many cases several items are lumped together on a single page, this page gives you a decent idea of how big each update was in term of new in-game content.

If you add in 1.3.2+1.3.3+1.3.4+1.3.4.2+1.3.5, you get 141 pages for content introduced. The Old One's Army monsters exist in three tiers for most regular monsters (two tiers for the Dark Mage and Ogre, one tier for Betsy), three tiers for each sentry type too, and the armor sets are made of three part each, the Old One's Army monster banners aren't listed either, and if you look at 1.3.5 you'll see an entire furniture set only counts as one, so an exact count of each entity introduced would probably be closer to around 300 than around 140, but whatever; the same kind of caveat also apply to the other updates. For a rough comparison of the order of magnitude of each update, it works.

i think the 1.02 etc. is just a typo and it is 1.2 and 1.1.. because in 1.2 the recipe for the disc were changed.. and the item was introduced in 1.1..
It should say “Switch Release” instead of what it said there, as switch has 1.3 at release and light discs are 1.1. It also shouldnt say mobile release, cause i can guarantee i beat WoF several times and hardmode didnt start, making it impossible to get any of the iteme used for crafting.

Switch release, and state of the game for xbox and ps4
State of the Game is for all platforms, and I'm tired of getting a notification just to find out it's someone talking about Switch. I'm after a thread I can follow that only covers the main consoles - PS4 and Xbox One.

State of the Game is for all platforms, and I'm tired of getting a notification just to find out it's someone talking about Switch. I'm after a thread I can follow that only covers the main consoles - PS4 and Xbox One.
They dont often make a post for a specific device, unless its very important like a big update. whats wrong with a notification about switch though, i dont mind.

whats wrong with a notification about switch though, i dont mind.

There's just a lot of them, which is fair enough as Switch owners must be very excited (little do they know the pain of Pipeworks' multitude of bugs), but I was just wondering if there's something that just focuses on consoles. No biggy though.

Wow, was just playing terraria on my xbox and i guess im all out of luck, when i finally turned it off the informational accessory things were still there on my tv, along with my health and the minimap lol.

I have a question about mobile 1.3 beta. When they pick people for testing, will they (Re-Logic/DR Studios/505 Games) send out an email that you didn’t get picked, even though you applied? Or are you just not going to get an email at all if you didn’t get picked?

Side note: I love this slime emote! :kingslime:

I have a question about mobile 1.3 beta. When they pick people for testing, will they (Re-Logic/DR Studios/505 Games) send out an email that you didn’t get picked, even though you applied? Or are you just not going to get an email at all if you didn’t get picked?

For people who don't get picked, I wouldn't expect an email. There are 100's if not 1,000's of applicants that likely applied. It wouldn't be possible to email everyone who applied and didn't get picked. If a person is picked, they should get an email.

There's just a lot of them, which is fair enough as Switch owners must be very excited (little do they know the pain of Pipeworks' multitude of bugs), but I was just wondering if there's something that just focuses on consoles. No biggy though.

If I understand what you mean, you're wondering about a Thread that focuses just on PS4/Xbox 1/Switch? Only the Console platforms. Currently there isn't really a thread like that. The closest Thread there is to a recent console only update would be the 1.3.1 Update for PS4/XB1.

In general, Console only announcements are made in this section: Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio If there are new console only announcements, this Forum section is a good one to watch if you are interested in Console-only news.

Not really
Its just a single event, with an NPC just for it, Its like taking golf and the golf npc from 1.4.
It wasn't big, but it was certainly a good update. That event is SO fun and it's the only way to form intricate tower defense strategies in terraria without logic gates or mods.
Also I consider 1.3.3 to be big, it really fleshed out early hardmode, and not just in the desert! Onyx blaster and sky fracture are SO useful!

Last edited:
Correct. Legacy items will be unfortunately removed for Mobile once the update arrives. ~:(
Do you know what will happen to placed Ocram Trophies (currently I’m planning on breaking all of them so I don’t corrupt the world or something)? It’s fine if you don’t, I don’t think too many people know

Do you know what will happen to placed Ocram Trophies (currently I’m planning on breaking all of them so I don’t corrupt the world or something)? It’s fine if you don’t, I don’t think too many people know
No way in hell will holding on to mobile exclusives break your world. You have nothing to worry about.

No way in hell will holding on to mobile exclusives break your world. You have nothing to worry about.
They're reassigning the item ids, which means it'll just change into something else without world corruption.
Thanks for your super quick replies! I’ll make sure to keep the trophies :)
[doublepost=1562090792,1562090682][/doublepost]
Console update names are weird, so Console calls 1.2.0 as 1.02, and 1.2.3 as 1.06, 1.2.4.1 as 1.07, etc.

It would be a simple thing for them to drop a quick post here saying that they picked the testers and if you haven't gotten an email then you weren't chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom