Terraria State of the Game - June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get an amen for otherworld sound track.
Amen! That Overworld soundtrack is wonderful, not a bad track in the mix. Playing Terraria with it instead of the original music is the only way to go, especially in the jungle. Those tracks are so good in fact that it makes me even sadder Otherworld got cancelled... until I remind myself that they wouldn't have cancelled it in the first place if there weren't big issues, not to mention that you can't judge a game on music alone. Still though, that excellent music at least matches the hopes I had from those few screenshots, and I'm glad it eventually got to improve my original Terraria experience if nothing else.

Will the Otherworld soundtrack be released on Bandcamp?

Considering it's already on steam in low quality mp3 format, the best is to hope that when/if it does make it to bandcamp, it's not cut off at 15 khz and is high quality and all that, in FLAC. Otherwise the whole point would be gone, if not for the "pay what you want" part.

Here's a screenie of what I mean. This is the Steam version.

1593117208006.png

I plan on updating my DAC/AMP setup with high end headphones soon. Would be nice to be able to make use of this game's music.

Amen! That Overworld soundtrack is wonderful, not a bad track in the mix. Playing Terraria with it instead of the original music is the only way to go, especially in the jungle. Those tracks are so good in fact that it makes me even sadder Otherworld got cancelled... until I remind myself that they wouldn't have cancelled it in the first place if there weren't big issues, not to mention that you can't judge a game on music alone. Still though, that excellent music at least matches the hopes I had from those few screenshots, and I'm glad it eventually got to improve my original Terraria experience if nothing else.
I think the issue was a case of the "nih syndrome". I really hope I'm wrong through.

Wow, Frank Klepacki did some of the music for T:OW!?

Frank Klepacki!?

You mean that guy who did RA2's soundtrack?

Dude. I might have to go and pick that up now. Hopefully someday modders can find some way of adding those tracks into a mod if you bought the soundtrack or something, or some-such.

I’m quite pleased the switch version is getting a patch so soon. I’m hoping the nebula armor bug got noticed and is being fixed too.

Are there going to be servers (the ones that have IP addresses, not just playing with friends) on Switch? I got it so I can easily just bring it around, but I went to get items and there was no option to go on the server I needed, just hosting and joining games. Also, I can't even use the multiplayer because nobody on my friend list has Terraria.

Nice, another preview for mobile! Now that we're on that topic, I hope whips aren't as awkward as yoyos.

Anyways, how will the research-duplication system work? Do we just have to tap to put it in the research slot/dupe it into our inventory or do we have to drag around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom