Terraria State of the Game - June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the vanity contest ?
The contest winners’ vanity items will be included in the 1.4.1 update. The first post mentions, “...we are starting to dip our toes into elements of the 1.4.1 update. As a reminder, this will contain the Vanity Contest winners...”

Edit - ninjad by Grey.

real optimistic, aren't you?
It's often better to be a bit pessimistic than too optimistic (although there are limits to everything). Less heartache that way. Of course, it's even better to be a realist. Then you acknowledge that there are things out of your control. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

It seems Pipeworks haven't started on 1.4 yet. That's understandable since they still got things on their plate to digest. The performance issues for one thing. And Re-Logic are still working fixing bugs and adding the vanity contest stuff, so it might be better for them to wait until that's done. So currently it's not possible to give an estimate when 1.4 will arrive on console.

DR on the other hand didn't have anything left on their plate and were hungry for more, so they have started working on 1.4. They might also have a less thorny path to travel. Both Pipeworks and DR uses the pc source code in their ports. That code is not complete however. On pc both the XNA and .NET frameworks are needed. These frameworks doesn't exist on other platforms. On mobile there are alternative frameworks available that are more or less equivalent, but on console there aren't any alternatives. Pipeworks had to build something themselves, and they did that with Unity (another framework). In hindsight that might not have been the best solution, but it's what we have now.

It's often better to be a bit pessimistic than too optimistic (although there are limits to everything). Less heartache that way. Of course, it's even better to be a realist. Then you acknowledge that there are things out of your control. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I'm not being too optimistic. I'm just hoping it comes out by the end of the year. Is that really too much to ask?

Still no mention directly of splitscreen on switch. :(
There are two paragraphs discussing Switch splitscreen in the first post. It may it be the news everyone is hoping for, but it was directly mentioned. Perhaps you missed it?

Are we ever going to get Vol. 2 of the soundtrack on Apple Music? The only songs available right now are Vol. 1 and Vol. 3, which makes it impossible to listen to a lot of the 1.2 and 1.4 songs on this platform.
I thought the vol 2 was out, idk might be because I always check on my iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom