Terraria State of the Game - June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely will have some limit, due to how consoles utilize cloud storage for saves nowadays (vs the ability to go all-local, such as with PC/Mobile) and/or other first party requirements for total storage footprint (I know that has been a thing in the past). Unknown what that will be yet.
I think they were asking will they have no set limit at all like the 1.3 world and player limit, I know about the storage limit but I’m meaning make as much as you want to the storage limit is full.
@Doodles yes the spelling is different

Last edited:
Mobile 1.4 gamepad is janky in the way that you have to map it each time you pair a new gamepad to the device

Interesting, I'll pass that up the chain. Not sure if its something that can be addressed or not.

To add insult to injury the game doesn't seem to recognize when you've got a pair of joycon paired instead of just one, which gets to me even in other apps where I'd use my joycons.
Not sure that Mobile officially supports joycons.

You forgot the "u" in "armour"...

Were you ever able to learn if a player can use both at once? Typing is going to be crucial in Journey Mode, and currently typing in-game on console is a nightmare. It would be good if we can play on controller, but type with KB+M, otherwise finding an item quickly without being killed will be tricky, especially in multiplayer where there's no pause.

I haven't tried it, to be honest - my setup in here is such that testing that would take a lot of time and trouble. I'll ask the team though.

UPDATING:
  • If you had a keyboard plugged in, you should be able to use it and a controller in the manner you suggest. You would press enter (just like on PC) to start a chat window, type it in, and so forth.
  • Checking to see if that would also mean you could use said keyboard and all of its keybinds to create a hybrid PC+Gamepad control scheme, like one might use on PC.

I think they were asking will they have no set limit at all like the 1.3 world and player limit, I know about the storage limit but I’m meaning make as much as you want to the storage limit is full.
@Doodles yes the spelling is different

That's what I'm saying - the limits on console exist because of a combination of how cloud saves work on consoles combined with first party footprint limits. On PC/Mobile, its all saved to your device, so your space is... your space, so to speak. On Consoles, its a far more "controlled" environment. That said, I would assume that you will at least have what you have now in regards to limits (30/30, if I recall correctly?).

Last edited:
Interesting, I'll pass that up the chain. Not sure if its something that can be addressed or not.

Not sure that Mobile officially supports joycons.

I haven't tried it, to be honest - my setup in here is such that testing that would take a lot of time and trouble. I'll ask the team though.

That's what I'm saying - the limits on console exist because of a combination of how cloud saves work on consoles combined with first party footprint limits. On PC/Mobile, its all saved to your device, so your space is... your space, so to speak. On Consoles, its a far more "controlled" environment. That said, I would assume that you will at least have what you have now in regards to limits (30/30, if I recall correctly?).
Oh well I was hoping we could have more because I hate deleting characters and world….
But oh well I can delete super old words from 1.2

You forgot the "u" in "armour"...

Were you ever able to learn if a player can use both at once? Typing is going to be crucial in Journey Mode, and currently typing in-game on console is a nightmare. It would be good if we can play on controller, but type with KB+M, otherwise finding an item quickly without being killed will be tricky, especially in multiplayer where there's no pause.

you know re-logic is an american developer, right?

it's "armor" over here.

let's not get into spelling differences between our countries.

feels like that would just lead to a pointless argument.

I’m exited to see what console will be like(I’m almost done fighting the mech bosses on console) but once it releases I’m going to have so much fun. Thanks for putting you effort, devs!

I like more to say armor, but I don't know where it comes from. Can someone tell me?

Armour comes from the old French word armour. It's had a few spellings in English over time. In the UK we spell it armour.

The US spelling has undergone simplification, having lost the u in armour, and in other words ending (I'm not sure about medial) our, such as color/colour and valor/valour.

Armour comes from the old French word armour. It's had a few spellings in English over time. In the UK we spell it armour.

The US spelling has undergone simplification, having lost the u in armour, and in other words ending (I'm not sure about medial) our, such as color/colour and valor/valour.
Yeah the Us drop those because of the cost of each word in newspapers..

Yeah the Us drop those because of the cost of each word in newspapers..
While that seems logical, it isn't the case. Newspapers cost by the page, not by letters.

Variations in spelling of such words as color and valor have been around a long time - Shakespeare used both spellings. In fact the standard UK spelling used to be more like the US, and US spelling more like UK.

It was during the 1800s that things settled down with the creation of modern dictionaries. Noah Webster used the simplified spellings in his first dictionary, and that became the US' standard spelling.

Honestly I’m just glad to see that the boss health bar is bottom center instead of up where player health is as was shown a couple sotgs before

It's outdated as far as the Switch being released, but the major limitation was making it cross-compatiable with the old-gen 3DS. The New 3DS probably could handle Moon Lord, but Old-gen definitely can't as old-gen has a history of crashing during or after the fight with Plantera (its happened to me each time on non New 3DS systems).

I could maybe see a new patch to correct some of the lingering bugs at least, just no major boss or content additions
really? ive never really crashed even with a 3ds xl. i can handle all bosses. Even pumpkin and frost moons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom