Terraria State of the Game - March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys are gonna fix the depth-o meter for mobile? That’s great I have like 3 in chest and never use them because they never worked or display any info. The only way to tell depth in mobile is to look at the background or to get the depth dye from the stylist

Already showed info accessories working a bit ago.... https://twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/1091065136712945667

So yeah, be ready to break out those depth meters and more. :)

Releasing 1.3.1 yet I still cant even play because the game wont save after I do anything. Great dev team.

If that's in regards to console, my understanding is that this 1.3.1 update for console us not just that content, but also a list of bugfixes. Assuming you reported that one in earlier - hopefully they took care of that.

I thought about transparency before, the controls take too much space in the screen, don't they? that's been one of my main worries about the new update, especially for people who plays in phones instead of tablets

Have completed a full play on my phone - and I'm not even remotely close to what you would call a mobile gamer, not even on tablets. Still tweaks to be made - and tweaks being made even during that and even now - but rarely if ever did I find myself fighting the controls. I cannot say that I had the same experience on the existing mobile version.

That said, there are some clutter issues that will need to be cleaned up, but the team is aware. The core focus at DR right now is getting everything in and functioning (not just content, but features as well), while tweaking what is already in as time allows. Once its all in, then it is all hands on deck in the "getting it all where it needs to be" area. That said, I know the team will be eager for feedback after the launch as well - nothing is ever perfect, after all, and luckily, mobile allows for more streamlined small tweaks/fixes, than say console, due to a much easier submission process. Feedback will be very encouraged - there is a LOT changing on mobile, so be ready to share. :)

So this means that 1.3.6 is very close for console too right? Since you told us you would be able to have all platforms on the same level now. Over a year ago.
No they didn't. They said they would be on the same level eventually.

@Loki the console save bug has been around for over 5 years now, I wouldn't get any hopes up.
[doublepost=1553175518,1553175404][/doublepost]
Thankfully, people can just use weapons that don't deal summoning damage, since the game doesn't actually have any classes.
Passive-aggressive, much? Many people play with class restrictions and those should be accommodated, not made fun of.

@Loki the console save bug has been around for over 5 years now, I wouldn't get any hopes up.

5 years? So both before and after the Engine-PW change? When you say doesn't save at all, what does that mean... literally like doesn't save at all? (can take to PM to avoid derailing the thread, but would love to know more - as I have never encountered that personally)

5 years? So both before and after the Engine-PW change? When you say doesn't save at all, what does that mean... literally like doesn't save at all? (can take to PM to avoid derailing the thread, but would love to know more - as I have never encountered that personally)
I saw it happen back when I used to use PS3 edition. The game will just... stop saving. Anything. Every time you close it and open it again, even without turning off the console, all your settings will be defaulted and all your data erased. It will even display the EULA before letting you access the title screen. As far as I know there is no way to fix it as my game remains bugged on that console.

Obviously that was an older version and I'm just assuming it's the same bug on the newer consoles by the sound of it.

Have completed a full play on my phone - and I'm not even remotely close to what you would call a mobile gamer, not even on tablets. Still tweaks to be made - and tweaks being made even during that and even now - but rarely if ever did I find myself fighting the controls. I cannot say that I had the same experience on the existing mobile version.

That said, there are some clutter issues that will need to be cleaned up, but the team is aware. The core focus at DR right now is getting everything in and functioning (not just content, but features as well), while tweaking what is already in as time allows. Once its all in, then it is all hands on deck in the "getting it all where it needs to be" area. That said, I know the team will be eager for feedback after the launch as well - nothing is ever perfect, after all, and luckily, mobile allows for more streamlined small tweaks/fixes, than say console, due to a much easier submission process. Feedback will be very encouraged - there is a LOT changing on mobile, so be ready to share. :)
Just imagine trying to play it on a iPhone SE. You probably can only see the charecter if there isnt zooming farther out, and transparecy controls.
[doublepost=1553180379,1553180044][/doublepost]I just took a better look at the mobile spoiler, along with some old ones and there are some disappointments, like the grappling hook button, now you cant really use it without stopping. Another is the + & - buttons (probably used to zoom) arent there, although i bet you can zoom by swiping.

Just imagine trying to play it on a iPhone SE. You probably can only see the charecter if there isnt zooming farther out, and transparecy controls.

Yeah I get that - then again, trying to play an insanely complex game like this with so much going on within the confines of a 4" screen is going to be a brutal challenge no matter what. That said, on both of my phones (neither being a 4" screen to be fair), it felt great to me (a few clutter issues to deal with) - even during intense boss fights like Plantera etc.

There is zoom in/out already. I'll mention it to the DR folks and see what they say - but again, that's gonna be a hard case no matter what based on the hard limitations of that. That said, I'll have a chat with DR and see where their collective heads are on the topic of screen size, etc.

the grappling hook button

Remember that all of this is in the process of iteration. Part of the downside of sharing indev work with folks is that some things may not be final and may change from screenshot to screenshot. Grapple is one of those things... though the solution we at RL liked the best is not the one shown in this latest build. ;)

Another is the + & - buttons (probably used to zoom) arent there

1 Question, can you still zoom the camera in and out?

They actually are. Just not in the Stylist UI itself. Watch the first part of the video, look at the very bottom of the screen. :)

You can zoom both the camera and the map.

That said, the plan is to add pinch zoom before all is said and done.

With the new 1.3 coming to mobile, will we have the option of running a local mobile server as a persistent world on a Unix system or similar?

I remember, more than a year ago, I was talking with a friend about Terraria, we wanted to start over, and we saw news about 1.3.6, so we decided to wait, because if we started over, and the new version came out, and we started over again, we would get bored to do all over again... so, we waited... and with each news we were like "It will release soon now, we should wait..." and here we are...

I'm ok with not giving a precise release date, but please, at least tell us if it's gonna be weeks, months, or years.

I miss Terraria a lot, but at the same time, I don't want to start again and having to start all over again for the new release to soon.

But even if last time I played it was in late 2017, it's still my game with the most playtime (just behind Tabletop Simulator, which isn't really a game),
and my second favorite one, just after The Elder Scroll series, especially Skyrim.

So thanks a lot for your amazing game and universe, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait, like always.

This is nice, but I’m worried about the fate of the exclusive content version for mobile devices. What will happen to him? (I hope he will not be removed, the pets are very good, I don’t want to lose it all)

This is nice, but I’m worried about the fate of the exclusive content version for mobile devices. What will happen to him? (I hope he will not be removed, the pets are very good, I don’t want to lose it all)
This has been clarified already. All exclusive content will be removed, but some of the exclusive armors will turn into vanity sets. Also, Ocram masks and trophies will stay if you obtain them before the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom