Terraria State of the Game - March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait if they knew that mobile would take too long to get 1.3, why not just make 1.2.9 or something and add like...small features or items that are hard to get so that people can be busy with that instead of bugging the dev team

I mean I play gd as well but Robtop kept feeling stressed about all people bugging him about updates of his main game, so he made side games that still tied into the community, except each time he made one it would tie into what the new mechanics would be in a specific way and each one came off as "he released it as a sign that werew getting closer to the update to the main game"

This has been clarified already. All exclusive content will
This has been clarified already. All exclusive content will be removed, but some of the exclusive armors will turn into vanity sets. Also, Ocram masks and trophies will stay if you obtain them before the update.
btw all exclusive pets will be replaced with a golden bunny and souls of bright will be replaced by 5 gold coin each if in your inventory

Last edited:
5 years? So both before and after the Engine-PW change? When you say doesn't save at all, what does that mean... literally like doesn't save at all? (can take to PM to avoid derailing the thread, but would love to know more - as I have never encountered that personally)

If I do anything "progressive" ie. Place a block, pick up items (not usually just one but I can't tell how many it takes), or even just being in a world and doing nothing will force the game into this saving loop that never actually saves and I cant do anything to stop it other than exit the game entirely which makes me lose everything I did. I did report this and someone said I should format my xbox and see if that fixes it. All that did was delete all my captures I had saved only on my xbox that I wasnt aware of until they were gone. This bug makes the game literally unplayable. I haven't been able to play for over a year now. I'm holding out for the switch version but if that one is busted too I'm giving up on Terraria.

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Hello everyone! It is hard to believe that we are nearing the end of March already. As you know, part of the upcoming 1.3 update for Mobile Terraria includes a full makeover of the game - controls, UI, and more. We figured what better way to get into that spirit than to take a visit to our friendly neighborhood Stylist to get a fresh look...

We hope you all enjoy this quick sneak peek into the new UI for the Stylist - which we think is not only easier to use/tell what you are getting, but also provides more control for the player for things like hair color by using detailed sliders vs "pick a color" boxes.

We also hope that everyone will make good use of the now fully-functional dressers - no longer just decorative furniture, these versatile items allow you to change your clothes while also serving as chests for extra storage!

In regards to what we are working on currently, most of the focus remains on fine-tuning the Controls/UI (this takes a lot of experimentation and iterations, but its getting better and better!), optimizing performance, and making sure that we have all of the features in this version that we (and Re-Logic) feel it deserves.

What is really exciting about this new mobile update to us is that it is not just going to bring 1.3 content at long last to all of you - it is allowing us to go back and really upgrade everything, make sure things that never worked (info accessories, signs, dressers, etc) work properly, and just really polish up the mobile Terraria experience. We hope you all share our excitement from what we have shown thus far, and we cannot wait to tease you with further info as we get ever closer to putting this amazing game in the hands of DRstudios.

Wait so how will you guys make auto-swing-less mobile work? Is auto swing an issue to get around because it might bring players away from terraria mobile or is it just an issue of difficulty to beat the game with this all weapon auto swing mechanic removed from most weapons?

Last edited:
Wait so how will you guys make auto-swing-less mobile work? Is auto swing an issue to get around because it might bring players away from terraria mobile or is it just an issue of difficulty to beat the game with this all weapon auto swing mechanic removed from most weapons?

Having done a full playthrough without any debug or anything of the sort, it didn't cause any major issues. The use of buttons vs tying everything to the rt stick makes non-autoswing far more accessible and natural.

I like what I see regarding the UI. But what happens if my device can't handle the next update? Will I get a refund or some sort if compensation? Or do I just... kiss that 5 bucks goodbye?

I like what I see regarding the UI. But what happens if my device can't handle the next update? Will I get a refund or some sort if compensation? Or do I just... kiss that 5 bucks goodbye?
I'm genuinely curious. Have you ever gotten a refund for anything on mobile because it was updated and no longer ran on your device?

Kinda hard to happen, especially because this game is better optimized than Minecraft. My friend asks the same

I would imagine that you would still have the existing version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom