Terraria State of the Game - March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give us at least mobile beta. We are waiting more than year!!!!!!! :mad::mad: I think we will wait like 3 mouths until beta. And like 6 months minimum till official release

I have never understood the desire to play alpha/beta versions. Why would you want to play an unfinished buggy version? And why the expectation that a developer would release one? A movie company wouldn't release a "beta" film, and a car manufacturer wouldn't release "beta" versions of their latest model.

Beta releases can make developers work more difficult, in my experience. People invariably forget that they are playing an incomplete buggy version, and :red: when things are not as they expect. They game gets judged before its even finished. Everyone has a their own view on the game (which is in a state that was never meant to be played) and all those views and opinions end up muddying the water, making it hard to sift out the real issues.

I can understand release candidates, as those are functionally complete and in a state that the developers consider ready to release. RCs can help with testing on a larger scale.

I guess for me it's a matter of professional pride. If I'm not happy with the state of something I have coded, why would I want to release it knowing everyone else is going to be unhappy with it?

Cant wait. played mobile for years and when i didn't play for a while i would run to the dungeon to see if the cultists were at the dugeon. well finally they will be in mobile. MOON LORD ON MOBILE. geez, good job

Give us at least mobile beta. We are waiting more than year!!!!!!! :mad::mad: I think we will wait like 3 mouths until beta. And like 6 months minimum till official release

The real mobile players have been waiting for over 3 years (Original 1.3 has been years back and we're (Console & Mobile) still in 1.2.3-ish). At first we felt disappointed, but hey, on the bright side we've got a lot of time to hone our abilities and farm for the hardest and rarest drops.

Devs said Mobile 1.3 will come out after Terraria Switch, which has already entered Alpha phase iirc. That means just a couple of months or so and we'll probably already defeated the Moon Lord!
Ive had the game since around when it first came out on mobile. I know that its been atleast 3 years, almost 4. The reason switch is coming before mobile is because mobile players will just update, not buy a new game. Switch players have to buy it.

Its never been confirmed more than 6 months anywhere and i dont even think it will be that long, considering how far it is and has gotten in the time we've waited.
A beta isnt a very good idea, and should really only be used for finding glitches and other stuff to fix.

Wait so you just leaked that we're going to use buttons instead of tapping the screen?

Where did I say that you cannot tap the screen? All I said was that the buttons are very effective and usable for those that are concerned with such. Don't over-read into things. ;)

I mean, before we had the left stick for movement a right stick for a variety of things, but mostly actions... and then some touch interacts.

I am going to guess that each player will find their own style with how things are in regards to controls - its far more flexible than before, in my opinion at least. :)

Are the developers at DR Studios going to ever going to add inversed axis for users who like their attack button on the left side of their screen and a joystick on the right side? I'm just curious.

Interesting notion, not sure that is really feasible, but interesting.

i just want to ask if the online multiplayer will come to mobile 1.3?

Don't know - I do not think that DR has fully fleshed out MP yet. Would just say stay tuned I suppose.

Not to mention minor stuff that I'm sure were reported, like when the jungle temple door generates with lizhard blocks, when you place like 10 blocks of sand or another biome specific block you can already hear the music of that biome or even the background, the game crashes or become slower because the craft menu takes too much to load when it has a lot of stuff discovered, etc.

Or like signs that don't work.... or dressers that do nothing.... and no info accessories? Hopefully, everyone has noticed that the DR team has been weaving "old stuff that never worked on mobile before, but does now" into the monthly spoilers. ;)

Give us at least mobile beta

The update/game isn't even *in* beta stage yet. Totally get the desire and the pain of the long wait... but I suspect folks will find it worth the time, if this is what we all get in the end.

I guess for me it's a matter of professional pride. If I'm not happy with the state of something I have coded, why would I want to release it knowing everyone else is going to be unhappy with it?

Indeed. This is such common sense, but it is a notion that is so often ignored.

Ive had the game since around when it first came out on mobile. I know that its been atleast 3 years, almost 4. The reason switch is coming before mobile is because mobile players will just update, not buy a new game. Switch players have to buy it.

Its never been confirmed more than 6 months anywhere and i dont even think it will be that long, considering how far it is and has gotten in the time we've waited.
A beta isnt a very good idea, and should really only be used for finding glitches and other stuff to fix.

Let's hope that they'd release the mobile terraria later this march or in early april. :> ❤
I seriously doubt that generating more sales is the main driving force behind releasing on Switch first. More likely the Switch version is just simpler to port compared to mobile. ReLogic has been releasing completely free updates to Terraria for 8 years now without a single DLC purchase or microtransaction in sight. If there was any company I am confident is not driven by rampant greed it's ReLogic.

As far as mobile 1.3 coming in the next few months, Loki just stated that it's not even in a beta state yet. I think 6 months is a minimum estimate with that information. Still, I have no better insight than you do really.

So, random question, but wasn't really sure where to ask, but I figured here was good enough, sorry if it's not allowed, but I'll be quick:

Do the stats (hours played, resources gathered, bosses defeated) transfer over from one system to another? Like if I had transferred my stuff from the 360 over to the Xbox 1, would all of that stat info transfer with it?

I'm mostly asking because I have someone who INSISTS their data has carried over, yet my friend just got an xbone and their data, nor did mine, did not transfer over. Their character and world transferred just fine, but not their "stats".

Can anyone clear this up for me?
Sorry if this was the wrong platform to ask this. Thanks in advance.

The more wiring system for console would be very helpful and I'm really excited to see it in action once its released.
Keep up the amazing work, your hard work deserves praise :dryadgrin:

Where did I say that you cannot tap the screen? All I said was that the buttons are very effective and usable for those that are concerned with such. Don't over-read into things. ;)

I mean, before we had the left stick for movement a right stick for a variety of things, but mostly actions... and then some touch interacts.

I am going to guess that each player will find their own style with how things are in regards to controls - its far more flexible than before, in my opinion at least. :)

Interesting notion, not sure that is really feasible, but interesting.

Don't know - I do not think that DR has fully fleshed out MP yet. Would just say stay tuned I suppose.

Or like signs that don't work.... or dressers that do nothing.... and no info accessories? Hopefully, everyone has noticed that the DR team has been weaving "old stuff that never worked on mobile before, but does now" into the monthly spoilers. ;)

The update/game isn't even *in* beta stage yet. Totally get the desire and the pain of the long wait... but I suspect folks will find it worth the time, if this is what we all get in the end.

Indeed. This is such common sense, but it is a notion that is so often ignored.
Hey I found a bug in Terraria mobile where you can pass through wood blocks.
I have a video I'd like you to look at to see the bug.

Last edited:
Hey I found a bug in Terraria mobile where you can pass through wood blocks.
I have a video I'd like you to look at to see the bug.
I believe the bug you experienced is just a simple matter of accidental hoiking or something similar, I had one once.

Hey I found a bug in Terraria mobile

The game is being re-coded. This will be fixed along with all other bugs. Its not a very insane bug as you need to have a specific setup for it to work.

More or less this. New mobile (1.3) is a wholly separate codebase... it will not have the same bugs as before (though I'm sure it will have some of its own because nothing is perfectly bug free ever at first).

Will 1.3.1 fix the crawltipede and basilisk banners, or the five unobtainable paintings in the dungeon?

Will 1.3.1 fix the crawltipede and basilisk banners

Crawltipede counts/banners were a bug that existed in PC 1.3.0.7, fixed in 1.3.1 - so I hope so? Would have to defer to PW to confirm that.

Not sure about Basilisk.

five unobtainable paintings in the dungeon

I know that 1.3.5 fixed the rarity/spawn rate of a handful of paintings... so I doubt it would automatically be addressed here, unless PW made a special case to do so (again, would have to defer to them).

Crawltipede counts/banners were a bug that existed in PC 1.3.0.7, fixed in 1.3.1 - so I hope so? Would have to defer to PW to confirm that.

Not sure about Basilisk.

I know that 1.3.5 fixed the rarity/spawn rate of a handful of paintings... so I doubt it would automatically be addressed here, unless PW made a special case to do so (again, would have to defer to them).

Crud about the paintings... Won't be getting them for another several years then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom