Terraria State of the Game - March 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You speak about IOS not having L3 and R3 capabilities. But I have played fortnite on my iPad and the L3 and R3 buttons work on that. Maybe epic games did some computer magic to make it work but idk it’s not impossible for the buttons to work on IOS. I use a regular DualShock 4 controller

Pretty cool that 1.3.5 is coming to the switch, but it doesn’t really matter to those who got Terraria specifically for split-screen.

yo. I know this is a long shot. But I would really like for a certain pet to come back in 1.4.

The Suspicious Looking Apple was my favorite pet on mobile before it was removed in the 1.3 update. It now only exists on the 3DS, and I want to save this precious worm who deserves life. Thank you for reading. Please consider this request.

What people don't understand about mods is the fact that its not black and white.

Skyrim SE has mods on PS4.
Farming Simulator 19 has mods on PS4.

What you don't realize is that it's only unscripted mods.

So in essence all the best Skyrim mods ate still on PC.

Those mods in Farm Simulator are things like tractors and equipment. But not stuff that relies on scripting. Likely because thus could be used for exploits in the PS system to install custom firmware.

There is also a 4gb hard limit, though I don't think it would apply here.

So any mods for Terraria would first require something like Modhub to host. And it would likely be strictly limited to equipment and craftable items.

And there lies a big problem. Having crafting recipes that are unique to the mod so there is no interference or screwups.

There would need to be an in-game menu to browse all mods on the site and the ability to download them.

And still the best mods usually require some form of scripting. Whether it's for world generation or item effects.

Likely there would be a mod limit due to having to load it all in. Which could be more intensive than on PC.

Pipeworks is doing amazing! They released Switch last year and now its at almost at 1.3.5! About a year ago Console was still at 1.3 and now its at 1.3.5

Are they really doing amazing though? Almost a year without splitscreen. My own woes aside, have you searched "switch" topics? Their last update caused a ton of glitches and performance issues, didn't it? I hope when the next update comes it is smoother. I'm glad you are having a good experience, I mean that sincerely. It pains me, though, to see them receive praise that I strongly feel they don't deserve.

Are they really doing amazing though? Almost a year without splitscreen. My own woes aside, have you searched "switch" topics? Their last update caused a ton of glitches and performance issues, didn't it? I hope when the next update comes it is smoother. I'm glad you are having a good experience, I mean that sincerely. It pains me, though, to see them receive praise that I strongly feel they don't deserve.
Okay, the Switch updates have been a little rushed and it needsp splitscreen that actually works, but they are running 3 consoles

I hope that the most annoying bugs on consoles (eg. split screen sound, multiple npcs) are fixed. Fingers crossed.

Console and mobile platforms forbid modding due to the companies that own the platforms. There is no choice but to follow the policies of companies such as Sony, Microsoft and Apple. It is out of anyone's control. Modding is only allowed on PC because Re Logic has full control of the platform on PC and they want to permit it on PC. If the policies of the other console/mobile companies were different it would be one thing and mods on other platforms could be considered. Right now however, we must also uphold the policies that console and mobile manufacturers implement.

That's not true, if it was how did fallout and skyrim get mods for consoles?

That's not true, if it was how did fallout and skyrim get mods for consoles?
This has been answered here:
What people don't understand about mods is the fact that its not black and white.

Skyrim SE has mods on PS4.
Farming Simulator 19 has mods on PS4.

What you don't realize is that it's only unscripted mods.

So in essence all the best Skyrim mods ate still on PC.

Those mods in Farm Simulator are things like tractors and equipment. But not stuff that relies on scripting. Likely because thus could be used for exploits in the PS system to install custom firmware.

There is also a 4gb hard limit, though I don't think it would apply here.

So any mods for Terraria would first require something like Modhub to host. And it would likely be strictly limited to equipment and craftable items.

And there lies a big problem. Having crafting recipes that are unique to the mod so there is no interference or screwups.

There would need to be an in-game menu to browse all mods on the site and the ability to download them.

And still the best mods usually require some form of scripting. Whether it's for world generation or item effects.

Likely there would be a mod limit due to having to load it all in. Which could be more intensive than on PC.
This means that the kids that people would want to play (Calamity, Thorium, etc.) wouldn't be possible on consoles (I think, I've never played mods).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom