Terraria State of the Game - March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at ~0:19 - 0:20 in the DR video, you will notice that Autopause is a setting... inclusive of being isolated to settings or being in place for menus, etc. Though, to be clear, if you have autopause on in inventory, etc. it will make building... and really anything else.... while inventory is open impossible. ;)

i always use autopause in the current version.

why would i fight or build with the inventory open? do people actually do that? wouldn't the UI block your view?

i figured that's what the hotbar was for... i just put everything i am currently using in the hotbar and just switch to what i need.

also, if i need to use potions, i just press a single button which i have set to use all my buffs at once, or to heal.

why would i fight or build with the inventory open? do people actually do that? wouldn't the UI block your view?

i figured that's what the hotbar was for... i just put everything i am currently using in the hotbar and just switch to what i need.

also, if i need to use potions, i just press a single button which i have set to use all my buffs at once, or to heal.
Most people use no autopause because wel they are used to it and they can build from the inventory and use potions(and the magic mirror and recall without being in hot at) but I would say on pc and mobile having autopause off is way easier to go with then console because of the whole controller thing...

I build with autopause off because it means I can use more items than what can fit in my hotbar, including multiple types of blocks or furniture, multiple tools, etc, and is a lot quicker than moving things into the hotbar. I also keep it off while crafting or using chests so I can switch through them easier. I do keep it on in combat in case I need to pause though.

Yep, some folks do - and in this system, there is a way to make the inventory fade/swap between the "world" and the "inventory" so that you can do whatever with it open or closed. Only real impact is its harder on performance. Again, its all about choices and letting people play their way. :)

As others have said in response, its an appreciated thing by builders.

wish console updates didn't take so insanely long. idk why it takes over a year to release the new content

It has not even been a year since Journey's End released on PC. DR started full-on console development in November. I don't consider 5 months (so far), inclusive of the Holidays, to be "insanely long", but YMMV. :)

Yep, some folks do - and in this system, there is a way to make the inventory fade/swap between the "world" and the "inventory" so that you can do whatever with it open or closed. Only real impact is its harder on performance. Again, its all about choices and letting people play their way. :)

As others have said in response, its an appreciated thing by builders.
Yes it is appreciated by builders I have pods of things in my inventory, I just really want a toggle in game to if I want the inventory to move up or not on mobile just so I can reach farther down... and also because my case is also horrible horizontals by that I can’t swipe up well but swiping down is no problem lol

Just a personal take, I've always been prone to building with the inventory open (though not fighting). Just feels more flexible to me. Its also why I virtually never use auto-pause, because it interferes. Not to say your stance is any less valid, but that's definitely a thing people do. The UI never felt like a significant impact to me.

Our art team remains fully-engaged in their learning activities... the focus of late being animations! Wanted to share a fun Dragoon and Monk courtesy of @Lazure and @Jimmarn! Again, these are not to be taken as "GAME ART!!!" or even a sign of anything we might be working on down the line. This is just our team building their skillsets.

index.php
index.php

index.php
Oh my!! 👀👀🥤

Thank you for doing something about the UI. I stopped playing Terraria because the 360 style UI was removed from the game. (Even tho that style was better for console)

So hopefully with this update it will make the game fun to play again

Can't wait for 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 to come for mobile along with control customizations and new water!

Also still waiting for bunny pet from pc special edition to come to mobile 😭 I would even pay for it if it came as a separate special android edition in the store or as a inapp purchase for the normal app

Can't wait for 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 to come for mobile along with control customizations and new water!

Also still waiting for bunny pet from pc special edition to come to mobile 😭 I would even pay for it if it came as a separate special android edition in the store or as a inapp purchase for the normal app
If only there was a “collector’s” edition for mobile and console..
I mean I can’t wait for that ui customization because in hardcore you always need your inventory open, and I like having it as close as pc as possible like everything but the crafting/duplication and chests and inventory to the right side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom