Terraria State of the Game - March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear Console is finally getting somewhere, however I don't understand why the dev team doesn't make the UI isn't exactly like PC and be done with it. It's clean, easy to navigate and is already close to 1.3.5 console. Saying it'd be too different doesn't make much sense either as the UI has been drastically changed before (like old gen consoles switching to Xbox 1 and PS4), or even mobile when 1.3 came out. The users would eventually adapt to the changes the way they always have. But putting this much time into a feature most people would ignore seems like a waste of time especially considering how close console is to already finishing. I obviously trust the teams judgement but it's weird to see this taking up so much time compared to other times. Still though, all the best and I hope we get to see console shine <3
Well having the ui customized is a big changer you can change it to how you feel, also with mobile 1.4 releasing and it was quicker than consoles in a sense of ui because wel mobile 1.3 had the ui, and pipeworks had made that ui, and DR is the ones handed over, although the pc UI is nice, it does look weird from time to time, and I actually do like how it looks a bit more but not much with crafting still though..

And not to mention if your on pc and need new content there are always mods and there are new mods being made I mean I’m in one just as an idea person though..
But really this community is so amazing I think that it won’t end because well I bet ya most people from terraria will go to relogic’s new game if they make one, so I really feel that this community will almost last forever(keep in mind I said almost because some things do come to an end)
I have my doubts about their second game being quite as much of a hit. It'll probably be good, but I doubt it'll be the same level of popularity as Terraria is.

While that may be true, think of it like this, what are you thoughts on the crafting system for old gen Terraria? I personally cannot stand it looking back, and I actually hated 1.3's UI when it first came out but I got used to it. People would think the same thing if PC's UI came to console. But considering how old this game is, people will eventually get used to it, they have all the time in the world.

I have my doubts about their second game being quite as much of a hit. It'll probably be good, but I doubt it'll be the same level of popularity as Terraria is.
Yeah I think i forgot to say that it might go over, but hey who knows maybe it’ll be better or just as good, but really I think there would be people returning to terraria

While that may be true, think of it like this, what are you thoughts on the crafting system for old gen Terraria? I personally cannot stand it looking back, and I actually hated 1.3's UI when it first came out but I got used to it. People would think the same thing if PC's UI came to console. But considering how old this game is, people will eventually get used to it, they have all the time in the world.

I'm not fussed for crafting interfaces that are category based. At first they can be ok, but as new and varied content they become muddled. Minecraft suffers from this a lot on console - I find it horrendous and stick to classic crafting.

1.3 did away with that, but I don't think it's a great deal better. It's cramped, and it can be hard to tell what you need and which crafting station is required as item information covers it up.

1.4 on mobile works well for me, so I'm hoping console will be similar. It has plenty of space and is well laid out.

Glad to hear Console is finally getting somewhere, however I don't understand why the dev team doesn't make the UI isn't exactly like PC and be done with it. It's clean, easy to navigate and is already close to 1.3.5 console. Saying it'd be too different doesn't make much sense either as the UI has been drastically changed before (like old gen consoles switching to Xbox 1 and PS4), or even mobile when 1.3 came out. The users would eventually adapt to the changes the way they always have. But putting this much time into a feature most people would ignore seems like a waste of time especially considering how close console is to already finishing. I obviously trust the teams judgement but it's weird to see this taking up so much time compared to other times. Still though, all the best and I hope we get to see console shine <3

speaking for myself, the clips they showed of the upcoming console ui stuff make me really really really want it on pc

configurability is good. accessibility needs vary.

i still find it strange that the console UI isnt as similar to the UI of the PC version as it is currently

I do agree. I hope there is a better crafting ui especially. They could make it similar to the Engine Software one/Minecraft console crafting system

idk what is 1.4 and whats just pc only ;w; dont judge me ;w;
The only things that are PC only are probably going to be tmodloader, resource pack support, and the Rainbow Cursor item that the Empress of Light drops.

how many items are added by the way ;w;
More than I can count, but they added a lot to almost every point of the game and modified existing ones to either be more unique or more balanced (for example, the Magic Missile and it's later upgrades, the Flamelash and Rainbow Rod, are basically entirely new weapons)

...why wouldn't they? It's a part of 1.4 just like everything else added.
To be fair, not everything is in the 1.4 update, as some of it is in the 1.4.1 update. I spent nearly an hour killing Flinxes on mobile before I thought to check the wiki, wondering why I hadn't gotten any fur. It's easy to lose track of versions and their specific content, especially as there are currently a few versions on various platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom