Terraria State of the Game - March 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah shucks! And I thought the stack size thing would never happen. :D

Glad I don't have to add it into my mod, at least. Very excited to see the changes! Part of me will miss the old stack sizes. :)

Soooo, this means I won't have to have an entire storage room full of dirt and stone anymore, because I refuse to trash anything. I can hopefully fit all this excess in one or two chests...... Gonna have to redeisgn my standard housing project again in that case.... as well as my chests for consumables, and likely other items as well. Ugh, my housing schemes have been ruined thanks to you devs! 3/10 update planned! ....... (OK, being able to make spelunking runs without having to empty my inventory of dirt/stone 17 times is kinda nice, 9.5/10)

Glad to hear that TModloader is finally on it's way out of alpha. 2 years is a really long time to be stuck in alpha, but that kind of time is sometimes necessary - especially when the team isn't even being paid to do so (I don't think they are). I might finally be able to start exploring some of the mods soon, then. I was never interested in backpedaling from journey's end to not journey's end, so I really haven't even given TModLoader a passing glance yet. Will certainly be interested in seeing what there is to offer when it's ready.

A hefty stack limit increase is nice, but what we really need is increased trash slots, with items being able to stack automatically into the trash when picked up if you had put some of them in manually already. Maybe putting in a trash slot manually would act as a filter, and even unstackable items would move into that trash slot automatically?
There's so many different kinds of items that even with stacks going so high, the long trips I might still fill up. Some items don't stack, which can be annoying if you don't want to bother keeping them to sell because there's too many.
I'm tired of hoovering up all that dirt, stone and random drops underground that I'll never use; they clog up slots for things you actually want to pick up but can't find since you have to sift through piles of items on the ground until the one you want goes into your inventory.
The biggest issue I have with the game right now, and probably always.
Please consider something like that so we don't have to work so hard with full inventories. It would be really convenient and awesome.

Last edited:
I'm looking more at dirt, stone, etc blocks. I usually end up with 2-3 chests full of the stuff, because I always end up storing them because you never know when you're gonna wanna remake a whole section of the world or something crazy. That's gonna be nice.

And potions stacking higher than 30? Bombs? frick yes. Bring it on. I hate filling up on stupid junk like that while I'm exploring, especially in the Jungle, Dungeon or Underworld where healing potions are thrown at you constantly and you have to keep dropping them because you've already got a stack of 30 on you.
Yeah only needing 1 chest for blocks like stone or dirt will be really nice.

Omg the stack sizes yessss.
Hopefully the jungle corrupting in a more reversible way is also added for QoL soon. No more mud changing to dirt when corrupted and then clentaminated, and such.

6320 tons?

There's 30 slots in inventory, 9999 each so that's 299,970 gold bars. Looking it up on wiki, a gold bar is ~440oz or 27.5lb.

27.5 x 299970 = 4124 tons

30?

what are you playing on?

there are four rows of 10 slots, that's 40... that is mentioned on the wiki, as well.

if you include the hotbar... that's 50 slots.

then of course, there is the trash slot, which can be used as a temporary storage slot.

Edit: late with my response, but oh well.

Last edited:
6320 tons?

There's 30 slots in inventory, 9999 each so that's 299,970 gold bars. Looking it up on wiki, a gold bar is ~440oz or 27.5lb.

27.5 x 299970 = 4124 tons
When you place a gold Ingot 3 appear on the ground. It's kind of pointless to measure in gold anyway though since Platinum is heavier.

I wouldn't mind a small QOL life change for those who play mediumcore multiplayer. Just make it so that dropped items cannot despawn from the item limit if they are dropped by players on death. I can already count several times where it took a few backup sets of gear to return to the original spot I died in, only to find that 90% of the items had despawned.

Well, that's unnaceptable. I accepted the ghost nerf, but this is on another level. Congratulations to destroyed the grace of exploration of this game, i will drop this game forever, that's all folks :)

Well, that's unnaceptable. I accepted the ghost nerf, but this is on another level. Congratulations to destroyed the grace of exploration of this game, i will drop this game forever, that's all folks :)
What the nani are you on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom