Terraria State of the Game - May 2019

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jutty

Jutty Terrarian

Pretty awesome indeed

Quackinton likes this.
  2. CobaltChono

CobaltChono Terrarian

1.3 Mobile looks so aesthetically pleasing... amazing!

Quackinton and RApoZa like this.
  3. Owen1383

Owen1383 Steampunker

Will 1.3 will change the current icon app or it will still be the same

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  4. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

It will change.

5. Quinn Beck

Quinn Beck Terrarian

I
    I know right!

6. Xiarno

Xiarno Official Terrarian

I will, sadly, be at school when the PC Gaming Show will live. In an exam none the less. Still hope for the best update possible !
    And for me and my friend, I guess it is now time to start giving up on playing Terraria on switch at school this (school) year :/

Amazing state of the game nonetheless ! Hope to see more in the near future !

Quackinton and Spooderman79 like this.
  7. ASG_102

ASG_102 The Destroyer

I for one am glad to see all the Mobile content go, they are really out of place and are really unbalanced. I don't really watch E3, but I will definitely see what Re Logic has in store :dryadsmile:

IndigoRage likes this.
  8. IndigoRage

IndigoRage Terrarian

This is an acceptable explanation, thank you. I guess I kind of just got too excited and tied that into the way Cenx strongly worded her statement about selling the company's soul, or Redigit's comments in the discord rather than what was actually said in the post. I apologize.

I never said there was anything entitled and childish about it. The steamheads thing was about unpredicatable rabid fanboyism. I will admit that I said what I said way too harshly and I'm sorry about wording things that way.

I will say that it seems weird that the whole thing would be about Epic's scummy business tactics though, since the whole thing is in defense of Valve, which is also a scummy money-grubbing company with no soul. One with market hegemony at that.

I'll drop it there since continuing down that road will make it really difficult for us to stay at least somewhat civil.

Dragrath and Nicol Bolas like this.
  9. NotTimTam

NotTimTam Spazmatism

The fact that they haven't already made Terraria Mobile work on ChromeOS is ticking me off. It runs Android apps, better than most android devices now that it has the google play store fully built in. I don't even care if it doesn't have keyboard/mouse support, most google play compatible Chromebooks have a touch screen.

Alright, I have ranted... Hopefully, a dev will notice this.

10. Personally the whole thing for me is exclusives, consoles are already a lost cause regarding this and a lot of people simply don't want it to spread to pcs. it completely kills competition because why bother improving the service if you are legally not allowed to compete, be a better platform or better pricing, that's all irrelevant now because you can just buy exclusives and people won't have a choice to purchase through your store and your store alone. doesn't matter epic's launcher has 1/10 of the features (a lot of them deal breaking like reviews and achievements) if the game you want to buy can only be purchased there.

i'm not a fanboy of valve (i think they do :red: up from time to time) and i would change service if another one came with better deals and a bigger variety of useful features all the while improving the existing ones. heck i would have been supporting epic if they only have the better dev deal and all the steam features, but as it stands i fear the pc market will just became a battle of exclusives, with no improvements to the actual service being made.

anyways. that's just my opinion, hopefully i wasn't too aggressive or anything.

11. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

I think they all should be removed, or (some) kept and brought to PC and others.
    It changed every update when it still was getting updates, wouldnt doubt it will change now.

I dont think it was unbalanced, but removing heart arrows was the best choice one could make. I didnt even know about them and i beat the whole game, getting all the best stuff too. No one will ever beat duke fishron if they are so used to cheating with those arrows.

Dragrath likes this.
  12. xXNightSinisterXx

xXNightSinisterXx Steampunker

Indeed very happy for these new updates and very happy that all of you are determined to get these builds done.

13. CRazyFAce

CRazyFAce Terrarian

Will mobile 1.3 come out at the same time for amazon?

RApoZa likes this.
  14. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

I doubt Re-Logic would agree with your depiction of Valve considering Steam and its support have played a pivotal role in Terraria's success.

15. IndigoRage

IndigoRage Terrarian

I don't really use most Steam features, and Steam reviews are... bad atm, so I can't really relate in that regard. Aside from achievements I guess, but they really just do the bare minimum, unlike uPlay where the achievements actually do something. I'm fine with Steam in general though.

If exclusives are the problem though, think how many game store and launcher platforms there are. GoG, uPlay, Origin, Battlenet, Paradox has even started work on a launcher, and Epic of course, Discord too. Now, look at all of those launchers, and think of how many games are de-facto Steam exclusives.

I'd prefer if there were one launcher for anything, but as it is, exclusives and a new "console wars" are just what's bound to happen due to the nature of competition in markets like this. It's annoying imo, and it's gonna suck, but when I look at this all I see is console wars 2, except this time you don't have to actually buy the consoles. Just saying I have no reason to side with steam over anyone else is all.

Hope that helps you kind of understand where I'm coming from.

Nicol Bolas likes this.
  16. Terrablade232

Terrablade232 Terrarian

Mobile is love, mobile is life.

17. WolfKing

WolfKing Terrarian

Sweet now i have a reason to go to E3 !

18. Gaming with Nouel

Gaming with Nouel Terrarian

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I'M REALLY HYPED TO PLAY TERRARIA ON MOBILE NOW!!
    Thanks for doing your best Re-logic and DR Studios to make the game better!!

Quackinton and Owen1383 like this.
  19. TheWith3r129

TheWith3r129 Terrarian

The discord link won’t work. It says invalid or out of date. I’m also perm banned, for no known reason. The mods are a bit jumpy, and multiple times I got muted with no warning. I didn’t even get a message as to what the perm ban was about. I should at least get a warning or be told what I did wrong, rather than instant mute. I figure I deserved about 3-4 of the maybe 15 mutes. Also, this has nothing to do with why the link won’t work, as I tried a different account and it still didn’t work. If someone could reach out to one of the admins for me that would be great.

20. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I will PM you some information. Whatever happens on Discord is out of the hands of the staff here, so please don't bring it up again here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.