Terraria State of the Game - May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should send this issue to the bug & glitch form (Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form) and let them know, this all needs to be resolved before the next update. I am going to be doing captures and editing a video of all the current glitches I'm running into. I just want to play Terraria, all these glitches are not helping. Makes me miss the 360 version.
I got a video of the glitch although i think i started it after it glitched.
Edit: The video was started about 8 seconds before so that will help. Although i put “unsure” in the bug form as the operating system number as it only showed how on ios/android. Everything else was right.

EDIT: Well i just realized that i remember both times it happened i had disconnected a second controller. That, the yoyo, lock on, and a digger spawning. Those are all the things that happened both times.

Last edited:
Don't know if I read this wrong, but does this mean that legacy items will be kept on Console and not Mobile? That just seems unfair, and to be blunt, stupid. If you remove them from Mobile could you at least be considerate enough to remove them from Console as well please?

Don't know if I read this wrong, but does this mean that legacy items will be kept on Console and not Mobile? That just seems unfair, and to be blunt, stupid. If you remove them from Mobile could you at least be considerate enough to remove them from Console as well please?

They have confirmed through this post that they will indeed remove the legacy items in Mobile, and that this decision will definitely come with some kind of dissatisfaction. So in all terms, you have read the post correctly. I, myself believe that this removal will be for the better good, since both incoming and future content will soon make its big debut, which is kind of like a bittersweet end to what made Mobile unique in the early days.~:(

I wish you didnt have to use weapons and tools to have powers. Like using magic from yourself instead of a magic weapon. Somewhat like passive abilities similiar to the rod of discord that doesnt do damage.

I think they never should have been kept on either version, although giving something small (anything other than 5 gold) for having our stuff removed.

I keep getting serious multiplayer bugs. First it would freeze temporarily after using Waterbolt in split-screen, next it would freeze when using a yoyo and lock on after disconnecting a second controller, and the screen size isnt working after changing my tv settings, along with completely crashing my xbox upon attempting to join on a second controller (It actually shut off, i had to turn it back on and play again)

Last edited:
The moon lord

tEQ09L4.png

The framerate is atrocious. I believe it's the biggest issue for Xbox right now. I'm not sure if there's "too much" going on when it loads up a world, but lately when I pick my main base, the game will freeze right before loading, when the screen says "Drawing Map 99%". The only solution I've found for now is to load 2 less "busy" worlds first, then go to my desired world. Even when it does load, it struggles to, skipping frames as it loads.
Lots of skipping frames. A lot.

And the new cursor has a mind of it's own, I am NOT a fan of it. I have to fight with it just to check a chest right next to me, it'll go anywhere but where I want it to.

I've already addressed these issues in a bug report, but haven't heard anything back, no questions, no additional details, nothing. So I'm not sure if they even got my initial reports. Either way, the game has become unplayable for me, I really don't want to jump from world to world just to load one world up.
Yeah for a while now Xbox One has been doing this weird thing where it will draw the map twice and the second time it takes a while. Dunno if this happens to anyone else but it's annoying and would like it fixed

Yeah for a while now Xbox One has been doing this weird thing where it will draw the map twice and the second time it takes a while. Dunno if this happens to anyone else but it's annoying and would like it fixed

This has been an issue for me for a while, the first "drawing map" will breeze through, but when it does it again right after, it slows down at 12%, and it will crawl slowly to about 54-55% and (attempt) to load. I say attempt because on my game recently, it will freeze at 99% and softcrash. At times, if I load a less "busy" world, it'll load no problem minus the choppy framerate. On my main world and other "busy" worlds, it will not load UNLESS I go to 2 other worlds that successfully load, THEN I can usually go to my main world. I'm not sure if it freezes and crashes because of the framerate or whatnot, someone told me to unplug and replug the HDMI cable, but nothing happened. If they need more info I'd be glad to help, but haven't heard anything yet.

This has been an issue for me for a while, the first "drawing map" will breeze through, but when it does it again right after, it slows down at 12%, and it will crawl slowly to about 54-55% and (attempt) to load. I say attempt because on my game recently, it will freeze at 99% and softcrash. At times, if I load a less "busy" world, it'll load no problem minus the choppy framerate. On my main world and other "busy" worlds, it will not load UNLESS I go to 2 other worlds that successfully load, THEN I can usually go to my main world. I'm not sure if it freezes and crashes because of the framerate or whatnot, someone told me to unplug and replug the HDMI cable, but nothing happened. If they need more info I'd be glad to help, but haven't heard anything yet.
Try unpluging the cord from both ends, because after i did that i never froze from waterbolt, although i should note that i got other problems i never got before that, such as a freeze when using a yoyo and lock on after disconnecting a second controller from split-screen, and once my xbox completely crashed and turned off after attempting to join another player.

Try unpluging the cord from both ends, because after i did that i never froze from waterbolt, although i should note that i got other problems i never got before that, such as a freeze when using a yoyo and lock on after disconnecting a second controller from split-screen, and once my xbox completely crashed and turned off after attempting to join another player.
yeah ive had a lot of stupid bugs with xbox one, a lot of which are splitscreen related

I want to get the xbox one achievements but im not sure if they are possible, because all the exclusive items were removed in 1.3 including pets, armor, and other, most of which are achievements (Pet hoarder, shining armor, and crafty). If its possible you should replace the old achievements with the new 1.3 achievements.

Once again (I SWEAR THIS IS THE 5TH BUG I FOUND) all the informational accessories dont share in multiplayer splitscreen on xbox one.

Once again (I SWEAR THIS IS THE 5TH BUG I FOUND) all the informational accessories dont share in multiplayer splitscreen on xbox one.
You have to be on the same team and close by. I've had it work before.
[doublepost=1559738191,1559738073][/doublepost]
I want to get the xbox one achievements but im not sure if they are possible, because all the exclusive items were removed in 1.3 including pets, armor, and other, most of which are achievements (Pet hoarder, shining armor, and crafty). If its possible you should replace the old achievements with the new 1.3 achievements.
They should still be achievable. They only removed some items, and there are still non-exclusive armors, pet summons, etc.

You have to be on the same team and close by. I've had it work before.
[doublepost=1559738191,1559738073][/doublepost]
They should still be achievable. They only removed some items, and there are still non-exclusive armors, pet summons, etc.
Ive put us on the same team and we are about 4 blocks away, nothing happened exept that annoying “your __ feet away from _____” that blocks your screen.

The achievements might not be possible because the achievements require ALL pets or all armor, not just some, since many were removed i dont think its possible anymore.

Ive put us on the same team and we are about 4 blocks away, nothing happened exept that annoying “your __ feet away from _____” that blocks your screen.

The achievements might not be possible because the achievements require ALL pets or all armor, not just some, since many were removed i dont think its possible anymore.
Regarding the achievements - the trophies for X1 and PS4 are all unlockable. They do not require content that was taken out of the game. They also do not require any new 1.3 content that was added to the game.

Well I have no clue what the issue with the info accessories is then. It should be working, but maybe it's broken in the current version. I hope they get a patch out soon, 'cus there's a lot of obnoxious bugs that still need to be squashed.
As for the achievements, as Unit One said you just need to collect all the pets and armors and whatnot that are in the game, as the removed ones obviously wouldn't count.
[doublepost=1559768201,1559768113][/doublepost]
The moon lord

tEQ09L4.png
He's like, "Holy hecc he already got my hand-eyes out?!? OH FRICC!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom