Terraria State of the Game - May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to think that the mobile version will get 1.3 as its last update, or not get 1.3 at all.
I think you is wrong
So many people play games on mobile devices, like iPhones and iPads and whatnot. It would be a really bad idea to drop mobile Terraria.

I think you is wrong
So many people play games on mobile devices, like iPhones and iPads and whatnot. It would be a really bad idea to drop mobile Terraria.
Mobile updates probably will continue, as Cenx herself has said that mobile has become her second favorite way to experience Terraria.
On the other hand, mobile gaming isn't all that good, so I'm not sure if that fact will make a difference.

Im kind of confused as to why they would leave some exclusives in console as legacy items and stuff, but remove it all for mobile. Also, when mobile updates to 1.3, will a placed Ocram trophy in a world “break” the world/make it not playable anymore?

Im kind of confused as to why they would leave some exclusives in console as legacy items and stuff, but remove it all for mobile. Also, when mobile updates to 1.3, will a placed Ocram trophy in a world “break” the world/make it not playable anymore?
The Ocram trophy wouldn't just be unobtainable. It's data would be eradicated entirely, so that would be impossible.

I’m starting to think that the mobile version will get 1.3 as its last update, or not get 1.3 at all.
That would be stupid, and would never happen due to device requirements like the old consoles, as mobile devices get more stuff, better processors and ram.
Mobile updates probably will continue, as Cenx herself has said that mobile has become her second favorite way to experience Terraria.
On the other hand, mobile gaming isn't all that good, so I'm not sure if that fact will make a difference.
I dont know why people always hate on mobile, not saying that you are but it seems like no one likes it. I think its better, but others make it worse, as developers delay updates, usually getting pc and console first, and most dont even make a mobile version.
It would probably be removed from the world, or replaced with something else.

I know that you are wrong. ;)

There are very good reasons for this - some of which will take some time to coalesce. Trust in the plan is all I can say for now. :)

I suppose they would just poof out of existence.

I dont know why people always hate on mobile, not saying that you are but it seems like no one likes it. I think its better, but others make it worse, as developers delay updates, usually getting pc and console first, and most dont even make a mobile version.

I will not lie, I could never really stomach the current mobile version... just could not get into it at all. I feel completely, 180-degrees different about the new 1.3 version, as evidenced by my 130h+ of just normal gameplay already.

That moment when you're waiting so long and just playing Terraria on the Wii U out of desperation xD

Uhh.. Does the mobile update has the same GUI from the PC cause im a bit confused by the snapshot of the game. I mean its just so fascinating that it actually is going to be released in the next year or two. ICANTWAIT!!!!!:naughty::naughty::naughty::redspin:

Last edited:
Uhh.. Does the mobile update has the same GUI from the PC cause im a bit confused by the snapshot of the game. I mean its just so fascinating that it actually is going to be released in the next year or two. ICANTWAIT!!!!!:naughty::naughty::naughty::redspin:

From the looks of the snapshots. It seems like all movement and all hotkeys that are possible on PC will also be possible on Mobile. So you press a button to grapple or mount just like you would use for the hot key button on PC.

It's a very good thing considering before 1.3 there wasn't a grapple hook slot. From what I understand. Players have to manually use their hook in their hot bar to grapple on the current mobile version.

When will Terraria 1.3 Mobile be released? I understand that this is a frequently asked question, and the answers are something that I don’t like to "very soon".

From the looks of the snapshots. It seems like all movement and all hotkeys that are possible on PC will also be possible on Mobile. So you press a button to grapple or mount just like you would use for the hot key button on PC.

It's a very good thing considering before 1.3 there wasn't a grapple hook slot. From what I understand. Players have to manually use their hook in their hot bar to grapple on the current mobile version.
Yes, we do currently have to use the grappling hooks manually at the moment on mobile. :(

The app will have interactive icons ?
They change according to the theme of the event such as Christmas, Easter etc.....

So if I read mobile section the may state of the game correctly their removing the content from console out from mobile including the legacy items completely.
Sad that it's not going to be like console;(

Also i think in my option the wiki is wrong about exclusive items being legacy since it said about replacing exclusive weapons for a existing weapon in-game for 1.3 mobile

Last edited:
So if I read mobile section the may state of the game correctly their removing the content from console out from mobile including the legacy items completely.
Sad that it's not going to be like console;(

Also i think in my option the wiki is wrong about exclusive items being legacy since it said about replacing exclusive weapons for a existing weapon in-game for 1.3 mobile

The wiki can be inaccurate at times, since it has to be manually updated when new news comes out, ontop of the potential for mistakes naturally.

As it is, all mobile exclusive content will indeed be removed from Mobile and replaced with something of similar value. It is Console that has some items as Legacy items.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom