Terraria State of the Game - May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every PC update is months ahead of console. Now mobile is ahead of console.

They literally said the reason 1.3 for console took years was for a complete re design so all platforms could be updated simultaneously.

That has never happened and why they cannot halt progress on other devices so everyone can catch up boggles my mind.

Imagine a AAA developer like Rockstar dividing it's player base over content updates.

It's the whole reason I haven't had any excitement to play since 1.3. Every time I turn it on I can't help but think about all the features PC players have that I don't.

Hey guys, check out these new features! We sure are glad you got them. Now there are some other features we know you don't have yet but we'll get those to you as soon as we can. Chances are by the time you get those new features there will be more features you won't have again. Lol

i don't recall them even remotely hinting at "simultaneous" updates, let alone them literally outright saying that.

back when they talked about the console reset and 1.3, they said the gaps between updates would be smaller... and they HAVE been.

also, try to keep in mind we're in the middle of a pandemic and a TON of things are being delayed, cause companies are having to work remotely.

never. Won't happen wait another 100 years Pipeworks is taking their time and enjoying it.

as i said, we're in the middle of a pandemic... i highly doubt ANYONE is enjoying this.

maybe stop being so antagonistic toward the people who are continuing to work hard despite being in a tough position, and might i add, are still providing these updates for free.

i don't recall them even remotely hinting at "simultaneous" updates, let alone them literally outright saying that.

back when they talked about the console reset and 1.3, they said the gaps between updates would be smaller... and they HAVE been.

also, try to keep in mind we're in the middle of a pandemic and a TON of things are being delayed, cause companies are having to work remotely.

as i said, we're in the middle of a pandemic... i highly doubt ANYONE is enjoying this.

maybe stop being so antagonistic toward the people who are continuing to work hard despite being in a tough position, and might i add, are still providing these updates for free.
Tell me this, don't avoid it. Pipeworks has 3.25x as many people in their company as Re-Logic and about 1.72x as many people as DR studios with that it shouldn't be taking much longer to roll out an update for PS4/X-Box and Switch. DR having 44 individual human beings in their company and Pipeworks having 75. Syncing PS4 and X-Box versions shouldn't be too different and Switch is the only other different version.

Tell me this, don't avoid it. Pipeworks has 3.25x as many people in their company as Re-Logic and about 1.72x as many people as DR studios with that it shouldn't be taking much longer to roll out an update for PS4/X-Box and Switch. DR having 44 individual human beings in their company and Pipeworks having 75. Syncing PS4 and X-Box versions shouldn't be too different and Switch is the only other different version.

tell you what? you made a statement, you didn't ask a question.

but do you know what "working remotely" means? not all the companies are the same, either, they may have different schedules, and they may work at different speeds, pipeworks also may be working on multiple things, who's to say terraria is the ONLY thing they're working on?

tell me this... do you know EXACTLY what everyone at pipeworks is doing at all times, what their schedule is like, and exactly what their work entails?

look at their twitter, their description there even says "working on unannounced original games", and one of their tweets mentions them being stuck at home.

also, re-logic, as far as i can tell, eats, breathes, and sleeps terraria... pipeworks makes other stuff, as well, as i pointed out... they're not JUST a terraria-focused company, so of course they'll have more people, doesn't mean they're ALL working on terraria.

you seem convinced that they're intentionally making us wait and seem to think they're being malicious toward us... why is that?

i'm as desperate for 1.4 as anyone, i can't even bring myself to play terraria until we're all caught up, but you don't see me lashing out at pipeworks.

Every PC update is months ahead of console. Now mobile is ahead of console.

They literally said the reason 1.3 for console took years was for a complete re design so all platforms could be updated simultaneously.

Did they? I thought they said it was so that platforms could achieve pairity more quickly. If you recall, console had parity with PC for a time, which had never happened before.

Thus far, it seems that console is adapting content both faster than ever before and faster than PC gets new content. Console will eventually catch up. So the promise has been kept.

That has never happened and why they cannot halt progress on other devices so everyone can catch up boggles my mind.

... why should they? The people making the PC content are not the same people adapting the console content, who are not the same people adapting the mobile content.

It's the whole reason I haven't had any excitement to play since 1.3. Every time I turn it on I can't help but think about all the features PC players have that I don't.

If you have trouble playing good content because you know that someone else out there has better content... I'm sorry, but that's not really a problem with the developers.

tell you what? you made a statement, you didn't ask a question.

but do you know what "working remotely" means? not all the companies are the same, either, they may have different schedules, and they may work at different speeds, pipeworks also may be working on multiple things, who's to say terraria is the ONLY thing they're working on?

tell me this... do you know EXACTLY what everyone at pipeworks is doing at all times, what their schedule is like, and exactly what their work entails?

look at their twitter, their description there even says "working on unannounced original games", and one of their tweets mentions them being stuck at home.

also, re-logic, as far as i can tell, eats, breathes, and sleeps terraria... pipeworks makes other stuff, as well, as i pointed out... they're not JUST a terraria-focused company, so of course they'll have more people, doesn't mean they're ALL working on terraria.

you seem convinced that they're intentionally making us wait and seem to think they're being malicious toward us... why is that?

i'm as desperate for 1.4 as anyone, i can't even bring myself to play terraria until we're all caught up, but you don't see me lashing out at pipeworks.
Whats Pipeworks real excuse they're based in Oregon not Corona infested Washington or California? 4000 Cases in Oregon is nothing compared to Cali or Washington. If Pipeworks Studios can't manage the PS4 or X-Box One Editions of the game maybe those versions of the game could be handed over to another company who isn't in such a "tough" situation. I like what they did with the switch utilizing its touch screen capabilities but, X-Box and PlayStation feels really lack luster in features.

Whats Pipeworks real excuse they're based in Oregon not Corona infested Washington or California? 4000 Cases in Oregon is nothing compared to Cali or Washington. If Pipeworks Studios can't manage the PS4 or X-Box One Editions of the game maybe those versions of the game could be handed over to another company who isn't in such a "tough" situation. I like what they did with the switch utilizing its touch screen capabilities but, X-Box and PlayStation feels really lack luster in features.

so your way of thinking is... because they're not in a more highly-infected area, they shouldn't care about their safety?

have you ever thought that maybe the reason certain areas aren't as infected is BECAUSE more people are staying isolated in those areas?

i think this has gone on long enough, it's time to drop this, as it is going nowhere, and you're just unloading an unnecessary amount of spite on people who are doing everything they can to bring us free content.

at this point, what i want to say to you, and what i should say on here are two VERY different things, so i'm opting out of this argument.

it's pointless anyway, you're clearly intent on hating pipeworks for no reason, regardless of what there is to say.

Last edited:
Really hope 1.4 comes out in the next month,
If we could copy worlds and change difficulty/increase world difficulty that would be amazing <3

Doubt that would happen though D:

Just gonna note for other games we have jeff Kaplan and Michael chu (Boring)

But in terraria you have Cenx, Loki, Redigit,yoraiz0r etc.

Really hope 1.4 comes out in the next month,
If we could copy worlds and change difficulty/increase world difficulty that would be amazing <3

Doubt that would happen though D:

Just gonna note for other games we have jeff Kaplan and Michael chu (Boring)

But in terraria you have Cenx, Loki, Redigit,yoraiz0r etc.

well, from what i've seen regarding seeds... you CAN do that, sorta.

just use a world's seed and the game will generate that exact world, and you can set the difficulty however you want when starting it.

you'll have to use the same exact perimeters when creating the world of course, make sure you set it to the same size, world evil, etc... that the world's seed you're using is set to.

although, you'll be starting a new game on that world, the seed obviously won't copy anything you've done to the world, but you'll atleast be able to use the same world.

of course, that IS assuming we get the seed feature on console, which i don't see why we wouldn't, since that was shown as part of the update.

Last edited:
I thought you said 1.4 was the last update. Now your making 1.4.1

I am just joking please dont stop

well they have to release bug fixes... and there is still the fanmade vanity sets and localization.

after that's all taken care of, though... pretty sure terraria is done.

When is the update coming to console. ;(

there is no estimate, yet.

pipeworks is making sure 1.3.5 is as stable as possible first.

better to make sure everything is working as intended than rush a massive new update out and cause even more issues in the end.

Last edited:
well they have to release bug fixes... and there is still the fanmade vanity sets and localization.

after that's all taken care of, though... pretty sure terraria is done
The bug fixes go in the 4th number not the 3rd. They also could have made the vanity 1.4.0.3 instead of 1.4.1

if the fourth number is for bug fixes, why would actual content and the like be the fourth number instead of third?

Sometimes even in the 1.3.0.x versions, a few items have been added with those bug fix updates. An example being the Celestial Sigil.

I'm not sure at what point they would decide on 1.4.1 vs. continuing the 1.4.0.x updates.

Hey Re-Logic team, I just thought that I should say something about Master Mode. I am fine with just stat changes for Enemies and Bosses for Master Mode, but I and many other people think it would be nice to see at least some AI changes for bosses in Master Mode.
Here is a video from Leviathan for more information:

I completely understand if you don’t add Master Mode boss AI, but it would be nice to see the true Master Mode.

Sometimes even in the 1.3.0.x versions, a few items have been added with those bug fix updates. An example being the Celestial Sigil.

I'm not sure at what point they would decide on 1.4.1 vs. continuing the 1.4.0.x updates.

while it's a pipedream, it'd be nice if they saw my suggestion on a solution for restoring the jungle and decided to add that in...

but i suppose that's hoping against hope at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom