Terraria State of the Game - May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are forgetting that Pipeworks are developing the console editions for 3 companies (Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo) and that each update has to go through a harsher certification process before public release

DR studios are handling the mobile port and only have to submit to Apple and google, but it's still 1 platform - Mobile

Hence why 1.4 will seem "quicker" to release on mobile vs console

Chill guys, let em fix the console versions and optimize the performance more before 1.4 is worked on

Kinda sad to see no news for 1.4 on console, yes there is mobile but playing on it in the past has always been a huge pain along with the fact I've been playing on console for almost 6 years now and I refuse to finish the game on any other platform then what I started it on yes kind of dumb but it feels like the right thing to do Lets hope pipeworks can pump out 1.4 before 2021 and not have 1.3 repeat itself whelp back to farming for loot till then

just gonna add that I'm pleased the transparency bug has been fixed this plagued all of my worlds and made many builds look horrible

i know i've been the most negative one here, but i keep seeing people mention how pipeworks took awhile with 1.3... you guys do know they had to completely rebuild the game from scratch for that update, right?

Loved reading the lore of the 8th anniversary and I would love something like a Terraria book for the 10th anniversary, full of lore, artwork and ideas for building or crafting stuff.
Like a "handbook of the guide".. guide.
Also making the dev vanity canon and explaining why they are obtainable in the first place.
I would buy three of these!

a book filled with artwork and terraria history would be pretty cool... i love things like that.

Last edited:
Duck statues were introduced in 1.3.1
The duck statue glitch was patched in 1.4.0.1
DR is skipping from 1.3.0.7 to 1.4.0.3
But wow, getting at least the main menu running that fast?
Correction: 1.4.0.4 now

Last edited:
There is a new way to gain the opposite world evil without importing opposite seeds/blocks from another world. In Hardmode if your Dryad is in a graveyard biome, she will sell the opposite evil seeds.
But it doesn't look like that feature allows you to summon a Crimson Mimic in a Corruption biome or vice versa.

But it doesn't look like that feature allows you to summon a Crimson Mimic in a Corruption biome or vice versa.

Only way to get the other mimic in that case is to make an underground crimson in your corruption world and have them spawn naturally there.

This is actually insane that mobile is jumping from 1.3.0.7 to 1.4. Oh my goodness

Feel the same, just one question, will my device stop crashing? Cause I hate it when I have to re make ten minutes of progress, especially when I’m building something cool
Yeah, I can totally relate, mostly just on medium and large worlds

i know i've been the most negative one here, but i keep seeing people mention how pipeworks took awhile with 1.3... you guys do know they had to completely rebuild the game from scratch for that update, right?

This I do understand but 3 years is still an absurdly long time even for a code rework from scratch, though I unlikely 1.4 will take this long its still doubtful we may get it this year as we haven't even been given conformation that it will even come to console this year and not even a peep from pipeworks about it either Technically we have just hadn't checked post has been updated accordingly so one can only hope.

*Edit* just gonna add this hasn't been the last time updates to the mainline consoles has been delayed for extremely long periods so this is likely why most console users like us use the whole 3 year thing so heavily as it was the longest as I recall

*Edit again since I'd rather not make another post lol*
Here’s what Pipeworks has said recently.
Hadn't checked for a few days since I've been busy but nice to know they've atleast confirmed a release for console

Last edited:
This I do understand but 3 years is still an absurdly long time even for a code rework from scratch, though I unlikely 1.4 will take this long its still doubtful we may get it this year as we haven't even been given conformation that it will even come to console this year and not even a peep from pipeworks about it either so one can only hope.

*Edit* just gonna add this hasn't been the last time updates to the mainline consoles has been delayed for extremely long periods so this is likely why most console users like us use the whole 3 year thing so heavily as it was the longest as I recall
Here’s what Pipeworks has said recently.

Alright how did DR Studios already manage to skip from v1.3 to v1.4? That's just impressive! :dryadgrin:
Back when they were talking about new companies taking over producing mobile's update to 1.3 they stated how they were recoding the game to be as close to PC code as possible. Making each update and it's fixes faster and smoother as long as they already have a PC version. And since they are teams toward the same goal it's likely they started this leap before mobile 1.3 beta.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. But will the soundtrack update add new music to the game or just new music to the official soundtrack on Steam and other platforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom