Terraria State of the Game - May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
found it off the internet.

ok, but if that's supposed to be mobile's crafting... that looks like a headache and a half.

infact, everything about mobile looks complicated and frustrating to deal with... saying that's more optimized than console's is... that just makes my head hurt.

then again, playing games on phones alone is still a weird concept to me, i'm from an age before cellphones even existed, so modern phones are both too complex and too expensive for me.

The crafting system on console sucks. Having to press multiple buttons to get to one item, then select that to craft it along with crafting it not just putting it into your inventory unless you "quick" craft. I'm sometimes confused as to where my cursor even is after pressing rb or lb in the inventory. It basically is a copy and paste based on how it works. I'd like to be able to just use a cursor on console like I would PC in the inventory. That way I can just select, drag and drop stuff to where I want it. An inventory somewhat like minecrafts inventory. But better, plus the option to, if really wanted, use it the way it is.

More updates even after the final update. Even if they are small, you guys just can't stay away hahaha. You can tell you all love this game like your own child, and I respect that. I can't wait to see what you guys do next after this chapter in your lives. Sending love and respect to the team!

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I love Terraria and just today I signed up for the website! The thing is, I’ve always been so annoyed that desktop gets all the good updates before mobile. This happens for all kinds of games. But... for you guys, Journey’s End JUST CAME OUT. And you’re already working on getting it to mobile! Thank you Re-Logic! I am gonna be able to play golf in Terraria pretty soon by the looks of it. You guys crank out updates and bug fixes like it’s NOTHING. But for me, I’m no coding whiz. Thank you once again!

There are some problems with x box one I can't use the wall of flush expert item and the slot is for my old characters doesn't work

There are some problems with x box one I can't use the wall of flush expert item and the slot is for my old characters doesn't work
I am having the same problem try using your person that it doesn’t work on and defeat the wall of flesh in expert mode

I am having the same problem try using your person that it doesn’t work on and defeat the wall of flesh in expert mode

If you are unable to consume the demon heart and you have not already consumed it and are on Expert mode or Master Mode please make reports here: Journey's End Bug Reports

Also important, if you are playing on a Journey Mode World, ensure the enemy difficulty slider is set to Expert or higher (x2.0) include details such as that in your report.

But then they have to set things up for it though, and although they are caught up, everything might still be different though.
Before 1.4(and probably still doable) PC has been able to downgrade their game and successfully connect with mobile, so chances are it will work

found it of the internet.
ok, but if that's supposed to be mobile's crafting... that looks like a headache and a half.

infact, everything about mobile looks complicated and frustrating to deal with... saying that's more optimized than console's is... that just makes my head hurt.

then again, playing games on phones alone is still a weird concept to me, i'm from an age before cellphones even existed, so modern phones are both too complex and too expensive for me.
Well at least we have some features that a lot of mobile players would've missed if not kept in the game. We have the auto-swing for all weapons as a toggle-able non default option we have legacy one swipe jump(also non default), we have key binding, crafting isn't really too hard on a mobile device compared to a Console (exception is switch) consoles need more optimized crafting menus while mobile only really needed more control options which it now has.
Edit: It varies by device ya know I kinda like this setup when using a tablet or iPad, or a phone longer than 9 inches think about using this crafting setup on a larger touch screen rather than a phone.

And it has been easier. How long did it take to go from 1.3.0 to 1.3.5? Didn't consoles go from 1.3.1 to 1.3.4 directly?

Just think about development cycles here. Console 1.3.5 just shipped, like a few weeks ago. That means they've been working on it for a while. When they started the 1.3.5 port, PC 1.4 was still pretty far away.

By contrast, mobile 1.3.0 has been out for a while. And with PC 1.4.0 nearing the end of its development, DR could get a near-final build of 1.4.0 to start their porting work, rather than working through 1.3.5. And they've had a few months to get it moving on it.

All the while console has been getting 1.3.5 done.
Every PC update is months ahead of console. Now mobile is ahead of console.

They literally said the reason 1.3 for console took years was for a complete re design so all platforms could be updated simultaneously.

That has never happened and why they cannot halt progress on other devices so everyone can catch up boggles my mind.

Imagine a AAA developer like Rockstar dividing it's player base over content updates.

It's the whole reason I haven't had any excitement to play since 1.3. Every time I turn it on I can't help but think about all the features PC players have that I don't.

Hey guys, check out these new features! We sure are glad you got them. Now there are some other features we know you don't have yet but we'll get those to you as soon as we can. Chances are by the time you get those new features there will be more features you won't have again. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom