Terraria State of the Game: November 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assuming that all platforms will get this update sooner or later. That brings the question, Will there be cross-platform multiplayer? I remember in the early Xbox 360 days there was a promo vid with this very thing. I'm assuming that there must be some development. Is there?

Awesome progress for consoles. PC Change is totally understandable, taking more time for content is great.

Last edited:
Re-Logic, you've consistently disappointed us with these release dates. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I want to make it clear that I am not disappointed that it did not release in 2019, I am disappointed that you said it would release in 2019 and failed to do so. You've done this consistently with your updates, and failed the community time and time again. For the sanity of everyone in your community, please just add some time to all your release estimates.

Regarding the PC change; I'd honestly want the 1.4 to release later, even in 2020, rather than having a half polished update sooner with a tons of bugs and etc. to fix - and I'm sure that a lot of other people here would say the same.

Take as much time as you need for the update; we appreciate the effort!

While this delayed update is understandable and not really surprising, why isn’t there a spoiler to at least compensate for this to tide us over? It would be nice to have something to walk away with at a minimum. :(

Ayy, but you've had an enormous amount of time to finish this up. At least it wasn't a "Journey's End update canceled"........Otherworld-ly.

Well, Not really disappointed in it releasing in 2020, That totally means theres more content, Weird world generations here (idk why)

Attachments

• world generation.png
    world generation.png
    386.4 KB · Views: 474
  • Crimson.png
    Crimson.png
    476.5 KB · Views: 581
I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t even know that 1.4 was going to be released this year. I’ll wat however long I need to for a polished update

To be fair, I've kind of expected it that it would've been pushed to a 2020 release. Otherwise a release date would've been announced by then.

I've preferred more time to polish over rushing for sure, but after so many years, It's difficult to see the line when it's really done.
How much things are expected to happen for 1.4? :(

Though perhaps since I've been burnt out on Terraria again, I wouldn't mind myself waiting a little longer for it.

I'd rather they have said update coming in 2022 and them release it in 2020 then do this. Yes I'm upset and yes I want a quality update but give us something instead of a let down. I understand stuff like this takes time but come on.... We've been waiting a whole year for this new stuff. Just give us a block swap update or at least a small update to play with so we aren't left hanging for another year...

Why do i have a feeling that y'all want to release 1.4 to PC at the same time 1.4 is released in the rest of the console?

I wish you luck to hit all chalenges, to rich the goal.
But also, I've been waiting for update, and I have been getting teased (by new statues, new furniture) for a couple of years. It doesn't fair.
I understand, Devs should not deploy untested changes (I'm programmer too), but you could, at least, add some statues and furniture you've posted about. Corruption/spider furniture set... Could it be shared without new mechanics (as block replacing and other new futures) ? I hope so...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can you estimate the new target release date? Instead of a fixed date (which might not work out at the end) can you do a probability distribution for chance update released before this date?
like:
release.png

Last edited:
Not surprised for the delay, they couldn't wrap things up so close to the holidays, but I hope it will come out in the first quarter of 2020.

Funny, I remember that I delayed a new playthrough back in Dec 2017 in order to wait for 1.3.6, and here I am, so close to 2020, still waiting.
But I'm sure it will be worth the wait, it has always been. :)

Eu já sabia que isso iria acontecer srsrsr, mas quando um último alcance todo mundo será coroado. Brasil huehuehueheuheuheu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom