Terraria State of the Game: November 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'd rather not have a rushed release, it's a shame though that we'll have to wait longer, I hope the wait is worth it :dryadhappy:

You guys made a good choice on delaying it instead of rushing it. (like almost everything in the modern era now)
Although I'm glad it was delayed instead of rushed, I do have a bit of a complaint about something else.
Why is it that instead of delaying Other-world and just pause its development all together so later down the road you can re-start the development and continue, you strait up cancelled it? Even after ALL of its hype. This CRUSHED my heart and am STILL very much upset about it.

You guys made a good choice on delaying it instead of rushing it. (like almost everything in the modern era now)
Although I'm glad it was delayed instead of rushed, I do have a bit of a complaint about something else.
Why is it that instead of delaying Other-world and just pause its development all together so later down the road you can re-start the development and continue, you strait up cancelled it? Even after ALL of its hype. This CRUSHED my heart and am STILL very much upset about it.
If I remember correctly it was due to issues with 3rd party developers.

I'm kinda glad it got pushed back. Even though I now have a proper gaming PC for the first time ever, I wouldn't have had time to play Terraria if Journey's End came out in 2019. Too many other games have come out recently, that still have priority for me. When I play Terraria again, I want that to be the only thing on my mind.

Please don't let some of these replies dishearten you guys. You have never failed to deliver a quality end product for terraria in almost a decade of development for the game, and I'm positive you won't now. The delay was ABSOULTELY the right call here, and the game will be far better off as a result. Don't ever rush this game to meet unrealistic deadlines <3

UM Apenas otimizem o jogo pois esta muito pesado, pela mor de deus deixem o game leve como antigamente voces conseguem...

Also, kind reminder guys, this update is FREE. If anyone was paying for a service that wasn't delivered on time then there might be some merit for complaint, but we aren't.

I personally am kinda sad about Journey's End's delay but I believe it was for the better good, I found out about it by ChippyGaming my favorite youtuber and strongly feel the same as him, it is a bummer there's a delay but it's good because I would take the delay for some ultimate more content. I do kinda wish they added a progress info or spoiler, but I am happy with what I can get. Does anyone know if Journey's End will be on the switch? Because if it is I would really like that.

No problem with the delay, it was expected to be honest, as you guys are putting so much stuff into this update! There are other 1.4 updates to keep us busy meanwhile! (Stardew Valley) Maybe the console versions can catch up in the meanwhile!

Also, kind reminder guys, this update is FREE. If anyone was paying for a service that wasn't delivered on time then there might be some merit for complaint, but we aren't.
By this logic, the update doesn't have to be quality either. The update could be as close to game-breaking as possible, but because its free, its like "awe shucks oh well, at least it was free".

Anyone can complain about free things if those free things failed to meet expectations that either you perceived or the developers insinuated. In this case; a release window was given and was not met -- its ok to feel a little upset about it and it's more than ok to be vocal about those feelings.

It's also ok to provide criticism in regards to those feelings -- though it may or may not be well received or even wanted. "Free" does not remove that thing from scrutiny and certainly doesn't dictate how anyone "should" feel or dictate what they can or can not do about it.

Where things start to be NOT ok is when people want to attack the devs specifically or otherwise behave profanely about it.

Don't be tricked into thinking that "Free", quality content is only out of the goodness of the dev's hearts. They may not want to maliciously rob you with MTX like some companies, and I do think their intent is in a good place, but at the end of the day its in their best interest to keep the community happy with the content they're preparing so you'll suggest the game to a friend, buy the game as a gift, and/or stick around for their next game. After all, if they didn't think we had a right to complain because the update was free -- or if they didn't care about the quality of the content; they could have just released what they had and added to 1.4 with 1.4.X patches over the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom