Terraria State of the Game: November 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya know what. im done waiting. it feel like a bull face lie and im tired of it,it took yal three damn years for this update now its about to be 4 . i wanted this on my birthday and now im sad :(im done waiting i deleteing terraria
I mean, if they just never planned to release another update ever, they wouldn’t be losing any money. They are only doing these giant updates for us, so we should try not to be that upset that it is taking a while.

I mean, if they just never planned to release another update ever, they wouldn’t be losing any money. They are only doing these giant updates for us, so we should try not to be that upset that it is taking a while.

Just because it is free doesn't mean they are ONLY doing it for you and don't stand to benefit in some way.

That sentiment aside I am very happy that they're continuing to add content.

Just because it is free doesn't mean they are ONLY doing it for you and don't stand to benefit in some way.

That sentiment aside I am very happy that they're continuing to add content.
I agree, we just shouldn't be "now im sad im done waiting i deleteing terraria" upset at them for taking a while to release an update.

My Post Wasn't Against You, It Was Against Everyone Who Complains Re-Logic Or Pipeworks Or Whoever Is Taking Too Long, Then When They Do Release It, And It's Full Of Bugs, They Act Like It's Relogic's/Pipework's Fault, And Basically Say "I Never Asked For This".

While Yes, Switch Having Split Screen Wouldn't Affect Me, Guess What, Playstation Not Having Split Screen Either Wouldn't Affect Me.

And As You Said, Your Issue Is That They Didn't Communicate This. That's Fine. If You want To Get Upset About That, It's Fine. Not My Right To Judge You For That.

And As For Me Not Owning Switch, Why Does That Matter?

Edit:

That Sounds Like That's Nintendo's Fault, However, I Could Be Wrong.
The message you quoted Was specifically about the split screen. Not the 1.4 issue at large. You not owning it matters because you are judging and commenting on an issue that does not impact you. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but that you don't even own the game for the issue of which you quoted is a matter of credibility.

Additionally you say it's not your right to judge but with your initial comment that is exactly what you did.

The message you quoted Was specifically about the split screen. Not the 1.4 issue at large. You not owning it matters because you are judging and commenting on an issue that does not impact you. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but that you don't even own the game for the issue of which you quoted is a matter of credibility.

Additionally you say it's not your right to judge but with your initial comment that is exactly what you did.
I Was Quoting The Specific. SPECIFIC. Catch 22 That Loki Was Talking About, Not The Whole Post. If I Said Something Specifically Referring To You, I Would Have Done Exactly That, And Risked The Potential Warning.

And As For Your Post Telling @Proto Persona To Stop Making Assumptions About You Still Complaining About Switch Not Having Split Screen Even If It Didn't Say That It Would; I Could Have Copy Pasted That Whole Post, And Still Had Been In The Ball Park. You Told Him To Not Make Assumptions About You, When You Did Exactly That To Me.

And For Your Last Point, I'll Let You Have That. `:p

I Was Quoting The Specific. SPECIFIC. Catch 22 That Loki Was Talking About, Not The Whole Post. If I Said Something Specifically Referring To You, I Would Have Done Exactly That, And Risked The Potential Warning.

And As For Your Post Telling @Proto Persona To Stop Making Assumptions About You Still Complaining About Switch Not Having Split Screen Even If It Didn't Say That It Would; I Could Have Copy Pasted That Whole Post, And Still Had Been In The Ball Park. You Told Him To Not Make Assumptions About You, When You Did Exactly That To Me.

And For Your Last Point, I'll Let You Have That. `:p

Your first three sentence makes no sense to me. Sorry.

I've not made assumptions about you. I've reacted and replied to things you've actually said and a matter that you quoted.

as·sump·tion
/əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/

noun

1. 1.
    a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.
    "they made certain assumptions about the market"
You Automatically Assumed That I Was Talking About You, When I Wasn't. How, According To The Official Meaning, Were You Not Assuming I Was Talking About You?

Edit: For Clarity, Posts Like This Are The Ones I'm Talking About:

ya know what. im done waiting. it feel like a bull face lie and im tired of it,it took yal three damn years for this update now its about to be 4 . i wanted this on my birthday and now im sad :(im done waiting i deleteing terraria

Last edited:
as·sump·tion
/əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/

noun

1. 1.
You Automatically Assumed That I Was Talking About You, When I Wasn't. How, According To The Official Meaning, Were You Not Assuming I Was Talking About You?

Here is the original post for clarity.

Lets Just Face It, Most Of The People Complaining Would Be The Ones Who Were Also Complaining It Took So Long.`-_-

I understand the meaning of the word. It was your first sentence that doesn't make sense to me.

What do you actually accomplish by uninstalling the game? Nothing. Plus if the developers never made a 1.4 then the game would remain the same regardless.

as·sump·tion
/əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/

noun

1. 1.

Edit: For Clarity, Posts Like This Are The Ones I'm Talking About:
Here is the original post for clarity.

I understand the meaning of the word. It was your first sentence that doesn't make sense to me.
This discussion is no longer about the update; it's getting off topic. I think it's time for both of you to move on.

Can anyone confirm if split screen support for switch is going to be included in the 1.3.1 update? Is it tbd? Also, what about local play? I'm considering getting another switch. I thought I heard the switch doesn't support local network play. If not, is that going to be part of 1.3.1?

I think the negativity of the comments comes from the trailer, where it says Q4 2019 is the release of 1.4, and now it changed. This trailer came out in June, the information about the delay in November. People got hyped because they finally get to see the update, instead they see a delay without any happiness behind it. Just some reasons.
You either don't include any release date or you have one in a suggested time span. If it is a fixed release date, of course, the consumer won't be happy if it doesn't come out. And just because it is free, take as an example when you order on Amazon; Do you want to hear a delay over and over again?

Otherwise, it is good to unleash the whole potential of Terraria 1.4, but not really a good idea to plan like that with the fixed release dates.

Golf. As long as y'all hold true on this, that's all my concern. Delay is inconsequential to my excitement over this feature. I will happily wait many a blood moon, as this will give new life to an already lively world you have created. I appreciate the hard work it has taken and is still being put into this game.

I know it may be something much in demand though could you maybe implement a weekly updated progressbar of some sort into your site. It would help building an image how long we need to prepare ourself to wait without setting a fixed date.

Last edited:
I know it may be something much in demand though could you maybe implement a weekly updated progressbar of some sort into your site. It would help building an image how long we need to prepare ourself to wait without setting a fixed date.

We already have monthly updates. Let's give the developers space to do their job without too much pressure. In the development process, it can sometimes be difficult to estimate how much is done.

This is not about "bugs", it is about the full inclusion of features and content. Stuff we do not want to cut out or cut in half.

We shared the news when we knew 100% that 2019 wasn't happening - and we did so literally the day after we made that call. There was no secret "oh its gonna be delayed and we knew it months ago" conspiracy.

I mean, it pretty much is as we said it is... there really isn't much more to it. Its not like we didn't know that some people would be upset - but we have to stay true to our focus on getting the update right vs the timeline. When we said 2019, we thought we had the time to make it what we wanted - but that wasn't the case. These things happen.

Re: SplitScreen/Bluetooth play on Switch and 1.3.1 - my last in-person test, I would say the 1.3.1 content was looking mostly good to go - but SS/Local performance was subpar (again, the feature exists... I've played it myself... but the performance is just not there yet). So, I would say it is quite possible you will see 1.3.1 without SS - but I know that we have underscored in very bold lines to PW how important getting SS/LP right is - and they have worked on it as I say above. So, we will see.

I know that isn't what you wanted to hear and will likely trigger angry responses - but all I can do is share what I personally know and the direction that I have personally given to the dev team on this being a priority item.

This is not about "bugs", it is about the full inclusion of features and content. Stuff we do not want to cut out or cut in half.

We shared the news when we knew 100% that 2019 wasn't happening - and we did so literally the day after we made that call. There was no secret "oh its gonna be delayed and we knew it months ago" conspiracy.

I mean, it pretty much is as we said it is... there really isn't much more to it. Its not like we didn't know that some people would be upset - but we have to stay true to our focus on getting the update right vs the timeline. When we said 2019, we thought we had the time to make it what we wanted - but that wasn't the case. These things happen.

Re: SplitScreen/Bluetooth play on Switch and 1.3.1 - my last in-person test, I would say the 1.3.1 content was looking mostly good to go - but SS/Local performance was subpar (again, the feature exists... I've played it myself... but the performance is just not there yet). So, I would say it is quite possible you will see 1.3.1 without SS - but I know that we have underscored in very bold lines to PW how important getting SS/LP right is - and they have worked on it as I say above. So, we will see.

I know that isn't what you wanted to hear and will likely trigger angry responses - but all I can do is share what I personally know and the direction that I have personally given to the dev team on this being a priority item.

I appreciate the communication.

At initial release how long did you/they anticipate the addition of ss to take on the switch version?

Also, what company associated with this title was in charge of the information on the Nintendo eShop and online retailers such as amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom