Terraria State of the Game - November 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not gonna lie, i'm kinda not liking the fact that 1.4 will release before 2021, but at the same time, that means it might release on the 10th anniversary. imagine that lol.

it doesn't matter anymore.

nothing matters.
Wow, so cool and edgy. Everyone thinks your SOOO amazing cause you act all dark and gloomy and ruin everybody’s fun. Can you like maybe let people enjoy what they want to enjoy? If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. And there’s a difference between constructive criticism and just plain being a hater.

Wow, so cool and edgy. Everyone thinks your SOOO amazing cause you act all dark and gloomy and ruin everybody’s fun. Can you like maybe let people enjoy what they want to enjoy? If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. And there’s a difference between constructive criticism and just plain being a hater.
It was a :red:ing joke.

They had wrong icons before 1.4. Either this glitch is back or you are a console player. If so then it will be fixed in the 1.4
The thing I notcied while watching vieos on youtube is that when fighting twins at least 90% of the time the health bar on the bottom of the screen shows wrong health. For example it shows spazmatizm has slightly less than half health but in fact it's close to dying. I don't know why no one reported that
Example from one of chippy's videos: ( this video is from july but I dont think they fixed it )View attachment 300425
When I fought the Twins on my iPad in Journey Mode, the same thing happened with Spazmatism’s health bar.

so one of my concerns is regarding future updates seeing as the player suggestions section is still open like you will still do minor updates right?

They had wrong icons before 1.4. Either this glitch is back or you are a console player. If so then it will be fixed in the 1.4
The thing I notcied while watching vieos on youtube is that when fighting twins at least 90% of the time the health bar on the bottom of the screen shows wrong health. For example it shows spazmatizm has slightly less than half health but in fact it's close to dying. I don't know why no one reported that
Example from one of chippy's videos: ( this video is from july but I dont think they fixed it )View attachment 300425
When I fought the Twins on my iPad in Journey Mode, the same thing happened with Spazmatism’s health bar.

I’m relatively certain that the 1.4 health bar goes by total health of both twins rather than individual health of one twin. In other words, while one twin is close to death, the other is almost full which adds up to about half of their starting HP.

I’m relatively certain that the 1.4 health bar goes by total health of both twins rather than individual health of one twin. In other words, while one twin is close to death, the other is almost full which adds up to about half of their starting HP.
That's not how it works. They have separate health bars. It shows you health of the last one you hit
The same video after defeating spazmatizm: Screenshot_20201201-170724_YouTube.jpg
They also have their own "picture" in the health bar so why would it be for both of them?

Last edited:
For this issue with the twins health bar, I had reported this bug before, but was just told that it was just the health of both twins.

That's not how it works. They have separate health bars. It shows you health of the last one you hit

I know the twins themselves have separate health from each other, but to defeat “the twins” and receive the loot from the boss you have to kill both eyes. I’d have to check to make sure, but it makes perfect sense to me that the health bar would simply display the combined total HP for the twins.

Not to mention the post above mine by Geoman.

I know the twins themselves have separate health from each other, but to defeat “the twins” and receive the loot from the boss you have to kill both eyes. I’d have to check to make sure, but it makes perfect sense to me that the health bar would simply display the combined total HP for the twins.

Not to mention the post above mine by Geoman.
Then why their bars are separate then? Or did they fix that? As I said from my observations it doesn't work that was
Here are some quite new videos: you can clearly see the health bar increase after defeating one twin and that they have separate ones:
I'm kinda confused, it totally doesn't look like it's what it's intended to be

Then why their bars are separate then? Or did they fix that? As I said from my observations it doesn't work that was
Here are some quite new videos: you can clearly see the health bar increase after defeating one twin and that they have separate ones:
I'm kinda confused, it totally doesn't look like it's what it's intended to be

I didn’t watch the last one, but based on what I saw there, the health bar worked as I have been saying only while both eyes are alive.

You can see this in action whenever any one of the players shown hit both twins before one eye dies, as even if they change targets the bottom bar doesn’t switch in any way. The health bar does change, however, when one eye dies to show the HP/HP total of only the remaining eye.

In other words, we were kinda both right! The way you thought it should/did work is how it works when one eye is alive, and the way I thought it works happens when both are alive.

Out of curiosity, what precisely bothers you here?
It bothers me because I have been a mobile player for the last 6 years and I have been watching videos and reading about mods since they came out and I really want to be able to use them. I have also played terraria all the way through over 50 time on all modes and want a change of experience. That is why I am so worried about whether mods will be on mobile or not.

It bothers me because I have been a mobile player for the last 6 years and I have been watching videos and reading about mods since they came out and I really want to be able to use them. I have also played terraria all the way through over 50 time on all modes and want a change of experience. That is why I am so worried about whether mods will be on mobile or not.
He wasn't talking to you though.

My reply was to RetroApo in regards to the quoted query... so that's odd. :p

SOTG said ALPHA by the end of the year, not a full live release.

Mods outside of PC would be fantastic - I have yet to meet anyone whom would disagree with that. If only it were an easy path - sadly, it is a very complicated one with lots of stumbling blocks and potential blockers. Doesn't mean that we might not try someday... just that it is far from something that can be promised or even to say its very likely. All I can say is "we shall see."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom