Terraria State of the Game - November 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
who wants to do a challenge to see who can make the biggest builds it starts on December 10th but you can only use one world and one character, you must start new (this is to console players only). the time is December 10-25. You must submit your builds on my group builders group. the last day to submit is December 29th. Good luck!

currently tmodloader doesnt support 1.4, so if you want to play mods, you have to downgrade:)

try that it may help

@Loki will sniper related things on console in 1.4 be the same as before? On pc you need to right click to use the zoom ability, on console it is always on when aiming with the right joystick. Could you make that like on pc- it works when clicking secondary use button, I would really appreciate that, it is really infurating. I know that holding this button when shooting isn't easy but maybe there's an option to make it work better. And I hope you read my last message to you on this thread, you don't have to implement anything I suggested, just see my thoughts about some changes. Thanks!

This is probably a stupid question but will switch get the option to have mobile touch screen controls? Cause I don’t frequently play console but if I do then it would be nice to have that, since I’m already so used to them.

This is probably a stupid question but will switch get the option to have mobile touch screen controls? Cause I don’t frequently play console but if I do then it would be nice to have that, since I’m already so used to them.

Switch will have touch controls for sure. If you mean adding the virtual sticks so that you can play with only touchscreen, then no - that would not be allowable based on Nintendo's guidelines for Switch.

Hey Loki I don't know if you play Smash bros but what would the empress of light be Zelda or Palutena. im working on photoshoping terraria bosses as spirits

Hey Loki I don't know if you play Smash bros but what would the empress of light be Zelda or Palutena. im working on photoshoping terraria bosses as spirits
Probably palutena, and the gimmick is that your movement speed is increased, but you start at 999%

Yeah makes sense

Would Eoc be white and red dark samus or white Piranha Plant for final phase

I have King slime as Giant Kirby
Eye of Cthulhu as Giant Dark samus
Eater of worlds as Bowser
Brain of Cthulhu as Giant Mewtwo
Queen bee as Giant Peach
Skeletron as Giant Richter
Wall of flesh as To big Ridley
Twins as Giant Ice climbers
Destroyer as Bowser
Skeletron prime as Giant Snake
Plantera as Giant Piranha Plant
Golem as Giant R.O.B
Duke fishron as Giant Ridley
Lunatic Cultist as Robin
Moon Lord as Giant Ganondorf
Queen slime as Giant kirby
Empress Of Light as Palutena

Also i just noticed that the herbs blooming bug was fixed in the last update.

(caused some very extensive renovations in my house)

I thought console's code was changed in 1.3 so adding updates from PC would be faster and easier? If thats the case why is 1.4 for console taking so long? Shouldn't it be more of a copy-paste and a bunch of tweaking here and there? Idk how it's so challenging for a game to be played on a different platform. Especially for a game as simple as Terraria (atleast comparing it to other games that across multiple platforms). Doesn't help the development team was changed (although hopefully they're better than Pipeworks). The fact we might have to wait until spring or hell even summer for the update is insane.

I thought console's code was changed in 1.3 so adding updates from PC would be faster and easier? If thats the case why is 1.4 for console taking so long? Shouldn't it be more of a copy-paste and a bunch of tweaking here and there? Idk how it's so challenging for a game to be played on a different platform. Especially for a game as simple as Terraria (atleast comparing it to other games that across multiple platforms). Doesn't help the development team was changed (although hopefully they're better than Pipeworks). The fact we might have to wait until spring or hell even summer for the update is insane.
You don’t know what is going into the game. Screen size, hardware, and controls all have to be taken into account. This results in tweaks, compressing files, and straight up programming an item from scratch. Open this page and tell me to my face that putting this in would be easy.

Terraria is FAR from simple. Don't let the pixel graphics fool you. :p

That was indeed the plan with Pipeworks' approach... but it did not materialize in the way any of us had hoped. I would say that DR's current approach is much closer to the logic behind that plan than before. We shall see what fruit that bears... keep in mind that we have already seen a playable within like a month of the dev swap - but it takes additional time to get that right and, you know, maybe spend some time enhancing the entire experience vs just adding content.

I thought console's code was changed in 1.3 so adding updates from PC would be faster and easier?

... am I the only one who remembers that there was a 3 week span when Console had achieved parity with the PC? I mean yes, 1.4 came out on PC a few weeks later, but no port of Terraria had managed to achieve parity with PC since 1.1.

Updates were faster. Things slowed down when Pipeworks decided they wanted to move on.

Terraria is FAR from simple. Don't let the pixel graphics fool you. :p

That was indeed the plan with Pipeworks' approach... but it did not materialize in the way any of us had hoped. I would say that DR's current approach is much closer to the logic behind that plan than before. We shall see what fruit that bears... keep in mind that we have already seen a playable within like a month of the dev swap - but it takes additional time to get that right and, you know, maybe spend some time enhancing the entire experience vs just adding content.
i agree Terria is more than simple but how complicated is 1.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom