Terraria State of the Game - November 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of the Terragrim in the Zeniths recipe but it would make it harder but isn't that the point in the Zenith to be for the master/ time consuming players

Also the beekeeper was added in to the Zenith so the Terragrim could be in the crafting at some point in a patch/ small update maybe, maybe not

Terraria is FAR from simple. Don't let the pixel graphics fool you. :p

That was indeed the plan with Pipeworks' approach... but it did not materialize in the way any of us had hoped. I would say that DR's current approach is much closer to the logic behind that plan than before. We shall see what fruit that bears... keep in mind that we have already seen a playable within like a month of the dev swap - but it takes additional time to get that right and, you know, maybe spend some time enhancing the entire experience vs just adding content.

Ah okay. Yeah I remember Pipeworks saying that was the plan. So when they left, did DR decide not to continue that plan? It's a shame, the progress probably could've been a lot smoother. Alas we'll have to wait :(

I like the idea of the Terragrim in the Zeniths recipe but it would make it harder
He doesn't mean in addition to, he means instead of. As in, you can craft the Zenith with copper OR tin shortsword, and enchanted sword OR terragrim. It doesn't make it more complicated, all it does is have it not screw over people who get a terragrim instead of an enchanted sword.

Ah okay. Yeah I remember Pipeworks saying that was the plan. So when they left, did DR decide not to continue that plan? It's a shame, the progress probably could've been a lot smoother. Alas we'll have to wait :(

It is more that the PW builds did not ultimately align with that plan in the execution and how it all rolled out. The way DR has approached the same problem has - thus far - been far more in-line with the notion of "commonality across the code/platforms" - which is great, and, again a testament to that is how fast they had a playable up... but time is needed to polish that, debug that, and also dive into the overall experience and make it better vs just tossing more into the current.

Just hang in there. :)

I hate to be that guy, but is there any sort of ETA on workshop support or some insight on how far it is in development? I really just wanna know at least roughly how much longer I've got to work on my texture pack in order to get it up on day one.

A new state of the game is now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom