Terraria State of the Game: October 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... If I read correctly PS4 and XBOX will get 1.3.4 first? Even before PC damn, those Pipework peeps sure work fast! Might as well get a PS4, I only got Terraria on PC but I can't wait longer than I've already waited for 1.3.4 D:
PC has had 1.3.4 for a while now it got it in 2016

Nintendo eShop listed the same at launch. So here I am waiting.

That's crazy. It's one thing to push release, but another to purposefully cloak the current capabilities. I would give the benefit of the doubt for most situations. But given the fact that most customers on the Switch would likely be people who had bought the game in prior releases and the lack of updates on progress, it just looks so calculated.

1.4 has been in progress a decent amount of time.

I'm aware. Everyone who saw the block replacer preview from way back when is well aware. I still very, very highly doubt that this is coming out in the next seven weeks.

I realize they've been saying "late 2019" for awhile now, but from the looks of the updates we've been getting over the past few months, that really doesn't seem very likely to me. Also, well... With all due respect to the dev team, this wouldn't be the first time that a major release didn't make its target date.

Personally, I don't really mind that these updates take as long as they do. I realize their manpower is limited, and obviously I'm not going to encourage rushing an update out the door before they've had time to ensure it's up to par. I just wish they'd be more realistic about announcing release dates. If they just came out and said this wasn't coming until Q1 of 2020, even Q2 of 2020, that would've been perfectly fine, and I'm sure there'd be no complaints (certainly no reasonable ones). If it comes out in Q1 of 2020 after we've been told it's coming out in 2019, it's really no different than if they'd just slated it for Q1 of 2020, except... Now a lot of people are disappointed that it wasn't out on time. That ends up being the only difference. I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at here.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, and it really will be out sometime in the next seven weeks. Frankly, I'd like to be.

We don't know what's left to work on, they could simply be heavily QA testing now and the update could be out end of month. The November state of the game should be out soon.

...Really lmao

Really

Like, consider the amount of new content (ostensibly not previously planned) that's being worked on, as per the last few state of the game updates. Does that really sound, to you, like they're "simply heavily QA testing" right now?

I mean, really. Really. There's wishful thinking, and then there's just deluding yourself.

...Really lmao

Really

Like, consider the amount of new content (ostensibly not previously planned) that's being worked on, as per the last few state of the game updates. Does that really sound, to you, like they're "simply heavily QA testing" right now?

I mean, really. Really. There's wishful thinking, and then there's just deluding yourself.

You should put more weight on this part "We don't know what's left to work on". Your guess is as good as his.

So... If I read correctly PS4 and XBOX will get 1.3.4 first? Even before PC damn, those Pipework peeps sure work fast! Might as well get a PS4, I only got Terraria on PC but I can't wait longer than I've already waited for 1.3.4 D:
ummm.... PC already had 1.3.4 way before PS4 and X1.... PC is on 1.3.5 right now...

...Really lmao

Really

Yeah. Really.

WhichVillainousAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

It would be awesome if they add more fantasy into the game,I mean we need some flying dragon mounts,some fantasy creatures.Look at narnia,look at lord of the rings,world of warcraft even,thats fantasy,thats something that touches your soul as a gamer,we need that vibe,that thrill.It's not enough,WE WANT MORE! Give us that imaginary spice,that fantasy realm,of course we need not to go all the way into it,but add some more,centaurs,dragons,giants,witches,ents,hobbits even orcs and goblins.Where are the elves and all of the dwarves.Give us the ultimate fantasy game,that we need.

It would be awesome if they add more fantasy into the game,I mean we need some flying dragon mounts,some fantasy creatures.Look at narnia,look at lord of the rings,world of warcraft even,thats fantasy,thats something that touches your soul as a gamer,we need that vibe,that thrill.It's not enough,WE WANT MORE! Give us that imaginary spice,that fantasy realm,of course we need not to go all the way into it,but add some more,centaurs,dragons,giants,witches,ents,hobbits even orcs and goblins.Where are the elves and all of the dwarves.Give us the ultimate fantasy game,that we need.
We already have multiple types of goblins and dragons, and the Demolitionist is a dwarf, and we already have santa elves, it would be weird if we had the more graceful kind. More of the other stuff is fine though (also dragons, because you can literally never have enough of those).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom