Terraria State of the Game - September 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for so long to play this game on Switch, but to be honest, I am not really good when it comes to most of the Hard Mode bosses...anyway, good work guys!

Any performance issues would be amplified and multiplied in a Split Screen scenario - so improvements there would be helpful for everyone.

Sounds to me like the port was rushed.

I'll care about performance issues when I'm actually playing the game.

Lokie, is split screen support going to be part of the upcoming patch? Or....you still don't know/can't say?

3 MONTHS.

upload_2019-9-19_13-0-54.png

I see what you did there!

Sounds to me like the port was rushed.

I'll care about performance issues when I'm actually playing the game.

Lokie, is split screen support going to be part of the upcoming patch? Or....you still don't know/can't say?

3 MONTHS.

Rushed? I don't know if I would say that - but yeah, I know the PW team knows of the issues out there.

Depends on how it tests out would be my best estimation there - if the performance is substantially worse than in the existing modes... to the extent that it directly impacts gameplay... then that becomes something that the team will have to consider. That's pretty much the best answer I could personally give (not being a coder, etc, myself) - I don't think anyone on any team underestimates the desire for this feature to be in, so it is a very high priority - and yeah, work has been done. It then just becomes how that balance of performance vs feature plays out in playtesting (which is the same with any feature or content, to be fair).

Sorry that may not be saying anything that isn't obvious.

Rushed? I don't know if I would say that - but yeah, I know the PW team knows of the issues out there.

Depends on how it tests out would be my best estimation there - if the performance is substantially worse than in the existing modes... to the extent that it directly impacts gameplay... then that becomes something that the team will have to consider. That's pretty much the best answer I could personally give (not being a coder, etc, myself) - I don't think anyone on any team underestimates the desire for this feature to be in, so it is a very high priority - and yeah, work has been done. It then just becomes how that balance of performance vs feature plays out in playtesting (which is the same with any feature or content, to be fair).

Sorry that may not be saying anything that isn't obvious.

What I'm reading is that you have no idea and they continue blowing pixie dust up your and my Duke fishrons.

What I'm reading is that you have no idea and they continue blowing pixie dust up your and my Duke fishrons.
Pipeworks had always been finicky with console editions, but the switch port is worse than ever. Why they didn't just not release the release date, or delay the release, until split screen was fully working and implemented is beyond me.

Yeah, I would adore seeing a lot of the non-World monsters. A pet Dalamadur would be adorable (even if it wouldn't make much sense), or even a mini floating Amatsu! And may never happen, but in my head it's real.

Liking the progress on updates so far. Sad to see there isn't anything much to share for PC, but that's ok! I'm absolutely certain it will be worth the wait. <3

Well, I think any monster could be a good pet or mount. If you want a Dalamadur pet, I bet It could be awesome! I am more inclined for mounts or vanity armors, anything you can use all the game progresion. Weapons would be awesome, but them have a limited use, maybe we could mount them in the walls with that wood item, the stand. And pets obviously can be used whatever you are in the game.
Imagine, some Yamas floating near sky islands, or agnaktors in hell. Giginox on caves? Khezu? Some plesioth on the beaches... dont know, there are a lot of monsters to do anything pets/mounts/enemies/bosses/armors/weapons/portraits...etc
I hope somebody want to do some texture pack (destroyer/dalamadur for example) or just a mod to include some of this.:cool:;) I dont know how to do mods really.

Do you think there will be more Dev armors? I think yes. And maybe super rare pets, but I want to know how are the new kites and how are they acquired, they look great!

PD: Which armor or weapon would you like to see in game? Maybe old rathian armor (mhfu) or Alatreon one, maybe Dalamadur. As of weapons, Dragonslayer GS (my fav) or Lao Shan bow... and a lot more hahaha:hoppinjack:
As you said, it seems as it may never happen, but we can dream. Hugs:passionate:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom