Terraria State of the Game - September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of a meme mode. You can tell because of the random size changes they slapped onto bosses.

For The Worthy is not just size changes tho.
It changes some of the bosses attacks aswell in addition to giving them increased damage beyond any reason and HP bloating them.

List of changes to enemies , bosses , world in FTW

So yea kinda true Master Mode is on that "meme" seed.

For The Worthy is not just size changes tho.
It changes some of the bosses attacks aswell in addition to giving them increased damage beyond any reason and HP bloating them.
Don't worry, I already knew that. I was just gesturing to bosses like Golem and Skeletron Prime which are basically just jokes at that point which aren't really suitable for a playthrough.

I'm not going to stop complaining about master mode. And it's funny you say I do "nothing but complain" because I was actually one of the first people to praise the implementation of the Torch God event as an alternative to negative torch luck. The game's different modes should be distinct, you should not be able to apply the same strategy to a mode that you already applied to the ones below it. If they added attack patterns to master mode, it would actually allow it to be distinct from expert. You say people would wonder why the new patterns aren't expert, but here's the thing: expert already has new attack patterns compared to normal, and people don't wonder/wish they were in normal.

Sure, I will! I have plenty ideas for it that wouldn't even be theoretically that hard to implement.

1. Both of the skeletrons should have their arms be actually competent and be able to actually hit you besides Prime's laser arm. Make Skeletrons' arms move faster so they can hit you more often than once every eon, make Prime Vice and Prime Saw do the same, and make the Cannon more accurate and have it's bombs detonate on contact with the player. You could even make the arms just detach from the head sometimes if you need to.
  2. There doesn't need to be a new phase, just make the eye able to summon Servants in it's second phase beyond it's transformation. It could be independant from the other attacks so it doesn't need to pause to summon them like in it's first phase.
  3. Again, a fourth phase wouldn't be necessary, just make it's bubbles no longer affected by wind and disappear on a timer (10 seconds?) instead of damage, so that Inferno potions don't make so many of it's attacks useless.
  4. Maybe slimed zombies could leave a slime behind on death? It wouldn't be especially threatening, but this is earlygame.
  5. I mean, sure. It's very annoying, but sure, I don't see a problem with it.
  6. Why should enemies have another stat boost after moon lord if there's no post-moon lord content.
  7. Literally any dynamic changes would be nice. We currently have none.

It's kind of a meme mode. You can tell because of the random size changes they slapped onto bosses.

And these are some concrete facts.
More than just complaining. Besides, I wasn't just talking about you, but I was talking generally. You know, people are people, they complained, they complain and I will complain, but to suggest something, it takes more effort.
You proposed, so I have absolutely nothing to do with you.

And these are some concrete facts.
More than just complaining. Besides, I wasn't just talking about you, but I was talking generally. You know, people are people, they complained, they complain and I will complain, but to suggest something, it takes more effort.
You proposed, so I have absolutely nothing to do with you.
Sorry, you just said it right after my comment so I thought it was related to me.

There doesn't need to be a new phase, just make the eye able to summon Servants in it's second phase beyond it's transformation.
That would make the eye way easier to kill. Those servants are all tasty little balls of hearts and mana stars, and the fight gets a lot harder once they stop spawning.

To see a terrible mode, please look at Master.
To see a more painful fun mode, please look at Eternity from Fargo's Mod.
Perhaps Eternity is a little too difficult, but the thing it did was this: it didn't change enemy stats from their expert levels. Instead, it changed other things to make your experience truly harder.
Examples: Flying Fish shoots streams of damaging water, EoC blasts scythes while doing the mega-dash attacks...
Unlike Master, mobs do not 1-hit you but every boss is a bullet hell.
If they had done this approach with Master, the mode and game would have been a lot better and more complete.
(for the record, Eternity is possible, I just beat EMode EoC, but it was the hardest [possibly funnest though] fight I ever did in Terraria)

This works, but if you lost the back up to a world, that corrupted on a earlier update, the world will sadly still not work, even though there is a new update. This happened to me when a world corrupted, because it didn’t like me joining and leaving quickly. I was doing this, because I was moving all of my items from one world to another and now both of those worlds are corrupted, and it didn’t create a backup for them, so now in this update it says there is no backup.

DrStudios, is there anyway to retrieve worlds, like this?

This is also why the manual backup (copy to another folder periodically) is a great thing. This is something PC players have always had - and is a best practice, really, for any important files... be they Terraria files or not. Personally, I have local and icloud backups of all of my Terraria mobile players and characters of note. I update them every week. Copy - Paste - Overwrite = yes and done. Those are not subject to any issues around a .bak failing to load, etc... as they are full copies at that point in time. Thus, worst-case, you lose some progress and not everything. :)

If, as you said, it corrupted pre-1.3... afraid nothing can be done there, sorry.

wanted to know if 2g ram phones Android 6.0 will can play to 1.4

@Angryhippo can correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think there is any planned increase in minspec for 1.4 vs 1.3.

1. Both of the skeletrons should have their arms be actually competent and be able to actually hit you besides Prime's laser arm. Make Skeletrons' arms move faster so they can hit you more often than once every eon, make Prime Vice and Prime Saw do the same, and make the Cannon more accurate and have it's bombs detonate on contact with the player. You could even make the arms just detach from the head sometimes if you need to.
  2. There doesn't need to be a new phase, just make the eye able to summon Servants in it's second phase beyond it's transformation. It could be independant from the other attacks so it doesn't need to pause to summon them like in it's first phase.
  3. Again, a fourth phase wouldn't be necessary, just make it's bubbles no longer affected by wind and disappear on a timer (10 seconds?) instead of damage, so that Inferno potions don't make so many of it's attacks useless.
  4. Maybe slimed zombies could leave a slime behind on death? It wouldn't be especially threatening, but this is earlygame.
  5. I mean, sure. It's very annoying, but sure, I don't see a problem with it.
  6. Why should enemies have another stat boost after moon lord if there's no post-moon lord content.
  7. Literally any dynamic changes would be nice. We currently have none.
To see a terrible mode, please look at Master.
To see a more painful fun mode, please look at Eternity from Fargo's Mod.
Perhaps Eternity is a little too difficult, but the thing it did was this: it didn't change enemy stats from their expert levels. Instead, it changed other things to make your experience truly harder.
Examples: Flying Fish shoots streams of damaging water, EoC blasts scythes while doing the mega-dash attacks...
Unlike Master, mobs do not 1-hit you but every boss is a bullet hell.
If they had done this approach with Master, the mode and game would have been a lot better and more complete.
(for the record, Eternity is possible, I just beat EMode EoC, but it was the hardest [possibly funnest though] fight I ever did in Terraria)
Now THATS what I’m talking about, THAT should be what MASTERMODE is, a mode where there is only glorious death!
That wonderful feeling of new and old combined! That’s what makes an update like this good, not a “minor” improvement upon the last mode...
Stop so complaining about Master Mode. People nothing but complain. If they added a new AI to new enemies, people would complain why this is in Master Mode, since it could also be in Expert Mode. Everyone wants new attacks in the Master Mode, but the truth is that it would actually make sense, new ai would have to get exactly the opponents themselves, which in the Mode Expert.
Also yeah, sorry MrD, suppose I should complain after I get the update : P

Then make them not drop hearts in the second phase either I suppose.
Oooh, don’t make em ever drop hearts! OR Mana refills! Ever! Make the statues useless!
Never use em anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom