PC Terraria Top 15 Bosses (Personal Opinion, what's yours?)

If you dont count the bosses from events there are only fifteen bosses. I would like to include them:

15. Ice queen - slows/freezes the player constantly, flies off screen a lot, has been nerfed a little too much in my opinion
14. Martian Suacer - fast and deadly. Although you can dodge its flight pattern its tough to kill before switching phases. Very stressful to fight
13. Santa-NK1 - his attacks are rather spammy, I find his second phase a little disturbing personally
12. Golem - I really like this boss actually, but I feel like he is constantly pulling his punches
11. Skeletron Prime - same problem as the Golem, he isn't very threataning. Typically the last and easiest of the mechanical bosses for me
10. Moon Lord - an extremely well polished boss, but is hard to defeat for the first time without serious preparation and prior knowledge of him
9. Skeletron - for being an absolute pain in expert mode, but is still one of the more iconic bosses
8. Plantera - a good test of your might, the gateway into the end-game (even after 1.3). Unlocks lots of items and slows the evil biome
7. Lunatic Cultist - kind of subtle, doesn't drop much, but has a cool way of being summoned and is always a fun fight
6. Wall of Flesh - has the best way of being summoned (except I feel bad for the Guide), and also has the best drops of any boss
5. The Twins - a personal favorite, they are a great boss to start off with in hard mode
4. Eye of Cthulhu - generally the first boss fought in Terraria, and a great introduction to their mechanics. The same goes for expert mode
3. The Destroyer of Worlds - one of my favorites, despite the weakness to piercing attacks I really like his look and attacks
2. Duke Fishron - feels like a proper boss fight, he won't dissappoint. Has extremely useful drops that are viable for anything
1. Pumpking - I loved seeing this guy for the first time during the pumpkin moon after a few attempts, has the coolest theme and phases in my opinion

Overall I really enjoy fighting each boss, but I like some more than others, any of them could be liked or disliked for multiple reasons

15. King Slime - Um, this is pretty much just a bigger Mother Slime.
14. Everscream - Pretty annoying, but not as annoying as its counterpart to me.
13. Eye of Cthulhu - Not that difficult. Can pose a threat to newer players, but still not that bad.
12. Mourning Wood - Normally isn't too bad, but it's that damn Greek Fire that puts him here - it makes it more annoying, and I like annoying things.
11. Skeletron - Pretty interesting fight, but also very repetitive.
10. Eater of Worlds - ...worm.
9. Wall of Flesh - Fairly balanced for when he is fought, but the entire fight consists of running away like a coward.
8. Brain of Cthulhu - Oi, that teleportation.
7. Skeletron Prime - Basically just a beefed-up Skeletron.
6. The Destroyer - Literally a beefed-up Eater of Worlds.
5. Plantera - Pretty unique fight, but that's it's only upside.
4. Golem - Pretty fun fight, but easily exploited as well.
3. Queen Bee - Pretty fun fight at first.
2a. The Twins - Lacks just about any attacks of the original besides melee.
2b. Ice Queen - Fairly well balanced.
2c. Pumpking - Extremely fun to fight. Also, Horseman's Blade.
1. Duke Fishron - YES. The most entertaining fight ever.

Actually, 15 is exactly how many bosses the PC version of Terraria has if we exclude bosses from the Moon events and invasions.

Of course, I'll just give my top 6 favorites.

1: Duke Fishron. The mean green flying pig-fish-dragon. Easily one of the most aggressive bosses, and the only one to gain an extra phase in Expert.
2: Moon Lord. The final boss, and the hardest boss in the game. Duke Fishron gets honor of second hardest, in my opinion.
3: Destroyer. The absurdly long mechanical worm. While it does have a ton of health, it goes down a bit easier with all those segments. Also, Boss 3.
4: Queen Bee. Due to the circumstances of the encounter, she's frequently fought with you on a small platform over mobility-reducing honey.
5: Golem. For once, a boss that actually respects terrain, even if said respect for the terrain is its fatal flaw.
6: Lunatic Cultist. What makes him interesting is that he's just as small as you. And he teleports a lot.

Hey! This is a personal list of the Top 15 bosses, just for fun! :p.

For this list, I'm excluding the event bosses, as I don't feel like they're bosses; I think they're mini-bosses. Also, this is factoring both normal mode and expert as one.

Anyway, the list!

Number 15: Queen Bee
Queen_Bee_Mask.png

I really don't like this boss, I'm sorry. The attack pattern is VERY predictable, and the fight is honestly a bore. The rewards aren't that much better; other than the summoner class there's little reason to fight this boss. The other class weapons are EASILY replaceable by other just as easy to get weapons (if not easier). Even on expert mode, this boss is very underwhelming. The expert loot is downright a joke (check out my thread about expert boss improvements *wink *wink* :p) and is only useful for like 5 items. Overall, the boss is too easy, not very fun, and mediocre reward-wise. This boss really doesn't hit home for me.

Number 14: Wall of Flesh
Wall_of_Flesh_Mask.png

I know, people like this one, but I can summarize this boss in one word: PAIN. This boss is ANNOYING to prepare for, and is very underwhelming once you do fight it. The fight is particularly tricky, and is a difficulty spike in my eyes, (even on expert!). The previous fights were semi-predictable and had pretty normal sized bosses, then all of a sudden you have a boss as big as a biome firing lasers, minions, and whatever else. This boss is particularly devastating to melee and Yo-yo, especially the latter. Melee class can kind of cheese it with a Demon Fork, but a yo-yoer is done. There is no cheesing it, and the expert version doesn't help the case. Overall this boss is a difficulty spike, and not very fun. But, it is better than the queen bee because it's rewards are GODLY. Anyway, on to the bosses I actually like.

Number 13: Duke Fishron
Duke_Fishron_Mask.png

Get your weapons ready, because Duke Fishron is not even close to my favorite. I don't hate this boss, though, as it's attacks, while predictable, are very hard to dodge and require skill. This time, it's not a spike, however, as this boss is optional and comes when the bosses start to get a little crazy. The rewards are pretty nice too. My only problem is that the loot is EASILY replaceable and kind-of underwhelming for such a tough boss. Overall, the boss has fair difficulty, fun game-play, and so-so rewards.

Number 12: Eye of Cthulhu
Eye_of_Cthulhu_Mask.png

Aww yeah, Mr. Eye! In all seriousness, though, this boss is definitely a classic. The fight is FUN. The attacks are INCREDIBLY predictable, but it's to be expected from the (should-be) first boss. The attacks are a blast to dodge, and attacking it is very satisfying. This boss is on the easy side, but it's very early so its expected. The twist where it switches forms is very fun and keeps you alert (especially on expert mode). The boss' rewards are okay, but nothing incredibly useful. Overall, the boss is rather easy (but it's expected), very fun game-play, and average rewards.

Number 11: Brain of Cthulhu
Brain_of_Cthulhu_Mask.png

Before I begin, number 11 and 10 are very close, and it was hard to decide, so take this with a pinch of salt.
The Brain of Cthulhu is very.. odd. The boss is a chore to prepare, but very satisfying, so I can't decide if I like it. After some thought, I must say I do. The fight itself is surprisingly unpredictable for such an early boss, but it has low damage/health so it's balanced. The boss is very fun to kill, and the hungry are really fun to dodge. The 2nd stage is very fun, and the expert version is especially unique. The rewards for this boss are pretty good, and will help out melee characters alike. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the expert loot, which is garbage and generally worthless. Overall, this boss has fair difficulty, fun game-play, and good rewards.

Number 10: Eater of Worlds
Eater_of_Worlds_Mask.png

Coincidence? Maybe. The Eater of Worlds is a unique fight that really stands out. Through-out the game so far, worms were pests. They'd always knock you off platforms, and seemingly deliberately avoid coming near you just so you can listen to that obnoxious sound, then when you put your guard down, BAM! And you just wanted to rip them into little, tiny pieces. This boss allows you to have exactly that, and that automatically makes it satisfying. The boss isn't all that special to dodge, but is satisfying to hit (look at all those numbers!). The rewards are very good; the armor can help melee and ranged temporarily, and the expert loot is almost required, it's that good. Overall, fair difficulty, alright game-play, and excellent rewards.

Number 9: King Slime
Slime_Crown.png

One word: Fun! This boss is fun to dodge, fun to attack, fun to do anything, really. The rewards, while mediocre, are fun, and the fight is harder to make boring than to beat it. The attacks, while predictable, are so fun to dodge it's hard to notice. The rewards are actually mediocre, but still fun. The only real problem I can think of is the difficulty, which is way too easy. Overall, the boss is too easy, very, very fun, amazing game-play, and mediocre yet fun rewards.

Number 8: Lunatic Cultist
Ancient_Cultist_Mask.png

This boss, is underrated in my opinion. Sure, the attacks are predictable, and the fight is really easy, but still. The attacks are a joy to dodge, even more than King Slime. The design is also a bit of a foreshadow, and the attacks remind you of the classes. The rewards is essential to beating the game almost, and is used once you get it all the way to the end. This boss actually has little to say about it honestly, but it really is a good one. Overall, too easy, insanely fun, and godly reward(s).

Number 7: The Destroyer
Destroyer_Mask.png

Destroyer is very fun and challenging. It is the first real hardmode slap and sets you straight for the next battles, which I like. The difficulty, while even harder than the Wall, is there to make sure your prepared for the next few bosses. The actual fight is chaotic, and very intense. This boss probably shoots the most things at you in such a random fashion, its bound to cause some panic. The fight, while crazy, is pretty fun to try and avoid, and killing it is satisfying, too. The loot is very useful, and will help you get through the madness that is the jungle. Overall, hard difficulty (but there's a reason), very fun, and useful rewards (first boss with no problems!).

Number 6: Golem
Golem_Mask.png

Golem is downright addictive. It's attacks are a blast to dodge, and the difficulty is very fair. The rewards can help you until the Moon Lord, and the expert item is very versatile. Overall, fair difficulty, extremely fun, and godly rewards.

Number 5: Plantera
Plantera_Mask.png

Plantera is great. Really, really, great. Plantera is a boss that you can fight again, and again, and again its that fun. The rewards help out mages a LOT, and the difficulty is the perfect blend of hard and frustrating, and entertaining. Plantera is a blast to dodge, and the attacks are unpredictable and very intense. Preparing this boss can be a pain, but it's all made up for by how fun this fight is. Overall, perfect difficulty, fun, and useful rewards.

Number 4: Twins
Twin_Mask.png

This fight is definitely one of the most unique. All the bosses you had fought (or will fight) only had one killable target. This, is suddenly thrown out the window, and you get the twins. This fight is the Eye of Cthulhu's fun times two.. literally. Dodging both eyes at once is a juggling act and bound to keep you on your toes. The difficulty is just as solid as the previous fight, but still giving a bit more to prepare you. The rewards are very useful, like Destroyer. Overall, solid difficulty, insanely fun, and amazing rewards.

CopperCoin.gif
CopperCoin.gif
CopperCoin.gif
Number 3: Skeletron
Skeletron_Mask.png
CopperCoin.gif
CopperCoin.gif
CopperCoin.gif

Skeletron! What more do I need to say? Skeletron is by far one of the most addictive fights in the whole game. The fight is great, and his attacks cycle very smoothly. The difficulty is PERFECT. It sets you straight, goes a little crazy, then calms, and repeats. This allows you to get in a 'rhythm' and makes you anticipate the difficulty increase, while also making sure you're still dodging. The reward is great, and the dungeon is something you use until endgame. Overall, perfect difficulty, excellent game-play, and perfect reward. What could be much better? Well...

SilverCoin.gif
SilverCoin.gif
SilverCoin.gif
Number 2: Moon Lord
Moon_Lord_Mask.png
SilverCoin.gif
SilverCoin.gif
SilverCoin.gif

The Moon Lord is like Skeletron, but with an added ounce of stunning. This boss is impressive. It takes everything Skeletron did right, and expanded it in one memorable finale. The boss is so intense your computer mouse will break from all the sweat coming off your hand. The difficulty is REALLY hard, but it forces you to put your skills to the test, and is very satisfying (I use that word a lot lol). The difficulty stays 11/10 throughout the whole battle, and there isn't once you take your game face off. The rewards are great, and fun. Although not very useful (as there's nothing left to do after him), that's not the boss' fault. Overall, extreme difficulty, so fun you don't even know if your playing Terraria anymore, and fun rewards. Now, from process of elimination, you can figure out that..

GoldCoin.gif
GoldCoin.gif
GoldCoin.gif
NUMBER 1: Skeletron Prime
Skeletron_Prime_Mask.png
GoldCoin.gif
GoldCoin.gif
GoldCoin.gif

I'm sorry, but this is my favorite boss, by far. It's Skeletron's fun factor, but increases it so much that it's literally perfection. There is nothing wrong with this boss, and I mean NOTHING. Perfect difficulty, perfect fun factor, perfect rewards, literally Terraria's highest point (or at least in my opinion). It's odd how my favorite boss has so little to say, it's just a flawless fight that has nothing wrong with it. Overall, PERFECTION.

Wow, that took me a while to write. :p
Well that's my list, what about yours?

wut i hate golem and love queen bee
[doublepost=1483418659,1483418633][/doublepost]
wut i hate golem and love queen bee
queen bee easy and fun i just spam holy hand grenades

In my opinion, of course, but here is my list, including event bosses

15) Brain of Cthulhu: I love the crimson, absolutely adore it, but I think the boss was a bit, mediocre... A biome of literal flesh and guts with mobs to match deserves a harder boss, but the BoC is a cakewalk as it lets you kick its butt on stage two, the expert fight is slightly redeeming but the reward just ruins any redeeming feature it could have.

14) Lunar Cultist: The dungeons second boss is slightly underwhelming, and while I understand its meant to test your ability to ensure you are ready for the pillars, but it should really have some loot to it other than mask and trophy, I do like its attacks though.

13) Destroyer: You would think a boss called the Destroyer would have more potency to it, and while on expert its a threat, it is easily countered with a safety box and a bit of honey with the Daedelus Stormbow. I do like how the probes mean you need to focus on more than just the floor of enemy though.

12) Dark Mage: First event boss and its from the DD event! The dark mage may have some decent drops, unlike the last three, but I feel its attacks are underwhelming when compared to Betsy and Ogre, do like its trophy though...

11) Skeletron : Past this point, I am beginning to put thought into this. Skeletron is a great concept, the master of the dungeon and the one thing preventing you from venturing down there, but its demeaning feature is the same as the Cultist, lack of drops. While the Book of Skulls is a nice item, thats it... Trophy is lack luster compared to most others and the mask is too similar to the Skull item... and dont get me started on the bone glove, and while I like how his time limit is more dangerous, its still mediocre.

10) Queen Bee: I adore the queenie, as a concept but she is predictable due to her attack pattern and while her drops are good, they are lack luster when it comes to effects, for example, the Beekeeper inflicts confused, which makes killing more difficult and isnt applied to bosses. Love the bee mount and Witch Doctor though.

9) Mourning Wood: While I like its attacks, when it comes to the later waves, where the drops actually drop, you usually ignore it to go for the big Pumpking and his improved drops, making the spooky wood harder to get. But its drops have potential, so I will give it that.

8) Golem: Bloomin' heck, the gateway to endgame and its so easy! Golem becomes a coin farm and is easy to access, but the picksaw, sunstone and possessed hatchet are really good weapons.

7) Flying Dutchman: Oh boy the pirate boss, and while it is decent for the trophy and the fact that it continuously drops pirates and has a slightly higher chance on some drops, it is one of the most mediocre event bosses out there, but the concept is cool though.

6) Eye of Cthulhu: Now for the tough choices. This boss is the intro to the concept of them and punishes anyone unprepared for expert mode, but it doesnt drop a weapon of any kind! Binoculars and shield of cthulhu are cool though, the trophy shows you tore the tooth from its very jaw and mask looks cool.

5) Duke Fishron: Oh dukey, you would be higher on this list if not for the fact that I could experience all of your fight for myself, thats right folks, the one boss I have never slain is the Duke Fishron and it embarrasses me! But I do admit the fact that he killed someone in full beetle and endgame weapons is cool and I have seen him as one of the toughest bosses with the most rewarding loot!

4) Goblin Sorcerer: The goblin army is a decent intro to invasions, but the hardmode goblin sorcerer is one of my favourite event bosses and she is only because of her drops! The shadowflame stuff is worth the effort if you get it at the start of hardmode, especially the bow and knife. Shame she doesnt have a trophy like the dutchman though...

3) Betsy: Dear god the flying monstrosity of the DD event is one heck of a boss, with her different attacks and the fact that she is a distraction from the ground action, plus she has everything a boss should have, from decent trophy, cool drops and nice mask. Only issue I have with her is her accessibility!

2) Plantera: Jungle Guardian swooping in at two here and what a boss! Her attacks are devastating when you are new and when you are prepared she can still get the drop on you. Her drops are mostly worth it and she is worth slaying every time, her music is phenomenal and unlike queenie, she isnt optional. The only issue I have with her is in one of her weapons... the Seedler. While the Seedler is cool, its underwhelming and inaccurate. The Axe is cool though, so that helps.

1) Twins: You never saw this coming! Twins are my favourite because while they dont have drops, they make up for it with not only the summon and the potential for double trophies, but the difficulty spike from the destroyer is great! (I fight in order Destroyer, Twins, Prime) They also have a personal reason, everytime I have fought them, they came from opposite directions! This may not sound like much but they also came at different times, one spawned further away, meaning I was neck deep in cursed fire before Retinazer appeared and took me by surprise. Fights with the twins are great fun and show the importance of movement and prioritising targets.

If a boss didnt appear on this list, it mostly means it appeared between two numbers, for example, Pirate Captain is somewhere between Golem and Dutchman, since he comes out like the worlds slowest bat out of hell and takes you by surprise.

Also, I should mention Skeletron Prime tied with the twins.

If I had to list them in an order from worst to best it would be something like this.

15. Queen Bee. It is not that I hate the boss by any means, it is that I don't fight her that much, and like stated before the rewards aren't really worth it. I also have a personal vendetta against Honeyed Goggles. She is also pretty underwhelming compared to some other bosses, and I would prefer to fight another boss rather than run through the jungle for her. Hive Pack isn't too good, to be honest.

14. King Slime. Like with Queen Bee I don't hate the boss, I just don't fight them that much. Although they are a good boss to just enjoy yourself, rewards might not be that good, but he is a great stress reliever. I don't have much to say about the expert item as it is only useful in certain situations.

13. Wall of Flesh. He is always a pain for me to fight because of my need to build large hell bridges and the mass amounts of lava-based creatures down there. I am more annoyed by hell bats than anything else, well besides another creature, but that's not important. His expert mode item is godly, the Demon Heart giving you an extra accessory slot is great. He can be underwhelming if you have enough preparation, but can also be hard if you don't take into consideration your environment. So overall, okay boss, good rewards, and the start of the difficulty spike of hardmode.

12. Lunatic Cultist. While I do quite enjoy the idea of him, and how he summons the pillars after his defeat. Something about the boss isn't awfully memorable for me, probably because Moon Lord certainly is something special, and the pillars are quite a bit harder for me. He currently has no expert mode item, as his bag is unobtainable. I find he is more an introduction to endgame, intended to show you how much harder the challenge ahead is going to be. While he might not be memorable for me, he certainly makes his intended impact on the player.

11. Eye of Cthulhu. To me, this boss has always been a joy to fight, whenever I get the message he is watching I don't mind stopping what I am doing to have a fight with him. His Expert mode variant with faster attacks is a lot harder to deal with when starting from scratch, and his item truly is worth it for the early game, as it is a weapon as well as an accessory. Also the first boss I ever fought, so he certainly means something to me in comparison to everyone below him.

10. Brain of Cthulhu. While taking on a more interesting attack style to his counterpart for the Corruption he is kind of special to me in more than one way. He is the first boss that caused me to panic a whole lot more than needed because of his teleporting and fast speeds. While not as close to my heart as the corrupt counterpart he still is an interesting boss fight, and quite a bit different from what I expected of him initially. His expert mode item isn't great, but I honestly don't mind, he's fun either way.

9. Skeletron. Second highest ranking of the pre-hardmode bosses, and the one that I honestly have the most fun with. His attack patterns and the way he attacks is very fun to react to, mainly when you are able to jump over his hands and avoid his head. I haven't done a throwing playthrough so his expert mode item isn't all too great for me, but I enjoy every time I fight him. Often find myself unable to stop smiling, and playing the game during his section of pre-hardmode.

8. Eater of Worlds. My favorite of the pre-hardmode bosses, and one of the few that made an impact on me majorly. I started playing this game when I was getting out of my bad fanmade characters, and mary sue stage. This boss, and it's hardmode variant are the ones that sprouted a character of mine known as Relo, an Eater of Worlds turned Destroyer. It also caused me to gain a friend that I have had since then, and still, do, the boss means so much to me. The fight can be easy depending on the tools you use, but the worm of the corruption stands as a classic for those who played the old days of Terraria back when the Crimson didn't exist.

7. The Twins. My least favorite hardmode boss, and the one I have the most trouble with. The Twins are a great concept and fight, but quite the tough one for a player relatively new to hardmode. While you can fight these bosses in any order it is possible that these two will spawn your first night, or be the first boss that spawns in hardmode. The fight with them is always fun, and awfully chaotic compared to earlier fights like Wall of Flesh or the regular Eye of Cthulhu. One being focused on fire, and the other on lasers is a great way to show the two have different strategies for taking you out.
Spazmatism charges for you directly spitting fire and causing impact damage to the unsuspecting player. While Retinazer is the more tactical about its approach always staying out of reach, and blasting you with lasers from a horizontal or vertical angle. Overall great hardmode boss, good useful drops, and a solid way to show how the player should be a bit more careful. Expert mode item is a different story because it is part of a set, and is useless without the other parts.

6. Golem. While normally I would feel bad about placing him this low, I often forget he is ever around. As the only boss I ever really jungle dive for is the one before him, and the temple he is in is annoying to get through. Golem himself is an interesting fight, as he is one of the only bosses to account for the terrain instead of phasing through it like a ghost. His first phase is a bit slow, and uninteresting if you don't have a way to make it go fast. Though is the second phase is more interesting because of the fact that his head shoots lasers that go through walls, making tricks like hiding behind walls a lot less effective. Shiny stone is a great item for things that require you to stand still but is still a bit bad after having to go through all that.

5. Moon Lord. He might be the final boss of the game and meant to be the hardest, but in no way is this fight enjoyable for me. I haven't been able to kill him since the health regen patch, and he is just overly hard to me. A lot of people might say that my dislike for him does not make him a worse boss, but when you play the game casually, and then one way to beat something impossible is removed it really makes you hate that boss. Never have I ever gotten so mad at any boss in this game. Although he is visually captivating, and a very interesting choice for a final boss, he is nowhere near my favorite, and probably never will be.
His expert mode items are also garbage, case closed.

4. Duke Fishron. The Duke was a fun experience for me, and I will never look down upon the boss for being too easy or hard. His expert mode variant is a step up with him gaining a second form and much more challenge than before. He was originally meant to be a joke of some kind but made it into the game anyways adding to our already diverse boss list. The new fish-pig-dragon boss was a sight to behold for many, and him being an optional boss made it all better, you didn't have to fight him if you didn't want to. I enjoy him from normal to expert mode and love the shrimpy truffle, a good boss with nice drops, as well as a good challenge for someone who wants one.

3. Skeletron Prime. The entry on this list I had the most fun with other than number one, Prime has always been a blast for me just like the other hardmode bosses. His sporadic attack patterns and sudden movement make him my second favorite of the bunch. His added arms give him more choices of attack and even more ways to surprise you than before. He is the toughest of the three hardmode mech bosses and will give you the most trouble if unprepared. His expert mode variation is little more than a damage, and defense boost, but with a mass 158 damage on impact when colliding with his spinning head, I guess you could say he's harder.
Expert mode item is the same as the other mech bosses and is useless without the others.

2. Plantera. The bright flower boss of the jungle who bares an awesome battle theme, and a terrible temper above the ground. Plantera is my favorite post mech boss, and will always remain that way because of my first fight with them. I was unaware of Plantera's rage mode because of lack of information at the time they were released so I ended up beating them on less than one hundred health for the first time, while they were angry. The plant made an impact on me because it reminded me that the game only got harder from here, and to not believe I was invincible because I wasn't. Far from it actually.
The weapons are all great in their own way, and the expert mode item can be good for if you have to go AFK in an expert world, as it will fend off most creatures from you just standing still.

1. Destroyer. My favorite mech boss, and the favorite in general, the giant robot worm will always mean more to me than the rest. Not only because of Relo but because of the pure awe I was in the first time, I saw him in the trailer. At that time I was young and very interested in a lot of things from mechs to other stuff. I thought Destroyer was really hard for a time and enjoyed fighting him every time I did, just having fun watching the animations, as well as dodging the lasers from the massive worm. While there are some strategies that make him easier than Prime and the other hardmode bosses, it is that special place he holds in my heart that places him at the top of my list.
The final part of the expert mode item, the mechanical cart, the best minecart in the game, and the best for using rails because it attacks. The three mech bosses make a good expert mode item for exploring the caves, a perfect fit for something mechanical.

Lots of event bosses rank in between these, and can really vary depending on how much I have fought them. Certain ones aren't even placed because I haven't fought them. *Cough Cough* Old One's army. *Cough* Also while I do not really like the difficulty on Moon Lord I understand it, they didn't want it to be able to be cheated, but it is overly rough on casuals, and feels purely for the hardcore people, at least to me.

15. Queen Bee - The reason this is so low on the list is due to the kind of dull fighting style and out of nowhere appearance. And the fact that it can spawn out of nowhere due to natural world generation screwing over you and breaking the pod. However the drops are very neat and the bee gun is very fun to use.

14. Brain Of Cthulhu - Why so low? Well I though it was okay. Not bad, but okay. I'm not a big fan of the Crimson anyway.

13. King Slime - I love ninjas. However this boss fight is charming, and that's all it has going for it. However the ninja clothing is awesome.

12. Eater Of Worlds - I always liked this fight. However after fighting it for the... maybe 3rd time... it gets boring. However the Eater Of Worlds is a great concept and drops the loot required to advanced to the next tier of equipment.

11. Duke Fishron - I originally though this was an April Fools joke when it was introduced (which it originally was). This boss fight is so ridiculous, the concept, the sharknadoes, pig demons, etc. This fight is fun and I do like it very much. The loot is also great. However there are better fights to be had.

10. Eye Of Cthulhu - The classic boss of Terraria. A very close boss to me and I always remember me jumping into the Eye and dying first try. This boss is fun, and depending on your skill, you can just throw knives at him with no armor 100 HP and win.

9. Skeletron - Average Nintendo boss cliche design aside, this boss is very fun to fight and is quite a difficulty spike compared to other bosses. At the time fighting the boss you probably don't have sustainable flying gear (except for Rocket Boots, but those only give a short boost), so you have to reflex around Skeletron's arms and strike when he's spinning. Taking out the arms is a good idea, however if you are a daredevil or doing a speedkill you can ignore those completely and go for the skull. This boss is really the Clothier, and that makes it all the better!

8. Golem - The Golem of the Lizhard temple, worshiped by it's people, and a giant machine of sun glory. This boss is always fun to fight, and is truly enjoyed with weapons with bouncing projectiles (due to the area you fight him in). If you want an extra challenge, you can leave the traps be and do a room of death style fight. The golem on his second phase departs his head from body and becomes overly agrresive. This boss is the key to the lunar event and is very enjoyable to fight. The loot he drops is also very useful.

7. Moon Lord - The final boss of Terraria, the final foe, and isn't my number one. Doesn't mean this boss is truly a lord though. The buildup to this boss is truly tense and after defeating all the pillars, the world numbs, and the Moon Lord appears! This boss is very hard and rewarding. The first phase is great and truly challenging. The laser is one of my mortal enemies. After all the TRUE eyes of Cthulhu are taken out, you have to go to the core. Occasionally the moon lord will leech from you. Kill the returning leeches after he hooks on you and he won't be healed. After you defeat him, he bursts into light and drops the best gear. Overall a great fight, however too frustrating and eye straining to be my top 5.

6. Plantera - The music alone would make it number 1. This boss is a major key into progression. The fight is intense and requires you to thoroughly plan ahead in order to have a smooth time fighting this boss. Don't try leaving the underground jungle either, as Plantera gets harder! The second phase is really intimidating and tense. The loot Plantera drops is well worth it. Overall this boss is truly rocking!

5. The Twins - Think the Eye Of Cthulhu was hard? Well you shouldn't even be playing Hardmode anyway. Or fighting an Eater Of Souls. The Twins are a pair of eyes, now making the eye truly comprehend depth. And so does this fight. Retinazor shoots lasers. Spazmatism shoots flames. However these two make a deadly combo. The second phase shows how there are with the mechanical boss family. Acrobatics and movement is almost always required when tackling this boss. This boss is great, and while the weakest of the Mechanical bosses in my opinion, is still a night to remember.

4. Lunatic Cultist - An actual boss that's the same size as you! Crazy, huh. This fight always brings something new to the table and requires quick thinking and precise movement. And making the wrong choice can determine your fate. When the Lunatic Cultist is defeated, he has already summoned Cthulhu and his minions are ready to strike fear into the citizens of your world!

3. The Destroyer - Man this boss is fun. One of my all time favorites. Laser heaven, probes which give hope, and the overall emphasis on using the best weapon that can dish out the most dps is a blast. The design is epic, the music is epic, and now has way more replay value! Also unfortunately this boss is always the target of speedkills. Feels bad, doesn't it?

2. Skeletron Prime - My favorite mech boss, and for good reason. His design is the best, and he packs a punch. His fight is truly tense, and the time when he's most vulnerable (when he is spinning), is now when he buffs up with better defense! This fight really emphasizes taking out the arms (four of them to be exact), which all do different and unique attacks. Overall this fight is my second favorite. But what is my most favorite?

1. Wall Of Flesh - Sometimes our friends can be our worst foes. There is a lot of lore surrounding this boss, and how the guide holds the souls of night and light, and the only way to release these souls is to fight his true form. This boss is terrifying. So terrifying, you can't escape. This boss is fought in the Underworld. Depending on how well you prepared, is how much you will suffer. The true enemy is the arena. The Wall of Flesh constantly moves, and requires you to stay ahead. If you take too long, you will be crushed by the Wall and the border of the world, so do it quick! And not to say the Wall always stays slow, he gets faster the more you progress through the fight. He is the key to Hardmode, and some of our favorite biomes! This boss battle is my favorite, and always stays in my heart as one of the hardest and most rewarding. What a true terror.

And those are my favorite bosses in order.

15. Martian Saucer - Though it is being very hard, it does give some really good items including Cosmic Car Key, Laser Drill & Influx Waver
14. Betsy - Possibility of dropping Flying Dragon, which is one of my favorite weapons.
13. Dark Mage - Gato & Dragon are some of my favorite pets.
12. Wall of Flesh - Hardmode, also Pwnhammer & Emblems helped me a lot during early hardmode
11. Queen Bee - Bee Keeper & Bee's Knees are my favorite pre-hardmode weapons.
10. Eye of Cthulu - It's really fun to fight in expert mode, as its second form in expert mode acts like a Dukefishron, also all you need is a boomerang weapon and some good armor to defeat it.
9. Duke Fishron - It's very fun to fight
8. Moon Lord - It's also less fun to fight than Dukefishron, but I put it here because of drops.
7. Golem - Golem basically unleashes extreme mode--Martians, Cultists, Lunar Events, etc.
6. Skeletron - Allows access to the dungeon, as the dungeon holds various of useful items and the mechanic is found there which is one of the most useful NPCs in my opinion
5. Solar Pillar - This inparticular pillar is really helpful, as you get Solar Eruption, one of few weapons to go through walls.
4. Stardust Pillar - Stardust Dragon FTW
3. Skeletron Prime - It's my favorite mechanical boss, one of my favorite fights of all time.
2. Pumpking - It's skeletron as a pumpkin! It was hilarious the first time I saw this boss.
1. Plantera - The Axe, Flower Pow, Access to the Temple, Access to fighting the Golem, Thorn Hook, Cyborg which sells rockets, drops more rockets and it's so fun to fight. Also, music!

Last edited:
15. Queen Bee - Oh look she shoots bees out of her :red:!

14. Everscream - Nice tree not gonna lie

13. Golem - Pushover. Ironic. The boss with some of the biggest hands is the one being pushed around

12. Brain of Cthulhu - The Mechanics of this boss are interesting, but he is somewhat of a pushover (like literally stab him with a spear and he blasts backwards)

11. Twins - Oh god that theme accompanies the bosses so well

10. Ogre - WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP!

9. Moon Lord - EPIC final boss. In the ranking of difficulty, i would put it above plantera and below duke Fishron

8. Skeletron - Despite being like the 3rd boss in the game he is still a pretty cool enemy

7. Duke Fishron - Its a fish pig dragon thing idk i just kinda like how hard it is

6. The Destroyer - The destroyer of NPCs as i like to call it

5. - Martian Saucer - OHMYGOD. Total bullet hell, or, laser hell i guess

4. Lunatic Cultist - What a terrible little creature

3. Betsy - Essentially a bigger Duke Fishron

2. Eater of Worlds - This is the first boss in game that just nails you with the fact that the games bosses aren’t just menial enemies: they are real challenges

1. Plantera - Cool looks, amazing music, awesome drops, shes got it all

Back
Top Bottom