Terraria: Twenty Million Strong & Counting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1105 hours here, and counting lol.

Though sometimes I end up getting bored of a playthrough, but that just means I haven't waited long enough since the last... and I'm also waiting on 1.3.6... which I know should be really nice.

That is awesome! Congratulations! Please, keep up this awesomeness too and adding more and more. The game is great! I have it on my Xbox360 and on PC.

I haven't watched the original trailer in years, and having just rewatched it, I still found myself getting excited. A lot of people act like the game was just unplayable before all the updates, but the original release is still the most charming to me and holds a special place in my heart. A great sandbox and adventure at any version.

I have been playing this game off and on since 2011. I've put well above 1000 hours into it. I bought it on a Steam sale for.... $2.50!!! I immediately bought a second copy for my mother in law, with whom I play the game every year (sometimes 2 rounds per year). Never have I played a game so many hours in my life.
We're now playing expert mode and having a blast (and getting our butts handed to us).

Thank you, thank you, thank you (for the continued support, not for the butts :dryadwink:)

Greetings, Terrarians!

We wanted to take a few moments today to share and celebrate a pretty big milestone with all of you: as of the end of 2016, Terraria has surpassed the 20,000,000 copies sold mark! Since it's launch in May 2011, our 2D sandbox adventure has come a long way - and we owe so much of that to the amazingly strong and loyal support of each member of our community. To say that we are ecstatic about how our little game has grown - in content, in quality, and in success - is putting it mildly!

We wanted to share a few fun facts about how Terraria has evolved over time below, but before we get to that, the entire team would like to say a massive THANK YOU to all of you for making all of this possible. It has been a pleasure to have all of you along on the journey thus far, and we are really looking forward to continuing down that path. Terraria is a game - and a franchise - that has so much life left in it, and we cannot wait to share those plans with you in the months and years to come.

We would also be remiss if we did not send a huge thanks to our fantastic partners at 505 Games - without whom Console and Mobile would never have happened!

kdcROYP.png

Terraria Fun Facts
Launch: May 2011
  • PC Only
  • ~250 Items
  • 6 NPCs (7 if you count the Old Man ;) )
  • 20 Enemies
  • 3 Bosses
  • 10 Biomes
  • Game "ended" with the Dungeon, explorable upon defeating the final boss of the game at the time, Skeletron

Today
  • ~20.5 Million Copies Sold (8.5m alone in the 18 months since 1.3 on PC!)
  • Available across one of the widest arrays of gaming platforms of any game ever: PC/Mac/Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS VITA, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon mobile devices
  • ~3,800 Items
  • 25 NPCs (26 if you count the Old Man ;) )
  • ~350 Enemies
  • 16 Bosses (plus 9 mini-bosses!)
  • 27 Biomes (Plus a number of "mini-biomes" such as Pyramids or Living Trees)
  • Handful of Optional "Events" (The Moons, Invasions, etc)
  • Game "ends" with Moonlord, though optional content remains
  • Expert Mode for those with the skills to take on the ultimate Challenge!
  • Numerous Quality of Life Improvements (Too many to mention, really!)
  • ....and we still have more planned to come your way!
kdcROYP.png

Check out the first official game play trailer from 2011 compared to our last trailer (circa 1.3 launch in 2015). We've come a long way!

The future remains bright for Terrarians as well - with Console 1.3 just around the corner, Mobile 1.3 right behind that, and even more tidbits that we are not quite ready to share (yes, that includes an update on the status of Otherworld - but let's save that for another day and just have fun celebrating this milestone :) ).

So, we will close again by thanking each and every one of you that have supported us along the way and we hope that you are looking forward to - and will be right here alongside us for - all of the amazing experiences that are yet to come.

Here's to 20,000,000....and the next 20,000,000!
CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you devs for this best game.25,000,000 will come i hope it.This is my favorite game in my Entire Life.

this is awesome! me and my siblings love the game and we are glad to see it come this far, and we are excited to see where its going, keep up the good work guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom