PC Terraria unable to load "Large"-Size Maps.

b1

Golem
Hey there, ever since a few weeks my Terraria seems to not be able to load Large Worlds correctly.

Every time I try to load my old world it says "load failed" and crashes with this error message:

ca3542d2c3.png

It's bugging the heck out of me and I hope someone can come up with a solution, can provide further information if needed.

Your system doesn't have enough memory available. You might be able to get it to work by closing any unneeded programs that are also using memory (web browsers, mail programs, media players, etc.) but the only real solution may be to install more RAM in your PC.

Your system doesn't have enough memory available. You might be able to get it to work by closing any unneeded programs that are also using memory (web browsers, mail programs, media players, etc.) but the only real solution may be to install more RAM in your PC.
Thanks for the quick reply... I currently have 16GB of RAM on my PC and Terraria used to work perfectly for me before.

As long as you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, that's plenty, but Terraria is a 32-bit application and can still run into issues since it's limited to 2GB of address space. Loading a large world shouldn't take up anywhere near 2GB though. Is it crashing as soon as the world loads, or can you move around for a bit before it crashes? Is it happening with any newly generated generated world, or a world in particular?

It might be helpful to bring up Task Manager to see where memory's being allocated, if it's in Terraria.exe or somewhere else. I've run into issues where some world features can cause XNA to run out of memory and crash, but the error looks a bit different than that.

If you haven't done so already, it probably wouldn't hurt to do the normal procedures -- verify game cache in Steam, reinstall/repair XNA, reinstall/repair .NET.

As long as you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, that's plenty, but Terraria is a 32-bit application and can still run into issues since it's limited to 2GB of address space. Loading a large world shouldn't take up anywhere near 2GB though. Is it crashing as soon as the world loads, or can you move around for a bit before it crashes? Is it happening with any newly generated generated world, or a world in particular?

It might be helpful to bring up Task Manager to see where memory's being allocated, if it's in Terraria.exe or somewhere else. I've run into issues where some world features can cause XNA to run out of memory and crash, but the error looks a bit different than that.

If you haven't done so already, it probably wouldn't hurt to do the normal procedures -- verify game cache in Steam, reinstall/repair XNA, reinstall/repair .NET.
It crashes while trying to load up the world, at the part where it is "resetting the world" it first goes "loading failed" and than it crashes to the screenshot above, I've tried to close some recording applications I use for youtube videos and some other stuff not really needed and it seems to work now, don't know if this was really the cause or if it will happen again but I'll try to close stuff through taskmanager first and than load it up in the future. Also reinstalled .net and verified game cache before and it doesn't seem to change anything.

Back
Top Bottom