Portfolio/Multi-Topic Terraria Update Idea: Ancient Laboratory/Buried Apocalypse Shelter

What should the name of the lab be?

• Total voters
I l
Also I have been thinking lately (sorry for the unrelated post) why is there not an extra buff style item for melee?
We have the ammo box for ranged damage
and the crystal ball (claryvoiance) for mage
But no melee!!!!!
What about a sword sharpener?
[DOUBLEPOST=1419902401][/DOUBLEPOST]
Definitely, the merge between two styles makes this game so unique and interesting to play!
[DOUBLEPOST=1419902612][/DOUBLEPOST]DIscussions of this becoming a mod are now occuring[/QUOTE
I like the way you think

I love the idea of a secret lab or nuclear refuge, it could be in one edge of the map (that way it wouldn't be a nuisance for all the time til you can actually enter)

The key could have a mold (drop of any frost moon monster with a really low change, really low) like the biome chests keys.

For the boss could be something like a big mutated monkey (animal experimentation that goes terrible wrong) (for the trophy I recommend less green around it and more coming out of the test tube for a more dangerous looking trophy)

For drops could be a cryo-flamethrower-thing for Rangers (inflicts chilled and frostburn)
A giant monkey hand for a grappling hook
Frozen grenades (tooltip: used for controlling rioting experiments)

I love the idea of a secret lab or nuclear refuge, it could be in one edge of the map (that way it wouldn't be a nuisance for all the time til you can actually enter)

The key could have a mold (drop of any frost moon monster with a really low change, really low) like the biome chests keys.

For the boss could be something like a big mutated monkey (animal experimentation that goes terrible wrong) (for the trophy I recommend less green around it and more coming out of the test tube for a more dangerous looking trophy)

For drops could be a cryo-flamethrower-thing for Rangers (inflicts chilled and frostburn)
A giant monkey hand for a grappling hook
Frozen grenades (tooltip: used for controlling rioting experiments)
Wow I absolutely love the idea of the key having a mold!!!!!!!
I'm not so sure about the boss looking like a monkey style thing tho.
I was thinking either the shape of a legit virus:
Virus3.jpg

Or a gelatinus green blob with one eye in the center, and one of its attacks would be rapidly splitting up and bouncing around the room erraticly.

Wow I absolutely love the idea of the key having a mold!!!!!!!
I'm not so sure about the boss looking like a monkey style thing tho.
I was thinking either the shape of a legit virus:
Virus3.jpg

Or a gelatinus green blob with one eye in the center, and one of its attacks would be rapidly splitting up and bouncing around the room erraticly.

Looks promising a virus boss, but how would you battle it?
What about it taking the room walls and spreading but your attacks make it shrink. Also it launch some spores that acts like plantera's spiky balls.... Or something like that, I don't know

I have been thinking hard about anything the terraria team needs or should add to the game. I came up with an idea, but I am unable to settle upon a name. Reply with what you guys think a good name is.
This update would be absolutely huge and would add new blocks, items/accessories/weapons, furniture, npc, enemies, a new key, and (optional) could shift your world into extra-hard-mode. It would also add a boss to the game.
KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS ONLY A SUGGESTION!

Name Ideas so far:
Ancient Laboratory
2. Buried Apocalypse Shelter
3. Lost CDC (Center For Disease Control)

What is it:
This would be a special area about the size of the lizard temple. It is buried randomly deep in the cave level in a random place under the grass biome the player spawns in. It would be this hard to find because the player who is willing to take on this masterful challenge must be somewhat too OP for regular hard-mode.
What it is made of:
The regular block that will border the whole lab is called carbon-plutonium alloy #1241 (number of current update)

A concept for the design of it is:
View attachment 17314
Although this is far too large and not detailed it is only a concept. ------(The blue and red blocks could blink)

The wall design would be something like this:
View attachment 17315

These blocks/door can only be broken with the special pick dropped by the labs boss.

Furniture:
A new door would be in order, this door would originally be locked.
It has a steel design, with bars and chains around it.
However, when the door is unlocked the chains fall off and then fade away. The key is sold by the merchant for 10 platinum coins only during a solar eclipse while all 20 boss trophies are in the players inventory (not including quest trophies). This key can only be bought once per world. Once the door has been opened a green message similar to the one found when hard-mode is entered, will appear on the bottom of the players screen.
It will read: Beware the ancient contaminant...

After the door is unlocked the player may enter.

The layout will be a maze like area similar to the lizard temple (slowly winding downwards) but it will be much neater and more organized. Perhaps new light sources could be added, but they must all flicker on and off spookily. There could be furniture like every other theme, but made with steel and made to look scientific. There could also be extras added, like blood stains on certain walls and piles of green goo splattered on the floor. (even broken doors.)

Traps:
three new traps:
1. Laser traps
2. Shock blocks
3. Gas pipe leaks

...they all correspond to lizard temple traps. (gas to flame trap, laser to super dart, and shock blocks to spiky balls)
They do 1.75 times the damage of the trap they correspond to. So gas traps would do 70 base damage.
To balance out the high damage there would be no critical strikes.

Enemies:
I think four new enemies could be added to this lab.

One would be a dismembered soul: This is just a crawling arm or leg that is green. 250 health 30 defense and 75 damage. drops nothing special
The second would be the infected researcher. This would be essentially a zombie in a lab coat. 300 health 50 defense 50 damage. Only drops a banner.
Third: Infected researcher variation 1. This a zombie in a yellow hazmat suit (for fun). same stats as infected researcher, but has 100 defense because of the suit. It drops a banner and a vanity hazmat suit set. (low chance)
The last enemy is a mutated infectazoid. This is a giant green bulging and squishy style enemy that can move slow, has 1000 health, but can to 100 damage. It acts similarly to the paladin. It would attack by throwing an arm at the player or something else: Comment suggestions.

Main Lab:
This is a large room at the end of the final hall of the lab. It could be about 50 blocks tall and 100 blocks long. Before entering upon this area, you pass through two thick acuted walls into an area that looks like a decontamination chamber into a large room that looks very scientific and CDC themed. In the middle of the room there is one object:
It is a blue neon lit up power cell machine.

Boss:
This boss is summoned with the blue power cell, it can be summoned unlimited times.

When summoned this reads at the bottom of the screen.
The Virus has been released!
Name idea : THE VIRUS
I have yet to come up with what this boss would look like but it could maybe have a new debuff or be a multiplying boss like lepus. It can not pass through blocks. This boss would have 100,000 health 100 defense and could deal around 300 damage (no defense).
Drops:
Just some ideas for boss drops.

Virus Trophy
View attachment 17375
10% drop chance it is supposed to look like a green goo filled test tube that is overflowing.

Virus Mask
- I have yet to make a design for the mask because I haven't designed the boss itself. 5% drop chance

Syringe
View attachment 17377
This is a fun vanity weapon that does 55 damage and inflicts the bleeding de-buff. Its tooltip would be:
'When in doubt, give an injection!' 6.67% drop chance

Health Pack: An Accessory
View attachment 17379
This accessory adds an extra 20% of a players health permanently while equipped. It could even be crafted with the adhesive bandage to create a first aid kit accessory that has the same stats as both combined. 6.67% drop chance

True Death Sickle

Just like the original death sickle with increased damage and life steal like vampire knives. It could also inflict a debuff. 2.5% drop chance.

A New Pickaxe
This pick would be strong enough to destroy carbon-plutonium alloy #1241 blocks.
It could have a special name but I am unsure of what to call it at this time.

Reply With Any Ideas on other drops!!

After the Viruses defeat:

When the virus is defeated for the first time a message could appear on the bottom of your screen:
The contamination has been expelled throughout (name of world).
The player has just entered the Extra-Hard-Mode.

Also an Npc can be found in this lab: The CDC Doctor.

He randomly spawns in the lab at anytime. You must have unlocked the door for him to spawn.

Originally he is labeled as: Infected Doctor and is walking around and will look like this: (notice the infected limb)View attachment 17382 Sorry for the large image

Like other trapped npcs, eg. bound wizard. You must free him. However instead of freeing an option comes up to 'cure him'
Once cured he will take of his mask and look like this:
View attachment 17383

He is now like any other npc, except he will move into the same house as the nurse.

Possible Names: I was thinking references to the walking dead: (the theme of the lab)

Carl
Shane
Rick
Hershel
Darryl
Merle
Dale
Jim
Glenn
Morgan

Quotes:

'My head may be small, but the infection was blind'

'(name of arms dealer) is trying to steal (name of nurse) from me!'

'Check yourself, before you infect yourself'

'I'm surprised you made it this far!

'Watch the biters!'

I need suggestions for more names.

What Could He Sell!!!!!!
you guys tell me. I need lots of feedback and suggestions from you.

Please give me any feedback. Keep in mind that this should be zombie apocalypse/ancient research lab themed!

Thank you.

Just try not to make it into star boundstar bound

I think if it is going to be a virus boss it would be like an upgraded version of the golem.
Its attacks are obviously touch damage (if the player touches the boss) which would be very high.
Next it would be able to quickly strike you with one of its legs at a time, it has a total of 10 legs, but this would have high knockback and be extremely quick.
Next its head can throw green flying "infected mucus" which is like golems fireball except they are heat seeking.
You first would have to kill 5 of its arms which each have 7,500 health and low defense.
Then its head, which when killed would leak out onto the floor through its body and would make the floor like acid to the player.
High damage. Head has 12,500 health
After that the virus can move very quickly and jump higher (its movement should be like a spider) and it is just a battle with the body.
Body has 50,000 health
[DOUBLEPOST=1419904893][/DOUBLEPOST]I will definetly try to avoid starbound

About 100 block by 150 blocks but someone random on generation a rectangular room with background pipes and possible cryogenic tubes.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419905265][/DOUBLEPOST]No platforms but you can place your own ;) also there are traps in this room but they are easy to disable (wire cutters)
[DOUBLEPOST=1419905337][/DOUBLEPOST]What do you guys think of the designs for the npc, i worked decently hard on it!

There should be a staff, either sold or gotten from boss, that summons a minion for you. Maybe it could summon a diseased/mutant rat as a pet. Just a suggestion ;)

EDIT: Or maybe there could be Moldy Cheese, That summons a giant lab rat mount. :merchantsmile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom