PC Terraria v1.3.5.3 - I can't join my friend's world via Steam

Catpwn

Terrarian
When I try to join my friend's world it gets stuck on "Connecting to". It had worked previously on this version but suddenly now won't. We are trying to play with each other through the "Host & Play" option. We already tried restarting the world, game, turning off the firewall, and even restarting our PC's.

Are you using a password when hosting with steam? If you remove the password does the same thing happen?

Late response, but yes the world had a password. The host removed it and we still had the same results.

Have the host go to their installation directory. (by default it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria) Look for a file called "start-server-steam-friends.bat" and launch the server through this instead. The host will use the join method and use 127.0.0.1 as the IP, you as the client will attempt to join your friend through steam like normal. When the host is in the world right click them in steam and select "join game". If that doesn't work have them send an invite by right clicking your name and selecting "invite to game".

Let me know if this works.

Connecting to... is simply saying that it hasn't found a successful connection yet, underlying problem to that is port forwarding or firewall. Suggest you make sure whoever is hosting is open for connections.

i have this same problem, except i have mods. tmodloader added a start-tModLoaderServer-steam-friends.bat that does the exact same as vanilla but with mods and when i try to load up a world it does all the stuff but when it goes all the way down it says "Load Failed! Cannot find backup!"

Back
Top Bottom