Portfolio/Multi-Topic Terraria vs. Minecraft vs. Survivalcraft

So, we should blatantly rip off other games to boost mobile sales? No thanks.
Is it considered a rip off to add something another game adds, if so, all games featuring spaceships would be rip-offs of Galaxy Invaders. As far as i know, it can't be a rip off of something if it is something like an animal or something commonly known, that is like saying putting a zebra in a video game would make it a rip off of Zoo Tycoon.

Is it considered a rip off to add something another game adds, if so, all games featuring spaceships would be rip-offs of Galaxy Invaders. As far as i know, it can't be a rip off of something if it is something like an animal or something commonly known, that is like saying putting a zebra in a video game would make it a rip off of Zoo Tycoon.
You are saying that since they have those in their game, Terraria has to have them or else it won't attract a minority that won't even get it until 1.3, since stuff gets added to PC first.

I am not saying it has to be put in, just that it would be fun to have these thing, that is why it is in the suggestions, it is a suggestion.

I am not saying it has to be put in, just that it would be fun to have these thing, that is why it is in the suggestions, it is a suggestion.
As many of you know Terraria is a block game. While there are many block games, the top three, at least on mobile, are MInecraft, Survivalcraft, and in 3rd place Terraria. I don't see how Terraria came in third place, but it did. What if it came in 1st? It would have to beat Survivalcraft in animals, Minecraft in, well whatever is so special about Minecraft.
* Is in Survivalcraft- minor priority that can wait
** Is in Minecraft- average priority that needs to be done
*** Is in Survivalcraft and Minecraft NEEDS TO BE DONE
**** Is not in either and will push ahead Terraria
~ New
# Edited
Really? Because that looks like you saying that if the other 2 have it, it needs to be done no matter what.

Actually minecraft took a few things from survivalcraft example: solid coal blocks and horses
Actually, horses were from a mod which was rather popular since the beta. In fact, the person who made that mod even worked on adding horses to vanilla, and coal blocks were suggested since a long time. Do your research.

Really? Because that looks like you saying that if the other 2 have it, it needs to be done no matter what.
When i wrote that i meant that it would make the game better, not that it had to be done
Actually, horses were from a mod which was rather popular since the beta. In fact, the person who made that mod even worked on adding horses to vanilla, and coal blocks were suggested since a long time. Do your research.
But that is in a mod and suggestion, Survivalcraft still would have it first in the actual game

Actually minecraft took a few things from survivalcraft example: solid coal blocks and horses
As opposed to the dozen or so mods that existed since the beta?
I highly doubt they really considered taking ideas from an obscure mobile clone, if anything, it took those elements from the mods.

Knowing the mobile community, no permission was asked either. >.>

I'm pretty sure minecraft didn't take anything from survival...
Coal blocks and horses were part of the April fools update, and then seriously added them later.
Witchcraft is too small of a game for minecraft to take anything from.

(I'm surprised none mentioned this point)
No Terraria isn't a blocky game, just because it has pixels doesn't mean it's blocky.

Gonna insert something here.
In my opinion, Terraria doesn't need to advance to the animal point of survivalcraft. In 1.3, Terraria will have over 3000 items. Minecraft and Survivalcraft combined don't even come close to that.

The only thing Minecraft has going for it over Terraria, is 3D buildings, redstone (kind of) and modability/plugins, which allow for some pretty cool minigames.

But then again, tAPI should fix that shouldn't it?

In everything else, Terraria rockets ahead, at least in term of content.

We'll see how this goes, but right now, Terraria is at about 10 million copies sold I believe, and Minecraft is at around 17 million. At this rate, Terraria has a decent chance of eventually becoming a bigger game than Minecraft, and with a sequel coming out, whereas Minecraft has none....
Sheesh...

Yes:

I am not against reviving old threads - I'm against thread necromancy, which is basically what you did - revive a thread for no good reason (and no, calling someone out is not a good reason, it's so far away from a good reason, it's in Narnia.) There's no rules against reviving old threads, but last time I checked, there were rules against pointlessness and "wanna fite?" posts.
Oh that feeling when you get grilled by a person that is in 2nd place for the most likes. It's :red:ing annoying.

I'll throw you guys an enigma. For fun.
"What word part of Survivalcraft's name is Minecraft's main genre but not Terraria's?"

I'd also ask you guys to state the total number of Minecraft clones on the mobile market, but that's a number that would not fit in the limit of a single post sadly.

Oh that feeling when you get grilled by a person that is in 2nd place for the most likes. It's :redspin:ing annoying.

So, obviously you just want a fight, that's your whole purpose here. Okay then, have a nice forum life, however short it may be with such an attitude.
84ShkfI.png

Back
Top Bottom