Terraria Wins the 2021 Labor of Love Award!

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
LOL Box.png

What else can we say but wow. Just wow, Terrarians. You are all simply amazing and it is so humbling to finally be able to pull down the win here - and against rather stiff competition. We know it is 100% due to your loyal support of our team and game over the years, and it is truly a pleasure to be able to work on an amazing game such as Terraria and then to share it with all of you.

Terraria truly is a Labor of Love for our team - like a family member to us - and to see it gain recognition such as this means more than we can say. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much to each and every fan out there and for each and every vote. It has been and remains our honor to deliver the Terraria experience to you. We look forward to an even brighter future ahead - with Steam Deck optimizations, content parity for all platforms, and (hopefully, fingers crossed!) crossplay later this year. Journey's End may have arrived, but it sure feels like just the beginning to us.

Beyond that, well, time will tell as they say, right?

Check out all of the 2021 Steam Awards Winners via the link below!

2021 STEAM AWARDS WINNERS

Last edited:
The awards this year (with the exception of Inscryption, Terraria, and No Man's Sky) are filled with games that I've never even played before and aren't particularly interested in.

Not to say they are bad, just... meh.

I'm glad Terraria won, though I voted for No Man's Sky. They went through a crazy amount of crap to get to where they are, but if NMS wasn't going to win, then Terraria would definitely have been my 2nd pick.

Also..... OMORI got totally screwed. OMORI should have been in these awards somewhere, perhaps best Indie game (or best sound track, seriously, even if you've not played it look the OST up!) or something because jeez. That game is ridiculously awesome but hardly anybody talks about it. It gets left out of all top 10 lists, it got left out of the awards, etc, probably because on the technicality that it came out too late for 2020 awards/top 10s, but yet 2021 awards/top 10s overlook it and I think that's a shame.

It really deserved more recognition than that.

So, TL;DR: Check OMORI out. Ignore what the twitter idiots say about OMOCAT, they misrepresented the truth and you should never believe twitter idiots in the first place. The game is pure gold and it deserves a look into.

Back
Top Bottom