Terraria with Family Sharing and the TModLoader

sandrois9

Terrarian
My wife has purchased Terraria for my son to play and he has access to the game through Family Sharing.

He cannot install TModLoader from his Steam account. My wife installed the TModLoader with her steam account, installed it locally, and then shared it with my son through Family Sharing.

After this, when my son tries to run the TModLoader from his Steam account nothing happens. Or it sends us to the page to Intsall it. If that is clicked a pop-up appears and then immediately closes.

If I buy him his own copy of Terraria, hoping that the TModLoader will work from him from his own account if I do, will it keep all of his worlds from the Terraria he is playing through Family Sharing now?

Hi there @sandrois9,

I beleive that in order to play tModloader, the account holder needs to own Terraria - access through Steam family share is not enough.
If you do buy your son a copy on his account, his saves will be fine and perfectly playable. Do note though that you cannot use 1.4 vanilla Terraria saves within tModloader as tModloader is still on an old version of the game.

Back
Top Bottom