PC Terraria won't launch after the new update

Ponkotsu

Terrarian
Good day
I have tried a lot of possible solutions to fix my problem but none seemed to work
I have played terraria once before the update and everything worked fine until i decided to play it again after the recent update(1.4.2) and for some reason the game just goes into white screen then closes
the error logs shows this:

Error Logging Enabled.
Resolution changed to: 1366x768
================
4/9/2021 3:19:59 PM: First-Chance Exception
Thread: 1 [Main Thread]
Culture: en-US
Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.NativeMethods.Init()
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.RazerDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Razer Chroma not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.NativeMethods.Init()
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.RazerDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================
4/9/2021 3:20:00 PM: First-Chance Exception
Exception: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: Corsair initialization failed with: CE_ServerNotFound
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Corsair.CorsairDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Corsair RGB not supported. (Can be disabled via Config.json)
================
4/9/2021 3:20:00 PM: First-Chance Exception
Exception: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: LogitechGSDK failed to initialize.
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Logitech.LogitechDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Logitech RGB not supported. (Can be disabled via Config.json)

i have already tried adding this lines on the config file as suggested on that one thread here but it did't work.
the error log simple just didn't display anything at all except for the resolution change to 1366x768
"UseRazerRGB": false,
"UseCorsairRGB": false,
"UseLogitechRGB": false,

there is also the solution where i just have to remove the RzChromaSDK.dll but i dont have it nor have i used any razer products on my laptop
and yes i tried deleting the config file, reinstalling, turning off the firewall, running it on admin and none of it worked.

i also tried validating the files on steam and it always says 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired every time i validate it and yes i turned off my firewall and it didn't work.

seems like my terraria got mangled after the new update and i have no idea what is happening
I hope someone would be able to help me fix this

I havent saw the log from terraria (the log is only enabled if a parameter is passed to it), but I feel like it is pointing to the same thing.
I had seen at least two other threads that describe "Terraria wont start" issue.
And it's the same issue with me. However, my case is a little bit interesting:
I will right click on Steam and launch Terraria (or from the actual window, it don't matter). Steam will pop up a message saying "Preparing to launch Terraria ...", after which it disappears (and Terraria.exe starts)
And then, after maybe 5 second, it dies. There is NO message about any kind of exception or failure -- it just "crashes".
Very few times I can get it to "hung" where it wont start load the content or crash, with memory usage stuck at 19.8MB and a very low CPU usage. Although this is getting increasingly infrequent.

And, more importantly, I can get the game running from simply trying to launch it a few times. Like right now.

Back
Top Bottom