PC Terraria won't open

Yo9yh

Terrarian
Hello, so recently I've been getting this error message whenever opening Terraria
1635334971190.png

Steam would load up Terraria, it will flash white and black for a bit and show this error message. When I try to verify the integrity of the files, it comes up with this:
1635336341673.png

How do I fix without losing my worlds and characters?

Last edited:
I ditto this, Game was given to me as a gift and it doesnt load up. No easy fixes. Its a shame really. As a new person literally finding out about this game to find out i cannot play it on my machine i have no idea of even where to look to resolve.

Im also on steam forums asking for help on this. They referred me here after doing everything they asked.

Solution for white screen issue

My solution was to stop RivaTuner statistics and MSI Afterburner for Geforce Graphics card. Now I stopped both without testing in between so only one might be causing the issue.

I started with Riva, I did this by selecting not to open with startup / windows, to which it just opens itself back up after you close it anyway. So I found it in processes in task manager, right clicked to find location and changed the name of the executable so it could not restart.

In error I did not test Terraria after this, but MSI all I had to do was select not to open with startup / windows and close it and it stayed closed.

After both these were closed Terraria started with a black screen, had a bit of a delay but opened. I had to adjust a lot of graphics settings as I have been mucking around this for some time now trying to get it running as I suspected it was graphics that was causing the problems.

But this was successful for me so hopefully if you have NVIDIA Geforce graphics processor then this could be the solution to get you running again.

Back
Top Bottom