Tool TerrariaDepotDownloader - Downgrade To ANY Version!

How do I get the updates of the depot downloader. cuz I wanna downgrade to 1.4.4.1 cuz its the current mobile version. So I can crossplay with mobile
the latest version in the downloader for me is 1.4.3.6

How do I get the updates of the depot downloader. cuz I wanna downgrade to 1.4.4.1 cuz its the current mobile version. So I can crossplay with mobile
the latest version in the downloader for me is 1.4.3.6

You can download it from this thread or from the github. If you're using the mediafire download, I just updated that now.

I'm very confused on what do you when you get the please launch game from steam client, can somebody help me

Sorry to possibly be a bother, but every time i go to select download on a file. The screen only flickers, and when i checked the log all i get is that the download prompt has started. In settings i have my exact information correct even logging out of steam to confirm, so im not sure about what the problem is.
edit: i could be wrong but i think i tried both trouble shooting methods unless i misunderstood it. Forgot to put that in the original post.

Last edited:
So, I successfully downloaded terraria 1.1.2. When I click singleplayer I am greeted with this. Where did the "create" option go? Is this fixable?

Attachments

• missing.PNG
    missing.PNG
    211.9 KB · Views: 81
Sorry to possibly be a bother, but every time i go to select download on a file. The screen only flickers, and when i checked the log all i get is that the download prompt has started. In settings i have my exact information correct even logging out of steam to confirm, so im not sure about what the problem is.
edit: i could be wrong but i think i tried both trouble shooting methods unless i misunderstood it. Forgot to put that in the original post.

Have you checked out all the sections on the troubleshooting section? If this issue is still persisting, I'm more then happy to help find a solution over on discord: D.RUSS#2430

So, I successfully downloaded terraria 1.1.2. When I click singleplayer I am greeted with this. Where did the "create" option go? Is this fixable?

The older versions can crash and or now show all the UI options when attempting to read newer player and world files.
To fix this its super simple. You need to move your Terraria folder (\Documents\My Games\Terraria) to a different location for safe keeping. Then try and reload the game back up. You will have to create a new player and a new world. If this fixes your issue let me know and I will be happy to update the troubleshooting.

Have you checked out all the sections on the troubleshooting section? If this issue is still persisting, I'm more then happy to help find a solution over on discord: D.RUSS#2430
I have checked all of the sections none of them are seeming to work, ive even tried reinstalling, I cant get a solution no.

Edit: it was fixed it had turned out i accidentally installed an incorrect .NET twice

Last edited:
Tried using this, but it just won't do anything. I try to install any version, the command prompt will appear, but then disappear right after "Logging in (name) into Steam3" with nothing downloaded. It will say that the download prompt has started, but then nothing after.
I have the correct information put in, right .NET version, I tried reading through the troubleshooting and the rest of the thread to find a solution, but nothing posted has worked.

Tried using this, but it just won't do anything. I try to install any version, the command prompt will appear, but then disappear right after "Logging in (name) into Steam3" with nothing downloaded. It will say that the download prompt has started, but then nothing after.
I have the correct information put in, right .NET version, I tried reading through the troubleshooting and the rest of the thread to find a solution, but nothing posted has worked.

I'm sorry to hear this, I'm willing to help you if you want to add me on discord: D.RUSS#2430

How do i stop steam from trying to automatically update terraria?
edit: new issue. this tool keeps getting stuck after \Terraria\Content\Sounds\Zombie_92.xnb on 1.4.4?

Last edited:
How do i stop steam from trying to automatically update terraria?
edit: new issue. this tool keeps getting stuck after \Terraria\Content\Sounds\Zombie_92.xnb on 1.4.4?

Preventing automatic game updates for steam used to be as simple as disabling them. Now steam makes you do this per game. Goto Library > Terraria > Properties. Find the drop down for automatic updates and set it to "Only update this game when I launch it". Another option is to launch steam in offline mode. Hopefully this helps.

For the 1.4.4. update, I too noticed it hung on Zombie_92.xnb for anout three seconds. Let it sit for a short while and it will finish downloading.

Thank you so much for this, for now at least, maybe Red someday will give us access to the older versions. Do you think the 1.0 versions of the game will be available in the future?

View attachment 342088

v1.8.5 for Terraria 1.1.2 1.2X 1.3X 1.4X+
View attachment 342089

View attachment 342090
This application allows you to downgrade your game to any of the past game versions where the steam manifest IDs are known.
This application is NOT a pirate tool and requires users to already own the game.

View attachment 342851

Step 1) Make sure you have .NET 6.0 Runtime installed on your computer.

View attachment 369382

Step 2) Click the Settings tab and enter your Steam account name and password. This is used to download the game versions from steam.

View attachment 342852

Step 3) In the Downloader tab, select the version you want to download and click the download button in the bottom right corner.

View attachment 342853

Step 4) A command prompt window will appear. If your Steam account has 2-way verification, Enter your Steam Guard authentication code into the command prompt and hit enter.

View attachment 342855

Step 5) The game version will download to the TerrariaDepots folder. This Can be changed to any desired location in the settings tab!

View attachment 342856

Step 6) If the game does not start and you receive this error message, backup and paste depot files to your game directory. Then run via steam.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria

View attachment 348060
(Or check out the Overwrite Steam Directory feature)
Steam allows the downloading of previous game versions through the use of depots. Depots are a collection of files pertaining to a group; for steam, the game Terraria. When a game gets updated, steam archives each patch as something called a manifest ID. Using steam console and the correct manifest ID, you can downgrade/download any game version that you own on your account. Using an open source utility called DepotDownloader, you can download depots with a lot more flexibility.

Included in this application's directory is a file named ManifestVersions.cfg. This file is in charge of all the game versions and their data which is loaded into the program. This can be updated to include future versions or previously unknown earlier versions of the game without the need to download a new tool version.

Note to Terraria's team: I have created this courtesyware in hopes to diminish pirating and bring easability to downgrading. If their is any issues with this tool please do not hessitate to contact me. I've recently made this software completely open source and will comply with any requests.
Bellow are some useful troubleshooting guides. If you find issues with this application please let me know!

Fix #1:
- Ensure both username & password are correct in the settings tab.

View attachment 376733

Fix #2:
- Try installing .NET 6.0 Runtime -> Run console apps.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure to download the correct x64 / x86 version for your system.

View attachment 376732
Fix #1:
- Clicking More info -> Run anyway

View attachment 376736 View attachment 376737

Why this is happening?

Built into Windows 10, is something called Windows Defender SmartScreen. Each time an application is ran Windows 10, SmartScreen will check if it is a “good” application against their catalog of applications. It’s a good security measure and is particular helpful at stopping malware spreading through email attachments – where some users do not understand the difference between a legitimate document and an application. Sometimes SmartScreen will prevent applications you know are not bad – for example, it’s a CMD or VBS script you wrote, or a program from a trusted source.

Explanation Credits: Adrian Gordon
Fix #1:
- Backup or rename existing game saves. C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Terraria

View attachment 377379 View attachment 377381

Why this is happening?

This issue is typically caused by an existing \Documents\My Games\Terraria\ directory.
Fix #1:
- Enable Overwrite Steam Directory option from within settings tab.

View attachment 386307

Why this is happening?

This issue is caused from one of the hardcoded checks Terraria does to make sure you own the game. You need to have the game inside your steamapps directory to prevent this error.
Fix #1:
- To fix this its super simple. You need to move your Terraria folder (\Documents\My Games\Terraria) to a different location for safe keeping. Then try and reload the game back up. You will have to create a new player and a new world.

Why this is happening?

The older versions can crash and or now show all the UI options when attempting to read newer player and world files.
Code:
v1.8.5.1
 - Added missing tooltips to checkbox.
 - Bug fixes.

v1.8.5
 - Fixed right clicking for tools within listview.
 - Added tooltips (can be disabled via checkbox).
 - Added checkbox to disable DepotDownloader API updates checks.
 - Fixed tab indexes along with some logged items.
 - Bug fixes.

v1.8.4
 - Fixed versions 1.3.0.1 & 1.4.0.1 not being displayed as downloaded.
 - Removed maximization.

v1.8.3
 - Remove game now terminates only games running within target directory.
 - Remove All will now terminate any running games prior.
 - Fixed File > Download App not being displayed.
 - Fixed File > Remove App not being displayed.
 - .NET Framework check is now done via filesystem over registry.
 - Added .NET version to output log.
 - Exception handling issues fixed.
 - Fixed log spellings.
 - General bugs.

v1.8.2
 - Loading application now checks for DepotDownloader API updates.
 - Overwrite Steam Directory bug not removing previous versions prior to installing a new copy.

v1.6.0 - v1.8.1
 - Updated DepotDownloader API.
 - General bug fixes.

v1.5.0
 - Added a Overwrite Steam Directory option.
 - Fixed some logging typos.

v1.4.0
 - Fixed an issue with properly finding .NET versions.
 - Updated DepotDownloader API.
 - General bug fixes.

v1.2.0 - v1.3.0
 - Initial release.

If you like my work feel free to donate to show your support :)
View attachment 342094
so im trying to host a server using the files for 1.4.4.1 when i click on the server hosting thingy the first thing the promt says is "Error Logging Enabled" and when i try to host the server it loads everything then as soon as it goes online the server (and the promt crashes) can i fix this?

Edit: I figured it out, the port needed to be set correctly because I was using r3mote it which set the port to something other than 7777. Cheers I did it.

Thank you so much for this, for now at least, maybe Red someday will give us access to the older versions. Do you think the 1.0 versions of the game will be available in the future?

I have been in contact with Leinfors over this topic and the Relogic team is concerned about giving those manifests for legal reasons. They are not sure yet. Hopefully.

Preventing automatic game updates for steam used to be as simple as disabling them. Now steam makes you do this per game. Goto Library > Terraria > Properties. Find the drop down for automatic updates and set it to "Only update this game when I launch it". Another option is to launch steam in offline mode. Hopefully this helps.

For the 1.4.4. update, I too noticed it hung on Zombie_92.xnb for anout three seconds. Let it sit for a short while and it will finish downloading.
Yeah i eventually realised i could put it in offline mode otherwise it'd update
it hung for 3 seconds sometimes and failed somewhere else, occasionally it crashed after saying some logitech file was missing, and occasionally it got stuck on Zombie_92.xnb forever and then very rarely it just continued without fault, I just had to keep trying

Back
Top Bottom