Tool TerrariaDepotDownloader - Downgrade To ANY Version!

I tried using the troubleshoot for the console immediately closing, but it didn't help. Everything i did was correct but i'm not sure what to do

Hello and thank you for typing in! I would first suggest you try and sign into steam from a browser. As tacky as this response is, the #1 biggest issue is that people use the wrong account name / password. If you are indeed using the correct information, I would have to ask and make sure you installed Run console apps for your OS architecture. Make sure to install x64 for x64 systems vise versa. If this still does not correct the issue feel free to type back.

Hello, currently when you click "Overwrite Steam Directory," it automatically sets the depot directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria." But the problem is that I don't store Terraria here, I store it somewhere else. You can't change it when you have the option checked, and when I try to download any version I get this:
1680641834908.png

Then when I boot up the old version, it just boots up Terraria 1.4.4.9. This can be fixed by simply overwriting the files manually, but I think it would be much nicer if we could change it in the downloader. I think I may be using a slightly older version of the downloader, so this may have been already changed.

Hello, currently when you click "Overwrite Steam Directory," it automatically sets the depot directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria." But the problem is that I don't store Terraria here, I store it somewhere else. You can't change it when you have the option checked, and when I try to download any version I get this:
View attachment 403434
Then when I boot up the old version, it just boots up Terraria 1.4.4.9. This can be fixed by simply overwriting the files manually, but I think it would be much nicer if we could change it in the downloader. I think I may be using a slightly older version of the downloader, so this may have been already changed.

Thanks for this report, so it appears you have the games default install location on an different drive? I see how this would cause issues. I will look into changing how it finds the default path for this feature. Thank you for the report!

View attachment 403434

This issue should be fixed now. Please let me know if it's working! I'm attaching a v1.8.5.4 beta bellow.:dryadcool:

Changes:
Code:
v1.8.5.4
 - Orginized the projects forms with new names.
 - Fixed all intelsense project warning messages.
 - Added an save login option.
 - Added resilience to non-default install locations.

Attachments

• TerrariaDepotDownloader-1.8.5.4.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 147
This issue should be fixed now. Please let me know if it's working! I'm attaching a v1.8.5.4 beta bellow.:dryadcool:

Changes:
Code:
v1.8.5.4
 - Orginized the projects forms with new names.
 - Fixed all intelsense project warning messages.
 - Added an save login option.
 - Added resilience to non-default install locations.
It works perfectly, thanks!

When I check "Overwrite Steam Directory" and click yes to proceed it immediately unchecks it and when I try launch the game it still says I need to launch the game through Steam. Log says "ERROR: Something went wrong while reading the registry!"

Last edited:
When I check "Overwrite Steam Directory" and click yes to proceed it immediately unchecks it and when I try launch the game it still says I need to launch the game through Steam. Log says "ERROR: Something went wrong while reading the registry!"

Try running the application as administrator. Sounds like the application is not being allowed to read and write.

There is no unblock button in any of the tabs (Including General and Security). I checked out the article to make sure I was doing it right

Something within your windows is not allowing read and write.
I have done a full analysis on the app and can confirm its not an issue with the application. Sorry but I'm not able to help you here.

Something within your windows is not allowing read and write.
I have done a full analysis on the app and can confirm its not an issue with the application. Sorry but I'm not able to help you here.
Alright, thanks for trying. When I check the stats window for it while it's running it has check marks beside read and write. Can you tell me how to overwrite manually instead of using the app?

Is it normal to have your settings be reset to default upon opening current version Terraria after playing an older version with Overwrite Steam Directory turned on? I had to move some files around to get steam to play 1.1.2 and I moved all my backed up 1.4.4.9 files to their appropriate locations, all my worlds and characters and such are fine but I'm worried that I might've moved some of the files from the 1.1.2 download to the wrong place or forgot to move something and it'll mess up other things in the future, and that's why it changed up all my settings. It's fine if it is normal (i didn't have any crazy special keybinds or anything weird and tedious to change), I'm just wondering if it is or if its a sign I messed something up. Thanks! Excellent tool!

Is it normal to have your settings be reset to default upon opening current version Terraria after playing an older version with Overwrite Steam Directory turned on? I had to move some files around to get steam to play 1.1.2 and I moved all my backed up 1.4.4.9 files to their appropriate locations, all my worlds and characters and such are fine but I'm worried that I might've moved some of the files from the 1.1.2 download to the wrong place or forgot to move something and it'll mess up other things in the future, and that's why it changed up all my settings. It's fine if it is normal (i didn't have any crazy special keybinds or anything weird and tedious to change), I'm just wondering if it is or if its a sign I messed something up. Thanks! Excellent tool!

Yes, this is normal. The game regardless of the version will still use the game config file located at \Documents\My Games\Terraria\config.json.
If you're normally switching back and forth consistently, it could be of use to make a backup copy of the config.

Back
Top Bottom