Official Terrarian Community Feedback Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh neato That I found this portion of the forums then. I wanted to ask why there is no Desert theme to the forums? I mean its a small thing but itd be cool to have, with it recently being updated and becoming more of a "proper" biome.
AFAIK the answer is time. I don't think Cenx/the other big wigs want Crowno's time going into making new forum assets when it could be used making new sprites for future updates.

Oh neato That I found this portion of the forums then. I wanted to ask why there is no Desert theme to the forums? I mean its a small thing but itd be cool to have, with it recently being updated and becoming more of a "proper" biome.
I really like this idea, I'd love a theme.. but I guess that takes too much work
edit: ninja'd

The current forum themes were developed in the months before TCF opened in 2014. There's a lot to them, more than just the background images. There are color palettes, style properties and templates to set up for each theme, and it's quite a bit of rather tedious work.

I'm not saying that the topic won't be revisited, but since Crowno is hard at work on game updates, it's not likely to happen soon.

The current forum themes were developed in the months before TCF opened in 2014. There's a lot to them, more than just the background images. There are color palettes, style properties and templates to set up for each theme, and it's quite a bit of rather tedious work.

I'm not saying that the topic won't be revisited, but since Crowno is hard at work on game updates, it's not likely to happen soon.
Which is totally understandable. Themes are just personal preference, and heck, totally optional. The forum would work fine without them. But adding a new item with an already used sprite, well I doubt that'll work. :)

Hello, me again.

Would it be in any way possible to add the "Search child forum options as well" option from Advanced Searches to the general drop-down search box? It would be very useful in conjunction with the "Search this forum only" when used on branching forums like Suggestions and Player-Created Game Enhancements, which Advanced Search lacks, and the forum list it utilises instead is a bit 'searchy'.

It's not a huge issue, but it would be a nice quality-of-life thing.

(tagging @Tunnel King, because this looks like an administrator thing to me)

I've noticed that there are cases where signatures are automatically cut off at a certain height. I certainly understand that we don't want to flood our signatures with massive images or too many images, etc. But it would be nice to have a setting that allows us to 'always view full signatures', as well as a button on lengthy signatures that allows us to view that particular signature in full.

I've noticed that there are cases where signatures are automatically cut off at a certain height. I certainly understand that we don't want to flood our signatures with massive images or too many images, etc. But it would be nice to have a setting that allows us to 'always view full signatures', as well as a button on lengthy signatures that allows us to view that particular signature in full.
I actually have a link to my steam account in here but you can't actually see it. :/

I'm too lazy to fix it though lol

EDIT : wait never mind I guess I did fix it at some point

anyways still should be changed. :/

EDIT : wait no you cant see it if you open the spoiler it just extends into the void. :l

We are not going to change the default display limit for signatures. The voluntary limit we had on TO was routinely ignored and abused, and the staff had to spend inordinate amounts of time trying to get people to change them.

Large signatures are not only unsightly, they can actually cost mobile users money having to load large signatures.

Anyone who is interested in seeing your "full" signature can visit your profile's Information tab. You can also use spoiler tags.

Hello everyone,

Skiphs just made a small adjustment in our server configuration that we HOPE will solve the intermittent forum logout problem that many have experienced.

All pages on the forum are now being forced to use HTTPS. There is nothing you should need to do yourself - whatever your bookmarks, cached links or links within posts are, they will automagically be translated to the HTTPS version.

The intermittent logout problem was a known issue within Xenforo (the base software that makes up the forum), and the solution seems to be forcing links one way or the other. We hope this solves the problem for everyone, but PLEASE report any continuing issues.

eta: If you use the Augmented TCF browser plugin: be sure to turn off the first option that forces links to HTTP. We've had one report that it causes Chrome to constantly reload pages. It did not seem to have that effect for me using Firefox, but I turned it off anyway.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Skiphs just made a small adjustment in our server configuration that we HOPE will solve the intermittent forum logout problem that many have experienced.

All pages on the forum are now being forced to use HTTPS. There is nothing you should need to do yourself - whatever your bookmarks, cached links or links within posts are, they will automagically be translated to the HTTPS version.

The intermittent logout problem was a known issue within Xenforo (the base software that makes up the forum), and the solution seems to be forcing links one way or the other. We hope this solves the problem for everyone, but PLEASE report any continuing issues.
qg7ZGf0.gif
I cannot express my extreme gratitude with mere words

Hello everyone,

eta: If you use the Augmented TCF browser plugin: be sure to turn off the first option that forces links to HTTP. We've had one report that it causes Chrome to constantly reload pages. It did not seem to have that effect for me using Firefox, but I turned it off anyway.
I can confirm that that chrome refresh thing is an issue. I'm glad to see that this bug has been fixed!

Hello everyone,

Wait a moment, didn't all the moderators say that https:// had problems with logging in and not http://?

Wait a moment, didn't all the moderators say that https:// had problems with logging in and not http://?

That was the case for awhile. The issue of logging off was caused by switching from an https page to an http one. Because all connections have been forced to https now, that is no longer the case as connections to this website are all https.

Before this update, yes. Now that the update has been pushed through all parts of the forum will use HTTPS and as such remove the logout problem.

Ah, so wait, they fixed the problems with only HTTPS or did they just force the type of link to be used?

Edit: Ninja'd, I understand now, just a bit of confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom