Official Terrarian Community Feedback Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, I think this might be useful for the forum, but I noticed there were no item emotes. It would be pretty handy to have the coin symbols as emotes.

I have some ideas for Terraria and I would like the people at re-logic to hear them out. You don't have to agree with them, heck you can fell free to hate them if it makes you happy, I just want to put them out there.

1: Combined end-game and post-plantera armor sets into there class oriented armors.
The main aim for this is to create armor combinations that make them more powerful, for example, an idea I've thought of was combining the solar armor and the beetle armor to create an armor set I like to call "sacred armor". It can be switched out between scalemail and she'll chest pieces like beetle armor and explosion on contact with enemy that solar armor has. The same idea goes for the nebula and spectre armors and the shroomite and vortex armor, I haven't thought of anything that could go with stardust armor so sorry bout that.

2: Enhanced class specific accessories.
I was thinking of making the class specific accessories enhanced with the pillar fragment, but it will not be easily gained sence my ideas for these accessories would be considered too OP if they were. To make the enhanced accessories, a pillar Core must be made like so: frags > pieces > chunk > Core and it will require 10 of the previous forms to make the next one, so in mathematical terms that means it will take 1000 fragments in total to make the core, which seems like a ridiculous amount, but it is needed to keep the power balanced and uneasily gained. My ideas are the following: Solar Fist, increases melee damage & speed by 20% great increase in melee knockback and melee damage creates a small explosion (2 tile radius). Vortex Scope, increases ranged damage by 20% and crit rate by 15%, large increase in view range & inflicts Vortex Sickness debuff on an enemy damaged with a ranged attack (50 damage/tic, does not affect other players). Nebula Crest, increases magic damage by 25%, large increase in mana star pickup range (30 tiles) and -10% mana usage. Stardust Scarab, increases max minion capacity (+2 minion capacity) +50% minion damage, large increase in minion knockback & gives minions prioritized targeting on the enemy closest to the player. The next one is possibly, what am I saying, IS the most powerful one on this list and will most likely not even be considered due to the eminse power it has but it might as well be said. First the Galactic Core must be made which it is by combining all 4 cores then combine that with the destroyer emblem to make the Galaxy Emblem, increases damage by 50% and crit rate by 30%, and the attack boost will increase it AFTER all other attack boosts have been applied, for those who do not under stand here is an example the Laser Machinegun has 60 base damage and normally any damage boosters increase the damage relative to the base damage like a 10% damage booster would increase the damage by 6 regardless of what the current damage is but the Galaxy Emblem boost the current amount of damage by 50% so a Laser Machinegun with +10% damage will have 66 damage instead of boosting the damage by 30 it will increase the damage by 33.

I am going to stop here because I have been making this for an hour and I am tired and I'm sure you are too. I know I made this WAY too long and I am DEEPLY sorry for whoever has read this whole thing, feel free to reply good or bad, either way will be deeply appreciated.
This is for feedback about the forums themselves. To make suggestions for the game post a thread in these sections: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/player-suggestions.13/

A question:

I was looking through the contact details, and I was wondering why Steam is not an option to add to the list.
I mean, you've even the ability to link Steam with your account, so yeah.

I know it's just a tiny detail that probably not many will use, but I was just asking.

May I request that the Staff replies more consistently to rejected reports? I don't mind if my reports aren't acted upon because they end up not breaking the forum rules (because that makes sense), but I would like to be informed of the fact if that is actually the case, otherwise it feels like I'm just wasting both of our time.

On the more technical side, would it be possible to show us which staff member replies? Sometimes I have questions regarding said reply, and no one to PM. I assume this is a XenForo limitation, but could someone look into it?

Thanks for your continued efforts of keeping the forums clean.

May I request that the Staff replies more consistently to rejected reports? I don't mind if my reports aren't acted upon because they end up not breaking the forum rules (because that makes sense), but I would like to be informed of the fact if that is actually the case, otherwise it feels like I'm just wasting both of our time.
I think that the usage frequency of this feature varies among the current staff; I probably don't use it enough.

Sometimes reports are merged with other, similar reports (example - a thread that is going downhill fast often generates several separate reports). In those cases, it often doesn't make sense to reply to each individual report. It especially doesn't make sense when it's two (or more) people reporting each other about the same situation.

If an individual post/member profile is reported by multiple people, then the system automatically merges all of those reports into one. If someone reports it again sometime later after the resolution (and this happens frequently), then any resolution response we give at that time automatically goes to everyone who ever reported the same thing, and they get another alert about it. That could get annoying if you got an alert for something a year after you first reported it.

On the more technical side, would it be possible to show us which staff member replies? Sometimes I have questions regarding said reply, and no one to PM. I assume this is a XenForo limitation, but could someone look into it?

The only way for that to happen at this time is for the staff member to 'sign' the reply message.

Most moderation decisions - including rejecting reports - are made after discussion with other staff members; the individual that 'handles' the report is often not the sole decision maker about the outcome. You can always PM any of us with your questions.

We consider all reports to be important and take each one seriously. It is not a waste of your time or ours to report something that you feel needs attention. That said, we often refer to the motto "Report and Move On", and a lot of people don't adhere to the "Move On" part (and I'm not referring to you here, @Kazzymodus, but to the entire community as a whole). Once you report something, you should drop it there - don't continue to respond to the person(s) involved, don't take it into your own hands if you feel the staff is slow to intervene the way you think we should. We WILL consider the report, monitor the situation, and take action as we (as a group) feel is required. Sometimes that takes some time to get sufficient input from other staff, and sometimes by the time that input is received, the situation has resolved itself (and IMO that's the best resolution of all). Whether there is overt action taken (a verbal response from staff, a warning, etc.) or not, whether there is feedback given to the reporter(s) or not, we DO consider each report and each reaction seriously.

So, about that maintenance/update we just had.....

We spent some considerable time testing the updates, and found to our dismay that the upgrade to most recent version of Xenforo created some serious problems with Social Groups - basically, all of the permission sets were no longer working correctly. This meant that both creators and members of social groups no longer had access them.

We had concerns about how the SGs would behave, since the original author of that plug-in had sold/transferred the product to a new company. We had made the decision before we began this process that above all, we would not allow current functionality to break. Therefore, with great reluctance, we rolled back to the state at which we began. The current state should be how you saw it when it was taken down.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we'll regroup and re-investigate, and hope that the next attempt will produce more positive results.

This meant that both creators and members of social groups no longer had access them.
Thank you, team, for thinking of us lot out in the groups!:) If I'd have thought about this I guess I should have been more apprehensive about the forum update :eek:, given how the permissions there have only ever been mostly bandaged together in the past (never managed to get forum embedded images to be visible without login, etc).

Disappointing not to see the shiny, new.... whatever it is we would have had, of course.:( No magic bullets laying about for a quick, compromise-free then? Heh. That would be the day...

The most noticeable change after the maintenance is that my alerts will dissappear from the alert box if I've found the post where the alert was about.

I was first annoyed by it, now kinda neutral

What happened to last read dates in conversations? They're gone now for some reason.

(Before:
6ae223703d.png
Now:
236bbc80ea.png
)

Does it mean we'll finally have recent thread activity on the home page agai- GOD DAMN IT WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS UPDATE

That was one of the features the update would have fixed, but as we had to abort the update, it wasn't able to be fixed. Even still, basic forum maintenance was done, which is something we would have done regardless of an update attempt, so it wasn't all for nothing.

:joy: Everything breaks if it switches owners. Do we even need an update to the forum software?

There were a lot of useful features in Xenforo 1.5 that would be very neat and convenient, both to moderators and forum members. The Recent Posts feed was just one of many.

Do we even need an update to the forum software?
Do you remember what happened when Curse didn't update anything on TO for three years? Stuff starts to break over time.

A crucial part of everyone's forum experience is their browser. As browsers evolve, sites need to evolve with them. If we don't update fairly regularly, things start to break, and security loopholes creep in.

Does it mean we'll finally have recent thread activity on the home page

It would have been in a block on the forum index page, in the sidebar with the recent profile activity block.

What happened to last read dates in conversations? They're gone now for some reason.

That should be restored now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Only time I check the forums is to find out if ps3 is getting an update. I'm old so I don't have time to mess around in here so I was wondering if maybe 1-maybe every 3 weeks you could give us a heads up on update information (I know it takes a lot of hard work and time and understand fully but just say "we're half way there and might be pushed back" would be great) 2 can you (if you don't already) post that information to the front page so I don't have to dig around looking for update info. Thanks and keep killing it. This game is ridiculous.

Only time I check the forums is to find out if ps3 is getting an update. I'm old so I don't have time to mess around in here so I was wondering if maybe 1-maybe every 3 weeks you could give us a heads up on update information (I know it takes a lot of hard work and time and understand fully but just say "we're half way there and might be pushed back" would be great) 2 can you (if you don't already) post that information to the front page so I don't have to dig around looking for update info. Thanks and keep killing it. This game is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, we don't always have that information available, as information on the ports is handled by a different company, 505 Games, which have their own internal timetable that is subject to change, as any is. While they share goals with the forums from time to time, there is no real way to have an accurate and up to date prediction at all times available.

The front page is used for news on all fronts involving Terraria, including all the different ports, PC, and additional promoted content, so its not going to be able to be relegated to just a time-line function, but it is possible to add banners at the top of the forum with relevant dates, when they are known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom