Official Terrarian Community Feedback Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not aware there was a discussion about whether to remove the Leaderboards or not until now. (Considering I was very new to the Forums while that discussion was taking place) I think one of the suggestions from what I read in the link Ppowersteef posted, was to make a dedicated thread for it with a poll in this Forum section so more TCF users could weigh in their input about the Leaderboards with more details as well who don't know about this discussion. Since creating a thread for it will bring it more visibility.

I like this!

Then we simply weren't notified that it was until now. I'm sure you can see how that can cause controversy. So the only question left is when are you going to remove the leaderboards.

Probably because its really not that big of a deal, and in reality, is a trivial and unimportant element of the forum. It was never a high priority for dealing with, or keeping people posted on the most "Up to date status!"

I will make a thread with a poll, and the results of the poll will determine whether there is action to remove the Most Likes and Most Posts pages. I will also post a banner notice to advertise the voting thread.

There may be a slim chance - should the voting indicate that they be removed - that the plugins to do so may not work properly. If this happens, the status quo will be retained.

Hey if it has to be a popularity contest around here I guess that's the way things should be. So lets vote on it. Again (am I the only one around here who remembers there was a vote/debate on this before? That got ignored?).

Hey if it has to be a popularity contest around here I guess that's the way things should be. So lets vote on it. Again (am I the only one around here who remembers there was a vote/debate on this before? That got ignored?).

I think the point was that there weren't enough opinions shared to really sway the matter one way or another. The response was lukewarm at best in either direction. I think a poll is a much better idea.

Good call on the thread and poll. As for the notion of "excuses", I pushed it out there for discussion twice and never got more than a smattering of chatter at best - post the ability to actually remove them. If the reference was to the likebomb post - again, my intent was to have a broader based discussion before just "doing the thing".

All that said, this capability was never held secret - just to clear that up. :)

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...mmunity-feedback-portal.49/page-9#post-312829

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tcf-continues-to-evolve-new-years-updates.6928/

As for why this then sat until now? Much, much bigger fish to fry. ;)

Leinfors is right. Your best bet is to go to the 505 Console news section and watch that forum. This option is up in the top right corner of the box containing the threads list. You can even set it to email you whenever a new thread is posted (these will be sent to the email you registered with). Almost all major updates get their own threads, though sometimes they're posted in a pre-existing one.
Thanks for the ideas. Not trying to sound like a grumpy old man that's too good for forums "in my day we didn't have forums ,we had to walk up hill both ways to post something, and we posted it with stone and chisel " just between work, kids and gaming I don't have time to do much else. But I would like to see a once a month quick update just to keep us in the loop. Thanks again I'll check out those options.

Question can we possibly move the face icons to the bottom near post reply because there is a lot of scrolling needed on mobile?

Hey, gratitude is feedback too! Trust me, the staff gets enough abuse...so the occasional kind word is a nice thing to see! :)
I don't know why people like to be so rude. :( Cenx had to put a post on her profile specifically saying not to, and they did it right on that post! Sometimes people make me sick. But anyways, thanks for all that you guys do! :)

the community is nice, will listen and feels they can trust each other with art, music, and other things,
what is bad is that someone has been stealing my sprites I've been making and claiming them as their own. so i guess untrustworthy members.
btw if you see this not from me tell me please :D
Sheet copy.png
(a recolor of the axe to look cooler I'm my opinion)

the community is nice, will listen and feels they can trust each other with art, music, and other things,
what is bad is that someone has been stealing my sprites I've been making and claiming them as their own. so i guess untrustworthy members.
btw if you see this not from me tell me please :D
View attachment 104397 (a recolor of the axe to look cooler I'm my opinion)
If someone has been stealing your work, report it and we will get to the bottom of the situation.

So, I noticed earlier that a member here had made three new statusses, and yet his status of yesterday was still it's 'current status'. (The one that'll appear in the popup and at top of your profile, before the other profile posts happens) As if it was pinned down.
This happened a few times to other members as well.

At the moment I can see it as a bug. but I wonder if it's an idea to have pinned statusses as well. (Similair to pinning statusses on Twitter)

I believe the reason that happens, ppowersteef, is when a user has BBcode in their status (such as colored text or embedded images), that pushes/exceeds the character limit, it won't count as the most recent status.

I believe the reason that happens, ppowersteef, is when a user has BBcode in their status (such as colored text or embedded images), that pushes/exceeds the character limit, it won't count as the most recent status.
hmmm, I might want to try that out soon.

I think there should be a feature where you can mark your profile as mature. I've noticed (and have not forgotten..) the people who would come on my profile just to watch something for the sake of being offended, then telling me how they got in trouble by a mod for doing that very thing. In before someone tells me they got in trouble for linking to a dethklok video.

Seriously though I don't want to interact with people who cringe at the word :red:. I use that word all the time. Even in public. Sometimes I say ja pierdole but only on christmas.

hint: its because a certain group of people stole yule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom