tModLoader Terrarian Dreamkeepers

Solo-Ion

Dungeon Spirit
Requires tModloader, which can be found through Steam, or can be found here.

Now updated to 3.0.1.0. I've left the old version in the attachments for legacy sake.

This is a Terrarian mod that adds several playable characters from the Dreamkeepers graphic novel series by Dave and Liz Lillie. This mod is built and compiled with tModLoader, a modding tool for Terraria, and you need tModLoader to use this mod.

This latest update brings Terrarian Dreamkeepers up to tModLoader for Terraria version 1.4.4.9 and improves how the player's head is drawn on the map. This is the first 1.4.4 version and may contain traces of bugs.

Mace - Unknown
Mace's power is currently unknown, but he has his best friend Whip to keep him company.
Mace Banner.png

Lilith - Life Force manipulation
Lilith has the ability to heal herself and nearby allies... while also draining the life force of her enemies. The more enemies around her, the less life force she drains, but the more she heals her allies for. She also has slightly increased health regen.
Lilith Banner.png

Namah - Ether Tendrils
Namah can conjure and control whip-like ether tendrils that harm any enemies that come into contact with it. The tendrils have a constant drain on her Mana.
Namah Banner.png

Bast - Heat
Bast can blast his foes with intense heat. His power has a longer cooldown than other powers, but he can charge it for a greater effect.
Bast Banner.png

Bobby - Light Generation
Bobby can create orbs of light that illuminate an area. They can follow a player or NPC around.
Bobby_Banner.png

Vi - not yet implemented
Although her power is known, I have yet to add it.
Bobby-Vi Banner.png

Acquiring the characters
'So how do I actually change my appearance?' you ask. Well, I haven't made it too easy... because that's just not Terraria. :)

You need to craft accessories known as charms to change your appearance. To craft the charms, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 Silver or Tungsten bars
- 3 Gold or Platinum bars
- 1 Precious stone
Take these items to a workbench to craft a charm. They go into your accessory slots, and also work in your vanity accessory slots.

The bars are smelted from their respective ores, which can only be found by digging underground. They may at first seem rare, but before too long, you will have more gold ingots than you know what to do with.

The precious stone determines which charm (or staff in the case of Whip) you create.
- Sapphire for Mace
- Amethyst for Lilith
- Emerald for Namah
- Topaz for Bast & Vi
- Ruby for Whip & Bobby
Precious stones are only found deep underground. Keep looking and you will find them.

'Ok, how do I find the Dreamkeepers power?' you say. Well, it will require some work to obtain. You will need to attract one of two new NPCs to your house, and this new NPC won't arrive until you have an Artist's Desk in a vacant room. You can craft an Artists Desk at a sawmill from wood, a harpy's feather and black ink. Harpy's can be found high up in the sky, while ink can be found in either ocean by defeating squids.

Previously, the powers were only suitable for pre-Hardmode content. Now, both the power and the charms can be upgraded once Hardmode is obtained. Firstly, the Dreamkeeper charms can be upgraded into Dreamkeeper forms with 10 souls of light, and will provide a boost to the base power of the power. The Dreamkeeper Power can be upgraded with eight each of souls of Sight, Might and Fright. Once upgraded, the True Dreamkeeper Power has enhanced damage, range and other effects.

Cosmetic Options
Vanity headgear items are now visible as a Dreamkeeper. However, not all vanity headgear looks good when on a Dreamkeeper. Use with discretion.

If you so desire, you can now display your equipped armour over your Dreamkeeper. Simply tap L to toggle this on and off. You can also extend the duration of your halo after using your power by tapping K. Both of these key-bindings can me changed in the options. If they don't work, they simply may need rebinding.

Thank you to @Goldobsidian for these suggestions.

Dreamkeepers Treehouse.PNG

---

Mace, Whip, Lilith, Namah and Bast belong to Dave and Liz Lillie.

For more artwork by these two talented artists, go here:
Dreamkeepers on Deviantart
For more info on the dreamworld, go here:
Dreamkeepers - Dreamworld
To read the Graphic Novels Online, go here:
Dreamkeepers Graphic Novel
Dreamkeepers Webcomic Prelude

Terraria belongs to Re-Logic

tModLoader was created by @bluemagic123 and his team.

Thank you to @bluemagic123, @zadum4ivii and @Eldrazi for helping me out on the tModLoader version.

Thanks to @Weazel75 for finding compatibility issue with other mods to do with the layers. Another thank you to @bluemagic123 and @Grox The Great for providing information and guides that was useful for creating a minion.

A big thank you to the members of the tAPI Development team, particularly the Noob-trooper @Yoraiz0r for helping me out on many occasions during the tAPI phase of this mod.

Thanks also to @Goldobsidian for a few suggestions.

And how could I forget TheHuckleberryWill for his tAPI modding tutorials that got me started all those years ago?

Have a look at my other mods.
Hotbar Swapper
Double Player Example

Attachments

• TDK v2.3.6.0.zip
    439.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
this looks nice but it would be great if you could add some screenshots so that we can get a taste of the mod ;)

thanks! much appreciated. I still remember when I first came across dreamkeepers. instantly loved it.

Its a... very interesting comic. Hard to explain without spoiling. But don't read if you have an aversion to furries.​
ehhh i'm open for everything but i'm not a big reader of comics or books, i like watching good shows instead and youtube

I've encountered something of an error. I don't believe it's on my end, because the mod seems to be working as intended. However, when I have the charms equiped, the game doesn't seem to want to render spears. I'm still fairly early into this world, so I can't say the issue exists with all of the spears. However, I know it affects both the Spear and Trident in this way, and that the issue isn't present in shortswords. Apologies if you knew about this already, I hadn't seen any mention of it.

If it helps, I am in fact playing Single Player, and this is the only mod I have active- playing it with the only other r13a mod I could find (Grox the Great's Mods o' Magic), resulted in a very interesting conflict. But that's to be expected between mods, and is neither here nor there. Have I messed something up on my end, or is this something others have been able to replicate?

I've encountered something of an error. I don't believe it's on my end, because the mod seems to be working as intended. However, when I have the charms equiped, the game doesn't seem to want to render spears. I'm still fairly early into this world, so I can't say the issue exists with all of the spears. However, I know it affects both the Spear and Trident in this way, and that the issue isn't present in shortswords. Apologies if you knew about this already, I hadn't seen any mention of it.

If it helps, I am in fact playing Single Player, and this is the only mod I have active- playing it with the only other r13a mod I could find (Grox the Great's Mods o' Magic), resulted in a very interesting conflict. But that's to be expected between mods, and is neither here nor there. Have I messed something up on my end, or is this something others have been able to replicate?
Well, this is news to me.

My mods works by hiding the layers that contains the players armour and then inserting my own. Either I've hidden a layer that I shouldn't have or spears share a layer that is also used by the players armour. Possibly the arm layer. I haven't found any spears in my world, so I can't test this yet. Thanks for finding this, I'm sure that there's many other little bugs like this waiting to be discovered.

I'll also have to find out what the issue is between this and Grox the Great's Mods o' Magic. Clearly more testing is in order.

Thanks again.

Ah, glad I could be of help!

More specifically, the issue I had between this mod and Grox's is that the players arm and head appear above the Dreamkeeper's. Likely, it's another layering issue, as the head, at the very least, can be spotted behind the player's own. I didn't know what to think of it until you mentioned how the mod works. Thanks for your time!

More specifically, the issue I had between this mod and Grox's is that the players arm and head appear above the Dreamkeeper's. Likely, it's another layering issue, as the head, at the very least, can be spotted behind the player's own. I didn't know what to think of it until you mentioned how the mod works. Thanks for your time!
You're welcome.

By the sounds of it, Grox's mod inserts another player layer into the playerLayer list, causing this visual bug. I'm having a short break from mod development to work on something else, but once that's done I'll come back and have a look into this.

Finally, an update! I believe that I've fixed both the invisible spear and the incorrectly drawn character layers. When I first wrote the script that added the player layers I was inserting them by number. I didn't realise that by adding new layers, I was changing the numbers of each layer, which meant that spears were moved to a hidden layer. My mod now inserts layers by name which fixes the spear issue and hopefully prevents any conflicts with other mods.

Unfortunately, it seems that a bug in R14a causes Whip to run backwards some of the time. I'll fix this for my next update.

hey this is amazing its just that i'm confused with how to get the npc's in your town

still im amazed by your skills

I think those characters are supposed to be players.

Although the mod author has added Dave and Liz (the creators of Dreamkeepers) to the mod.

hey this is amazing its just that i'm confused with how to get the npc's in your town

still im amazed by your skills
I think those characters are supposed to be players.

Although the mod author has added Dave and Liz (the creators of Dreamkeepers) to the mod.
I've added Dave and Liz as town NPC's. They won't show up unless you have a vacant room with an Artists Desk in it. You can craft an Artists Desk at a sawmill from wood, a harpy's feather and black ink. Harpy's can be found high up in the sky, while ink can be found at either ocean by defeating squids.

Thank you and sorry, I've been away for a while and haven't been able to respond.

Does this mod add any items?
Note: Im kinda new to Terraria I only played the mobile version and not much of it.

Back
Top Bottom