Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

So this just happand somehow.
oXx1Wey.jpg

Didn't even get a chance to damage it, it actually spawned a bit above the usuall place because a Voodo doll demon flew from hell up to where I was in a hallow cavern biome just above hell, so it flew up there died and dropped the doll into a lava pool.
So I tried to drop down and to hell so I could kill it but it pulled me back up and I got stuck.
There was nothing I could do, I was stuck infinitly in the being pulled in thing, so I just road with the wall up and up and up.
kFjMpeN.jpg
In the end I died and respawned back in my base, but wait why was the wall of flesh still on the map?
He just kept going up and up and up in a direction.
VVNyFVy.jpg

and suddently, Hello there wall of flesh?
No wall of wall of Flesh, just the eyes and mouth and hungreys flying around without the string but they was still attached to something.
PV2OT7a.jpg

So I now have a WoF box on the Surface.
mY869dF.jpg

So this just happand somehow.
oXx1Wey.jpg

Didn't even get a chance to damage it, it actually spawned a bit above the usuall place because a Voodo doll demon flew from hell up to where I was in a hallow cavern biome just above hell, so it flew up there died and dropped the doll into a lava pool.
So I tried to drop down and to hell so I could kill it but it pulled me back up and I got stuck.
There was nothing I could do, I was stuck infinitly in the being pulled in thing, so I just road with the wall up and up and up.
kFjMpeN.jpg
In the end I died and respawned back in my base, but wait why was the wall of flesh still on the map?
He just kept going up and up and up in a direction.
VVNyFVy.jpg

and suddently, Hello there wall of flesh?
No wall of wall of Flesh, just the eyes and mouth and hungreys flying around without the string but they was still attached to something.
PV2OT7a.jpg

So I now have a WoF box on the Surface.
mY869dF.jpg
Same happened to me. WoF is pretty buggy sometimes...

Over 800 hours and I've still never found a single one of those altars underground, Let alone an legitimate drop. :(

Every single world created Post 1.3 will have at least one Sword Shrine Altar (though some are fake). Just look for the vertical one-block wide pits. If you must, dig a horizontal tunnel about 50-80 feet above "surface" (as defined by the Depth Meter). You should eventually hit one of these one-block wide pits which will lead you to the shrine. Fact is, Medium worlds usually have at least 2 of them.

Every single world created Post 1.3 will have at least one Sword Shrine Altar (though some are fake). Just look for the vertical one-block wide pits. If you must, dig a horizontal tunnel about 50-80 feet above "surface" (as defined by the Depth Meter). You should eventually hit one of these one-block wide pits which will lead you to the shrine. Fact is, Medium worlds usually have at least 2 of them.

I think all small worlds have one, all medium worlds have three, and all large worlds have four. It is never guaranteed that one will be real.

I think all small worlds have one, all medium worlds have three, and all large worlds have four. It is never guaranteed that one will be real.

Something like that. I don't know the exact numbers, but that sounds right from what I remember.

I know it is a small sample size, but I've yet to make a world that didn't have an Enchanted Sword that wasn't fake somewhere in it since 1.3, though the one world, both of the sword shrines I found were fake and then I found one randomly in some place later on that wasn't fake. It merely seems that the actual shrines are more likely to be real than ones you find anywhere, but I'll admit I don't have actual proof of that, it just seems that way from experiences I've had thusfar.

I know two examples doesn't make a trend, but if Nev's screenshot and mine are any indication, maybe Granite biomes possess qualities (nice open spaces of a certain size at a certain minimum depth) that make Enchanted Sword Shrines slightly more likely to spawn there.

Pure speculation, I know.

Probably just coincidence. What is certain is that the Enchanted Sword 'spawns' are designed to match regular stone, which is in stark contrast to the dark granite, making them much more easily noticed within Granite biomes.

In other news: I kind of dig the little village you can see in this background.
orRr0BM.png

You kind of have to wonder if they can see you fighting all those monsters and Events from over there, and it terrifies them. :nymph:

Last edited:
I know two examples doesn't make a trend, but if Nev's screenshot and mine are any indication, maybe Granite biomes possess qualities (nice open spaces of a certain size at a certain minimum depth) that make Enchanted Swords slightly more likely to spawn there.

Pure speculation, I know.

Probably just coincidence. What is certain is that the Enchanted Sword 'spawns' are designed to match regular stone, which is in stark contrast to the dark granite, making them much more easily noticed within Granite biomes.
eh...I rather look for enchanted sword shrines <.<

I just caught a pic of something i never ever expected.

Night came on a new singleplayer playthrough, and i was ready to fight EoC. I had my summon ready, and spammed it right as the night started... However...
You sense an evil presence watching you..."
I summoned EoC Just as the message appeared, so i thought "Well i just wasted a summon". But i didnt. Glitches almighty, caused THIS moment!

2015-09-16_00001.jpg

I beat both, since the first one was almost dead. But i did NOT expect 2 EoCs. Ever. (It is in singleplayer. im suspecting the cause of this is gamelauncher).

I just caught a pic of something i never ever expected.

Night came on a new singleplayer playthrough, and i was ready to fight EoC. I had my summon ready, and spammed it right as the night started... However...
You sense an evil presence watching you..."
I summoned EoC Just as the message appeared, so i thought "Well i just wasted a summon". But i didnt. Glitches almighty, caused THIS moment!

View attachment 77898
I beat both, since the first one was almost dead. But i did NOT expect 2 EoCs. Ever. (It is in singleplayer. im suspecting the cause of this is gamelauncher).
"The Twins have awoken!"

(It is in singleplayer. im suspecting the cause of this is gamelauncher).
No, actually. If you summon a boss before it naturally spawns due to a in-game message, you get to fight two of that boss at the same time. This applies to the Mech Bosses as well.

However, I would doubt it would work for Moon Lord due to the special animations that play before the fight starts.

View attachment 77940
From one Martian Madness. This game hates me sometimes, look at all the repeats!

Dude, a FROZEN KEY? You know, in 3 playthroughs since 1.3, I've not gotten one single biome key despite farming an Ankh Shield in each playthrough?

That's right, I've managed to farm up ALL of the Ankh Shield items except for the Nazar (which I always do Pre-Hardmode) and in a couple playthroughs, the Bezoar, without getting a single Biome Key. In fact, my first 1.3 playthrough, I killed 150 turtles without finding a single shell, plus all of the bees, slimes, man eaters, etc (and two uzis in that one playthrough), but still no Jungle Key.

I still do not have the biome key achievement to this day (nor do I have the rainbow gun achievement by extension), despite me primarily using the Hallow Desert to farm for Fast Clocks, Megaphones, and Trifold Maps.

In fact, I have 5 Blessed Apples across these playthroughs, and 0 Hallow Keys.

Dude, a FROZEN KEY? You know, in 3 playthroughs since 1.3, I've not gotten one single biome key despite farming an Ankh Shield in each playthrough?

That's right, I've managed to farm up ALL of the Ankh Shield items except for the Nazar (which I always do Pre-Hardmode) and in a couple playthroughs, the Bezoar, without getting a single Biome Key. In fact, my first 1.3 playthrough, I killed 150 turtles without finding a single shell, plus all of the bees, slimes, man eaters, etc (and two uzis in that one playthrough), but still no Jungle Key.

I still do not have the biome key achievement to this day (nor do I have the rainbow gun achievement by extension), despite me primarily using the Hallow Desert to farm for Fast Clocks, Megaphones, and Trifold Maps.

Didn't really care, actually, that's my second. But the first I gave to my brother for a Horseman's Blade, and I already unlocked the chest. But all those influx wavers and xeno staffs (which apparently sell for 20 silver)...

I've got a ton of Corruption keys, though.

Tried farming King Slime for a key? He tends to generate of spawns, It's an amazing soul farm.

Back
Top Bottom