Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

2015-10-19_00001.jpg

'Just another rainy day...'

Loads, and Loads, and LOADS of Platinum on the Surface in this latest world/playthrough!

In fact, there's so much of it, that I'm going to use a spoiler tag.

All of this was found to the right of my starting location.

C434D0B41E12265A35BF6E293BE0E0CE39277407

^^
This is the first one. I was thinking "huh. odd. I'll screenshot this."

D705118A2A57B171FB03BA5F87983834A02108CF

Not too long after, I came across this, and I was like "WOW!" When I got done mining this, I had 60 Platinum Ore on me. As you can see in the screenshot, I've got some stuff already. I made a trip into the caves and then I was like "ok now that I got some armor and weapons, I'll explore the surface".

Anyways...

AC41AAB6AAA1D614CE102230732ACAC2A99C5479

Found Even More Platinum!

A675D3C7F5AF7D1B4E8361720C07E2E2CCA6FFCE

.....now this is getting ridiculous.

17BE6BFCF6AA2EA8FBC875427F84F0B5A6583209

I saw a glimmer at the bottom of this water pool.... could it be...? Why yes... more platinum.

ACF7ED8D2695F69E180AD81C5D5080E19B308914

And finally, right near the dungeon (there was lots of corruption and sand on the other side of the Dungeon), one last bit of platinum.

What I didn't mention or show in these screenshots, is all the silver I found along with the platinum.

I went from 19 Silver Ore to 161 Platinum and 196 Silver just by exploring the surface to the right of my spawn point.

That's just shy of two-thirds of all the silver ore you need for a full suit of silver armor, and the platinum would easily make you a pickaxe, an axe, and a pocketwatch, Easy. All without ever delving into a single cave.

I wish I'd known this before going into the caves, I coulda done this and taken a screenshot of me having this equipment before even going underground lol.
That is one great world. I hope it continues to give you gifts like this, that's fantastic. It's a shame we can't rename worlds once we're in them. I'd rename it Platinum Party World of Goodness.

A new playtrough, now magic, not ranged. Trying out different classes and challenges.

This happens if a granite cave appears in hell:

2.png

1.png

Oh, I've played that map too, isn't it that Custom Map called Minilands - Iced?
The map works weirdly on that map, I don't know if it's because it's too tall or something.

Oh, I've played that map too, isn't it that Custom Map called Minilands - Iced?
The map works weirdly on that map, I don't know if it's because it's too tall or something.
Pretty sure that's it. Minilands has an unusually large map (I think it was created using a mod of some sort) so it clips WAY off the map. I saw that same problem when I played in it myself.

Found an underground enchanted sword while recording, already had one :p
(do you not know how rare it is to find one like this?)
DhgxStY.png

1.png

This is probably one of my luckiest runs I ever had. First the RoD, now The Axe. Also it's the first Plantera I fought on this run. What now? Last Prism on my first Moon Lord? It'd be cool anyway.

2015-10-10_00005.jpg

Well strange plants grow on strange place, that's logic.
The story of screenshot: There was a fallen star landed on that hit the BlinKroot very accurately, not really common things.

Back
Top Bottom