Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

6466C8F8-7DAE-4EBC-9281-44BA943E63EC.png
Funnily enough, I was looking for a ruby to make a crown when I stumble onto this.

I didn't time or count it, but I'd say this is the product of about 8 hours of farming and between 80-100 Pirate invasions to get my Coin Gun. (technically second Coin Gun. I had one drop on literally my 4th invasion, before the Pirate Staff, Discount Card and Lucky Coin. The only thing I had at that point was the Gold Ring...but my computer decided to crash about 30 seconds after it dropped, taking my Coin Gun with it. So, I was determined to get another!)

Each Screenshot is to show how many pirates of each type I had to kill (and I had to start another invasion to get the Captain count, because no more spawned after the gun dropped).

TDM4aUz.jpg

iiCTMxV.jpg

nRnbGSs.jpg

NoXMLm9.jpg

WgGJbJb.jpg

l9GPw9e.jpg

LGT8kqO.jpg

Just finished farming this about 15 minutes ago. Finally done...going to take a break and maybe start looking into buying a new computer :p

Story time!

So I'm trying to come up with little projects to do or items to hunt that can be accomplished Pre-Mechanical boss. Long story. (That's why I farmed a Coin Gun in the screenshots of the previous post).

Anyway, I decided I was going to farm a Slime Staff because the only time I had ever gotten one was ages ago on a different character off of Pinky. However, to my dismay, I did not actually have a Slime Statue to set up the automated farm. So, I went out to hunt one down. After a bit of headache, I decided it would go much smoother to make a new small server so I don't have to deal with the more dangerous hardmode enemies and can focus entirely on hunting down the statue.

Anyway, as I am hunting and collecting pretty much every decorative item I came across, I found this little gem.

MYe11zN.jpg

The screenshot was taken right where I found it, on top of this little building. It's not a shrine (to the best of my knowledge) it's just a granite biome. I guess it would have to be a shrine within the granite biome? I don't know. Anyway, I saw the little sword thing sitting on top, I smacked it and out popped Arkhalis. First one I've ever gotten and in the most bizarre of places.

However, I still hadn't found my Slime Statue at that point, so my search continued. And I searched and searched and searched some more. I was about to give up when I decided to search the dungeon before calling it quits. As luck would have it, I did finally find my slime statue. It took forever though. Now, this may be a small world, but I had to look high and low before ultimately finding it. This is what my map looked like by the end of my search.

WCWWvyG.jpg

Bear in mind, this server was made for the sole purpose of finding a Slime Statue. I literally did nothing else. At least I found the mechanic though! :p (And the one death you see right below my character is where I used the Rod of Discord to teleport into the dungeon without realizing it was the dungeon and the Dungeon Guardian had a few choice words to say about that. Needless to say though, I had to search quite a bit of the world to finally find my statue.

So after finally finding my statue as well as the nice bonus of a shiny new Arkhalis in my inventory, I went back to my primary server to set up a Slime Staff farm. Now I expected to have to sit there for quite some time to get the Slime Staff to eventually drop. However, it didn't take very long at all. I basically set up the farm, went to the restroom for a few minutes and when I came out, there was a Slime Staff waiting for me.

3ACOoR3.jpg

You'll notice that at the time of the screenshot, I had just defeated the 800th Blue Slime. I'm unsure how many I had killed prior to setting up the farm but in the grand scheme of things, this is a very low number considering the drop is I believe 1/7000 in Hardmode.

Hro7mkD.jpg

And as you can see, it's just a good ol' regular Slime Staff. So, mission accomplished!

However, now I'm kind of at the bottom of my idea barrel as to what to do pre-mechanical boss. If anyone has any ideas as to what I should do and haven't already done, let me know! lol.

8C2242CF-701E-40D8-BFB8-60315E439181.png
Somehow, an arch wyvern of the mobile version drop a shadow key(note how the key is under the top of the ground, if I faked it it will be on the ground instead of under it.

Hey, where did my ocean go?
20180624190225_1.jpg

//Edit: This is even worse than I expected
I got that weird feeling of anxiety...
20180624190317_1.jpg

As I venture down the pyramid, I keep hearing sounds of stuff (vases etc.) breaking, this is so creepy
20180624190429_1.jpg

Why would this happen, you ask?
You see, this world was generated with Thorium Mod on. Then it was IMPORTED BACK into VANILLA Terraria. (Yes, it's possible, modded stuff is stored separately)
This is the remnant of the Aquantic Depths biome.

Interesting fact is that there aren't any modded ores holes and similar stuff, everything is just like a Vanilla Terraria world apart from this very place.

It seems like the world generation while Thorium Mod is on influences the Vanilla Terraria files too. (I've heard modded stuff is stored separately, but it seems it refers to modded blocks and tiles)
The mod seems to influence the world, while all of modded blocks and walls are stored elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom