Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

For the longest time (until I was informed otherwise), I thought Terraria was programmed to specifically avoid dropping meteorites on your buildings, because it had never happened to me.

Eventually, I had one hit the corner of a dungeon, and another hit the edge of a floating island... but I didn't build those.

Well, this screenshot is about as close as you can get without a disaster (note the red circle). Still, this particular structure could have been replaced relatively easily, compared to, say, my home base.

RF77oJO.png

For the longest time (until I was informed otherwise), I thought Terraria was programmed to specifically avoid dropping meteorites on your buildings, because it had never happened to me.

Eventually, I had one hit the corner of a dungeon, and another hit the edge of a floating island... but I didn't build those.

Well, this screenshot is about as close as you can get without a disaster (note the red circle). Still, this particular structure could have been replaced relatively easily, compared to, say, my home base.

I believe what they actually avoid are NPCs and chests. Since your home base will usually have either or both of those it's generally safe.

RF77oJO.png
It's just a scratch

This is not a screen shot, but more of a video moment. I was searching shadow chests for the Hell Wing Bow for a friend, and came across a Drax in a Shadow Chest. Then the game crashed, and since I had an opportunity to record this, I figured I might as well.

[doublepost=1468334810,1468334794][/doublepost]

Also I found this in my dungeon.
80E319D8D27C008D18A67527343D3E335E3B593D

For the Drax part, now I'm just very convinced you are lying. There is no possible WAY that that could happen. There is nothing in the games code to cause a drax to spawn in a chest and make the game crash. This only happens in Console and Mobile.

RF77oJO.png
I believe what they actually avoid are NPCs and chests. Since your home base will usually have either or both of those it's generally safe.
Also, Meteorites will never spawn in the middle part of the map.

You can also prevent meteors spawning at all, you only have to place a certain amount of meteor blocks in your world. because meteors won't land when there are enough 'meteors' on your world.

For the Drax part, now I'm just very convinced you are lying. There is no possible WAY that that could happen. There is nothing in the games code to cause a drax to spawn in a chest and make the game crash. This only happens in Console and Mobile.

Not true, I legitimately found this in my world without the use of any world editing programs. It would be impossible to edit the contents in a locked chest without a third party program.

While exploring my jungle i found the lizard temple...
Well 2 chests spawned outside and well heres the loot:
256eeac097.png

I can summon a eclipse... its nice when terraria gives you something extra, also spikeball traps and spear traps!
AFK farming isnt to hard now mwhuahaha!

Also, Meteorites will never spawn in the middle part of the map.

You can also prevent meteors spawning at all, you only have to place a certain amount of meteor blocks in your world. because meteors won't land when there are enough 'meteors' on your world.
Yeah, after I learned this stuff, back in the day, I started building sky bridges to ward against it. These days, most meteorites hit (and wreck) the hoik bridges I use to collect fallen stars; but I've been too lazy to build any in my latest two worlds.

And too OC/greedy to leave 800 blocks of meteorite ore lying around my world. ~:D

755d64529a.jpg

World Gen making people traverse deserts safer, every day, any time.
-World Gen, your best friend when it comes to deserts
This just happened to me in a modded playthrough.

Not true, I legitimately found this in my world without the use of any world editing programs. It would be impossible to edit the contents in a locked chest without a third party program.
Then you're either doing a modded playthrough (In that case I apologise) or you used third party software to put it in there because who the hell would start a recording right before unlocking a shadow chest? Like I said, there is no way even in the CODE that the Drax could've spawned there. So don't lie, it just causes debate. Period.

Back
Top Bottom