Official TerrariaOnline will be closing down soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRC is an interesting thing - I assume the old one no longer works? I honestly haven't looked.

Thoughts?

The link to TerrariaOnline's IRC network was on that forum but I don't think it was ever officially supported over here with its own thread or anything. I wouldn't make assumptions or conclusions about the hosting without asking someone who would know - like Kane.

I believe the IRC network would be a benefit to this community as it would allow for faster communication than the current standard of posting comments on profiles and statuses.

TO...I remember when I started making threads and art there, the feedback was nice and enjoyable.
All the random events that happened were in some way hillarious and that was the reason why I keep coming back there.

It's sad to see it going, but things come and go.

TCF uses a different trophy system without points, and the rest simple aren't feasible to transfer.
Typo.

Anyway, I'm so sad to see TO go. I had never made a TO account (I should've), but I had seen a lot of stuff happen on there. Goodbye TO!

Last edited:
Well, it's really sad... especially if you've read Kanes statment in the TO steam group, which goes a lot more into detail than what he wrote on TO. This guy has a huge part in Terraria's success, if you like it or not and at the end of the day, he was left by nearly everyone and screwed over by some other...

From my own experience with a different game, I know how it is to work with Curse... and therefor "signing a deal with the devil" comes to my mind. They aren't evil, but they are all business. If you or your site aren't one of the big ones with much reach so you matter for them advertisement-revenue-wise, you better don't even talk to them - ever.

On the other hand, with introducing a real "official" community here on Terraria.org the days of TO were counted anyway. I just wish you guys had given Kane the chance to be an important part of it here. At the end, the only thing this guy ever wanted is to back-up a game he really loves and maybe without his work in the early days, there wouldn't have been a reason to build a Terraria.org community anymore at the point in time it was finally done.

TO was always my first source for information, for downloads, for news, for development progress during the time I played Terraria nearly every day for several hours. Thanks for that. And thank you, Kane. I wish you all the luck in the world to solve the problems you have currently and hope to see you soon - somewhere else.

Last edited:
Just visited TO again for the first time in years, just to say goodbye. I'll be honest, the way it's falling apart, barely anything still working? It's making me pretty damn sad. Wasn't expecting that.

I guess I figured I didn't have the right to say anything, considering I was never really all that active, but damn, in hindsight that place was pretty special for me. The first online community where I really felt at home, mainly because everyone didn't hate each other. I met some good people there, and hey, without TO I'd never ended up here.

And while writing this, it happened. TerrariaOnline is no more.

Yeah....the end of an era, indeed. It had a lot of ups and downs, but it played a critical role in building the community during its days.

Certainly gone but not forgotten.

I didn't realize quite how much it meant to me until I typed in the url and ended up here...

Perhaps the redirect should lead to this thread so people get an explanation of why they're being redirected?

Perhaps the redirect should lead to this thread so people get an explanation of why they're being redirected?
Probably not, the first thing they'd see is 'closing down soon' and they might assume that it was THIS site that was closing.

We discussed having a banner message, but decided against it.

sigh, it's sad to see the place i grew up as a member for the past four years is now.. gone. sure i had some embarrassing moments when i first started out on there, but there were still some good memories that came out from it.

the website itself, as well as the friends i've made on there had made a big impact in my life, and i honestly don't know where i'd go without them.

Will it be forgotten? No, because Kane.

that reminds me... i figured i'd show off an old relic during my first year on TO. if anyone still remembers kane's creation compendium-like threads back then, then you might remember this submission i made for one of the themes.

Um, call me cold, but so what? Wasn't TO previously an official Terraria site? We've moved since then, I really thought this one was gone already. This happens, sites move around.

Um, call me cold, but so what? Wasn't TO previously an official Terraria site? We've moved since then, I really thought this one was gone already. This happens, sites move around.
Memories don't move. For some people, TO holds a very special place in their hearts because of what started or happened there. All the friendships, laughs and drama that happened on TO are TO's.

Essentially, "I guess you had to be there".

I wish the site could have stayed online longer before it went dark entirely. I just found out about this but would have liked to back up some of the pages on there. :/

I wish the site could have stayed online longer before it went dark entirely. I just found out about this but would have liked to back up some of the pages on there. :/

Some pages are still in the cache, last time I checked. If you're lucky, and know what you're looking for, you can still find them.

Some pages are still in the cache, last time I checked. If you're lucky, and know what you're looking for, you can still find them.
Yeah the Wayback Machine has cached a portion of the pages I wanted to archive, but not all of them. Google cache might have the rest, but short of some online tool that can automate it, manually saving all the pages is going to be a little painful.

Is there a third cache site I'm not aware of other than Wayback Machine and Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom