Official Terraria's 8th Anniversary - Ask Redigit and Cenx!

Discussion in 'Community News & Features' started by Unit One, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Unit One
Reason: Entries are closed
Lock date: 04:03 21-05-2019
  1. TerrarianJake

TerrarianJake Terrarian

Does the cultist actually say anything like...comprehensible language? what does the cultist say? i hear "i know you know"

2. Ematio

Ematio Terrarian

If you had to make DLC for Terraria, what would the theme be?

3. TheDarknessSoldier

TheDarknessSoldier Ice Queen

I really hope this isn't like, just a not good question to ask for some reason, but. . .
    What engine/IDE is Terraria made in, and/or what coding language is it made in? I know the tModLoader mods are made in C#, but I'm not sure about the actual game. I'm interested because coding is something I'd like to, well, get more advanced with (the most I can do is slightly basic modding for Terraria).

4. Exodus Starlit

Exodus Starlit Dungeon Spirit

Well I have some questions.

[​IMG]
    Will this boy get released in the next update? It's kinda sad this Cavern Water Fountain didn't got released with other when it was finished.

Realating to water fountains, before re-sprites of Water Fountains there were two addiational fountain what were seen to be like mushroom biome (to somebody it was looking like Thunderstorm) and the other that looked like volcanic eruption.
    Were there planned other events like rain/blizzard before it got all scratched out?

What was idea behind alternate biome Crimson and ores?

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    TheWorfer27 likes this.
  5. jay26553

jay26553 Terrarian

Do you plan on making more biomes for the game?

6. Michael18751

Michael18751 Spazmatism

Is terraria 3ds getting more bug fixes or is it discontinuted?

7. Ammon TWC

Ammon TWC Terrarian

could you add villages, with random NPCs that don’t work like normal NPCs; but almost like ‘generic’ NPCs?
    :happy:

==Other stuff==
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2019, Original Post Date: May 19, 2019 ---
    The making of Terraria was inspired by Minecraft’s creative idea of a simple sandbox game.

8. The Last Terrarian

The Last Terrarian Terrarian

Have you ever considered the possibility of a new class? *cough* *bard* cough*
    Second, what are your favourite bosses?
    Third, have you considered giving mini bosses treasure bags? (Pumpking, snow queen, etc.)
    Finally, are you planning on adding post-moon lord content? *cough* cthulu* cough* mechanical brain* cough*.

Also, electroman, the reason there is no mech brain is because the mechanic never finished.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  9. Spazmatism2002

Spazmatism2002 Terrarian

How did you come up with the idea of the broken hero sword, and it being dropped by creatures in the solar eclipses?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2019, Original Post Date: May 19, 2019 ---

N. O. Nonono

10. Phantasmental

Phantasmental Terrarian

1. Where did you get the idea of slime enemies?
    2. What is your favorite weapon in the game (excluding dev sets)?

11. What is your favorite song? (for both Redigit and Cenxx)

12. LightX

LightX Steampunker

Did you start working or planning about 1.4?

13. Electroman102

Electroman102 Skeletron Prime

1. Are you pleased with how Terraria has turned out. If not, how would you have preferred it to have become?

2. Are there any plans to add more bosses before or after Moon Lord?

3. Is there a specific reason as to why there isn’t a crimson counterpart to the Destroyer and Spazmatism?

4. Why did you decide to go with the “Lunar” theme at the end? Were there other considered themes?

5. Are there any plans to finish the throwing class?

6. Are there any plans to better implement the Ranger and Summoner class pre-Hardmode?

14. ilysha130

ilysha130 Terrarian

Что послужило толчком создания игры - террария? Как вы пришли к этой задумке и её реализации?
    ===========================
    What was the impetus for the creation of the game terraria? How did you come to this idea and its implementation?

15. Plgib

Plgib Skeletron Prime

What was your favourite thing to code/develop/add to the game?

16. ICP Boccia

ICP Boccia Terrarian

What was your working experience before you started making videogames?
    I'm almost out of high school and I'd like to make videogames one day, but I don't know how to start.

17. neoselket

neoselket Ice Queen

Is there going to be a terraria 2? If so, are you considering making it 3D?
    Is terraria going to stop receiving updates at any point?
    Is terraria otherworld ever going to be picked back up again?

18. Animus Viral

Animus Viral The Destroyer

My question is simple, where would you say your inspiration comes from for making the game?

19. Miku Hatsune

Miku Hatsune Pixel Privateer

Will terraria have more decorative blocks?
    just look at starbound and you will get it

20. Drdragonfly

Drdragonfly Skeletron

Thank you so much for continuously working on this game!

While mods can often give a representation of what the hardcore/engaged subset of the community wants, implimenting this type of content can easily lead down a road of higher complexity and difficulty in the game. Aside from Expert mode, what design decisions have you made in the past that make both long time players, but also newcomers to the game feel comfortable. Are there any such further plans for the future?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.