Official Terraria's 8th Anniversary - Ask Redigit and Cenx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a nice question!
What inspired you to make Terraria back in 2011 or before? And describe how it felt when you had released every update after tons of hard work!
Also Happy Anniversary! I've been a fan for 4 years now. The times keep changing!

1. Games as a service typically have DLC or some other form of providing income to help fund the continued development and support of a product. Why did you guys choose not to go this route? Have there been any challenges or major consequences as a result of not doing this or has default sales and merchandise been enough to sustain development?

2. Have you guys ever used any mods? Any favorites? There have been a couple of mods I used that ruined me and now I can't play without them. Magic Storage being one and Gotest's RPG Mods being another.

3. What's the general feeling of using XNA and .Net amongst the developers? Do you guys plan on switching to a different engine in future products or do you feel XNA and .Net serves your purposes rather well?

4. Eight years... What an incredible amount of time. What lessons in particular did you learn over these eight years that you feel provided you with valuable knowledge for future and current development?

Will you add more traps to the base game ?

Today, Terraria is by far one of my favorite games , with insane possibilities, but what annoyed me there was the lack of a big variety of traps . I came out with several Ideas if interested but also with a question to know if you were planning to add traps .

1. Gas/smoke trap ; a trap that fill a whole room with gas or smoke and darken your visibility or poison you

2. Electric trap ; a trap that zap and stun the player , dealing critic damages

3. Saw trap ; a trap that when activated make a saw appears through the block

4. False statues ; similar to mimics, false statues when activated would have their eyes blinking and would start to attack the nearest player .

5. Blade traps ; with giant blades swinging to kill the player .

Whenever you started developing Terraria, did you ever in your mind think it was going to be as big of a success as it is today? I can imagine how awestruck you would still be with that thought alone.

To Redigit: I know you and Nintendo haven't had the best relationship. If you could say 1 thing to Nintendo without getting In trouble or anything, what would it be
To Cenx: Did you meet Red before or after he became "famous". Also, did you meet him IRL or online?

Hi cenx i've been a fan for 5 years my question is "will there be a new hook mechanic such as swings" and how did you feel when 1.3.4 was released and terraria reached its HIGHEST peak? :)

Have you considered adding foreground blocks, which fade away when you walk behind them?
This way we'd have more details to builds and hide the interiors. If it's not possible with the current engine would you consider it for the next terraria?

Talking about engine limitations, what additional liquid (or gasses) would you guys like to see added?

Also, have you seen gameplay of Noita, it has so-called simulated pixels, destructible environments, flammable gasses etc. I would love to see those elements added to terraria (2?) , imagine tunneling into a cavern filled with natural gas and getting your torch out, it would be a glorious end to a hardcore character!

thank you redigit, cenx and everybody at relogic for an amazing game with countless updates, happy anniversary!
love this game!

eHcInY3.png

kdcROYP.png

• ASK REDIGIT AND CENX •
Submit your questions in this thread​
  • Have you ever wondered something about Terraria... how Redigit came up with the idea, what Cenx thought about the game the first time she played it... now is your chance to ask, and if you are lucky enough your question may be answered
  • Entries will close Monday, May 20 at 11:59 PM EDT
  • One post per member. No placeholder posts. You can ask as many questions as you want, but please keep them in one post. You may edit your post anytime.
  • Please keep questions reasonable and do not spam
  • A few questions will be chosen and answered (not all of them)
  • Every member that asks a question will automatically be entered into a raffle
    • You can ask as many questions as you want, but it won't increase your chance of winning. One raffle entry per qualifying member.
    • Raffle winner will be chosen by random draw and will win a prize of:
      • $50 Steam money
divider.png

Will Terraria finished the development in future? (I mean next 10-20 years)

What where your thoughts when you designed Duke Fishron? I'm pretty interested, since the mix of a boar and a fish that shoots tornados which shoot sharks is quite... special.

Another question: Is the demolitionist a dwarf or simply a small bearded man? If he is a dwarf, is he the only one? And if so, what happened to the rest?

Last edited:
To Both: Do you guys have any more crossover or even reference ideas? For example, indie game references like Undertale/Deltarune:happy: A Hat In Time:cool: etc. Or are you leaving that up to modders:confused: Thanks;)

Sorry about the emoji overload. They’re too fun to not use!

I have played on mobile for about 2 months now and I have fell in love with this game, and I am really hoping for you to at least give us a release date for mobile. I really do want to see this game grow and 1.3 on mobile will definitely bring more players to this game.:happy:

Looking back, were there any decisions made during Terraria's development that you've come to regret? Perhaps something you feel you could've handled better, or a game design choice you've grown against over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom