Terrariaserver crashing(?) my computer's internet connection/ethernet

s0mething

Terrarian
So yesterday, I attempted to host a server for my girlfriend and I to play on, and everything worked fine for a while. Then, suddenly, my computer lost connection to the internet completely.

Initially, I thought my ISP went down or my router needed a restart. I reset my router to no avail, and realized that the wifi was still working. I restarted my computer and it was connected to the internet again. Restarted the server, girlfriend joined, and we played for several hours with no other problems.

Fast forward to today, and every time she's attempted to join the server via IP, it's "crashed" my ethernet. I have zero clue as to why this happens, and was wondering if there was any way to fix it.

Some info that might serve as clues: these 2 days have been the first I've hosted a server since I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, the former of which has a built in wifi adapter, something my old motherboard didn't have. Also, the issue persisted until I restarted my computer. On one occasion, I dug around in my network settings and saw that my ethernet was disabled. Attempting to reenable it did nothing. No idea if any of this is relevant information, but I genuinely don't have any idea what's going on here.

Any help/insight would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hello! I have been having the same issue recently when hosting my own Terraria server. I have port forwarded and just run the server through the start-server.bat file in the Terraria folder. It doesn't happen every time, but sometimes when a person tries to connect, it will completely disconnect me from the internet. I can see in the server log that they were connecting, but never joined. Everyone that is on the server will get kicked, except for me since I'm hosting it on my PC. I have to restart my PC in order to get internet access back. I have hosting a minecraft server in the past, but haven't had any issues with that yet. So far this issue is only happening sometimes when people connect to my terraria server.

I am also getting this weird issue. My internet stays up indefinitely if not triggered by this bug. It doesn't happen every time, but sometimes, someone tries to connect to the terraria server I'm hosting here on my PC, and I lose all internet access. I am wired to the router, but after the bug triggers, I can't connect to the internet via wireless nor Wi-Fi. Everyone in my house still has internet access, but I can't restore my PC's without restarting my computer. I'm on Windows 11 -- recently-updated to 22H2 (OS Build 22621.521) -- on an AMD Ryzen 5900x CPU with an ASUS x570 motherboard, and I have all the latest drivers as of this writing.

For whatever it's worth, I've hosted a ton of servers, and even self-hosted Terraria basically since it came out, and I've never seen this issue before. If any further information about this issue is needed, I am happy to provide it.

Im having the same issue as listed here. Havent found a fix yet. Found a reddit post where they mentioned just buying a PCI network card and adding that to their PC. Im not against doing that, but would be nice to know if anyone found a resolution that didnt involve buying new components. Like others I've hosted multiple game servers over the years, but have not seen an issue like this.

Back
Top Bottom